angela920

I'm nervous about my AOS interview!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My AOS interview will be on Feb 17, 2009 Tuesday at 12:30PM in San Francisco. I'm really getting nervous.. I have all the evidence.. Everything that I submitted I made a copy. Just worried about how it will go. We don't have a lot of wedding pictures because we got married at a courthouse in Oakland, CA. Would it matter? I have a lot of pictures on my celphone though and I printed some of our pictures together but won't be ready til the 20th of Feb. I have the receipts that I printed it. Our evidences... insurance for medical, dental, our phone plan, joint bank account, my prescriptions, netflix (im including it because its being addressed under my name) greeting cards that we got during our wedding and Christmas.

My AOS interview will be on Feb 17, 2009 Tuesday at 12:30PM in San Francisco. I'm really getting nervous.. I have all the evidence.. Everything that I submitted I made a copy. Just worried about how it will go. We don't have a lot of wedding pictures because we got married at a courthouse in Oakland, CA. Would it matter? I have a lot of pictures on my celphone though and I printed some of our pictures together but won't be ready til the 20th of Feb. I have the receipts that I printed it. Our evidences... insurance for medical, dental, our phone plan, joint bank account, my prescriptions, netflix (im including it because its being addressed under my name) greeting cards that we got during our wedding and Christmas.

Get the pictures if you can.

Old saying!!

"A Picture is worth a thousand words!"

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

I think i might just go to walmart and get printer paper and print some of the pictures here from my laptop than wait for the pictures to arrive -sigh-

I think i might just go to walmart and get printer paper and print some of the pictures here from my laptop than wait for the pictures to arrive -sigh-

That would be a GOODidea. IO at our interview spent most of the time looking at our pictures.

I printed 4 per page with captions on each picture.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

melissa/martin,

You don't have to be nervous about the interview. If your case is pretty straight forwards and nothing you're trying to hide, there is nothing to worry about. Just be yourself during the interview and try to relax during the interview. If you get nervous at the interview, that's gonna be OK too and I believe the officer will understand that too. I got my AOS interview done about 11 days ago and actually my wife and I didn't get as nervous as we thought we were going to be. The interview went pretty relax

You have quite a lot of evidence for proofs of living together and that's good. The amount of wedding pics will not matter (I think). Did both parents of yours and your spouse come to the wedding also? Just bring as much as possible of pics of you and your husband and bring all the evidence you can think of to the interview. You also want to bring a copy of all evidence because the officer will take some of the evidence (unless you don't mind that the officer take the original copy).

It's better if you and your husband rehearse first a night before the interview, so you that both of you have the same answers. The rehearse can be as simple as both of you remember about where and when you got married, name of both parents, etc

Hope this helps.

Filed: Other Timeline

There was something that occurred during our interview which I always thought was interesting.

We took three albums of photographs to our interview. One is an album that tells the story of how we met and his visits to the US; one an album of my travel over there; and our wedding album.

It is a 'homemade' wedding album, rather than the binder of pictures you might receive from a professional photographer.

Our AO declined to see the first two and was only interested in the wedding album.

The question he asked though that I thought was 'weird' was - "who put this album together"?

We answered that we both did because we jointly had selected the photos we wanted to use; picked out the papers for the album; and agreed on whether or not to put in our reception menu, etc . That answer was honest, but I had done the majority of the 'work' as I am the more artistic one.

Anyway, I remember watching our AO flip through the album and how he began to smile and how his body language relaxed when he got to the portion of the album which showed family members relaxing and enjoying themselves at our little reception afterwards.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everything depends on the person to interview you. ShaSha and I had her AOS interview 6 days ago and they only asked a few question and when I asked if he needed to see the photos we had and he said he didnt need to because he was happy with all the paperwork sent with the application. One thing he did say was that it was good that we brought dental bills with us to show the insurance was actually used and not just a insurance card. My wife and I have over 1000 pics on our PC and we went to walmart and printed over 500 pics that we put on a memory card and got all of them back in about an hour. You dont need that many photos but you can get them with the 1 hour process. More is better then not enough because you never know what they will want and everyone knows its all about them feeling its a real relationship so I would try to get more photos. Make sure you use good body language when you are there, hold hands and smile at each other and show them how much you love each other.

my husband had his interview in san francisco 3weeks ago...we didn't have a ton of photos from the wedding since we married at san fran city hall. but it was fine frankly our adjudicator was more interested in photos of us with the other person's family over wedding photos. additionally she was very interested in the information reflecting our comingling of finances. if you have a lease or mortgage in both names they are very interested in that too. i hope that helps. good luck to you!!!

fyi be sure to arrive early...it takes awhile to get into the building.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline
my husband had his interview in san francisco 3weeks ago...we didn't have a ton of photos from the wedding since we married at san fran city hall. but it was fine frankly our adjudicator was more interested in photos of us with the other person's family over wedding photos. additionally she was very interested in the information reflecting our comingling of finances. if you have a lease or mortgage in both names they are very interested in that too. i hope that helps. good luck to you!!!

fyi be sure to arrive early...it takes awhile to get into the building.

Thanks for all the replies it really helps me to calm. My husband said to not worry about it. We filed our joint taxes for 2008 so I think its a good evidence. I printed couple of pictures and just like you guys we didn't have a lot of wedding pictures because we only got married at Oakland courthouse and we are planning to have the big wedding celebration in the Philippines so my family can attend too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.