Ruemonst

Calling card to Russia

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Have you looked at the other cards mentioned in this thread?

Being that this is the Russian forum, not sure how much help we're going to be for your China-specific needs. You might want to see if there's a similar thread over in the China forum. You're of course welcome here, especially if you like to talk about guns and pie and naughty Russian words, but for a good phone card for China, you're probably better off searching or asking in the China forum :)

now that I have lived in izhevsk russia for 1 year, I have lived in china now for 10 months,

I'm a good cook as far as pies are concerned and I have 34 hunting rifles and built most of them myself i'd be pleased to talk to any of you about all of them.

You may be only one person in the world,

but you may be the whole world to one person

LIVED IN YUDU CHINA SINCE 5-5-2008

SENT 129F AUG 5 2008

NOA1 AUG 13TH 2008--8 DAYS

NOA2 MAR 20TH 2009--227 DAYS

RECEIVED P3 MAY18TH--286 DAYS

RETURNED P3 MAY 19TH--287 DAYS

RECEIVED P4 JULY 3 4:30 PM

JUST 351 DAYS TO GET INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW DATE JULY 30TH 7:30 AM

RECEIVED A BLUE GOT IT TAKEN CARE OF

NOW INTO A DNA TEST

R4ECEIVED VISAS 3-26-2010 FOR VISAS

POE SAN FRANSISCO APRIL 6TH 2010

HAVE BE IN THE SYSTEM FOR 1 YR 8 MO 16 DAYS

Filed: Timeline
now that I have lived in izhevsk russia for 1 year, I have lived in china now for 10 months,

I'm a good cook as far as pies are concerned and I have 34 hunting rifles and built most of them myself i'd be pleased to talk to any of you about all of them.

Did you hear that? That was the sound of Slim orgasming 34 times. :lol:

So what brought you to Russia, and what then brought you to China?

Did you hear that? That was the sound of Slim orgasming 34 times. :lol:

So what brought you to Russia, and what then brought you to China?

Obviously to introduce China to western-style pies!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Did you hear that? That was the sound of Slim orgasming 34 times. :lol:\

:lol::lol::lol: That's exactly what I was about to type! Geez we've been on this site way too long...

So, about these 34 hunting rifles... I have a nice piece of pie all ready to go. Spill, I'm listening!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Walgreens international calling cards are not bad. For 10 bucks you get 2 hours.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I do not know about calling cards but I use a Voip program that is pretty good. http://www.voipraider.com/en/index.html This website allows you to link a phone to your account, so if you have free long distance, like most people do these days, you can call a local number in the U.S., it prompts you to enter the number you are calling and you can enter the phone number.You are charged per call for a $.05 connection fee then talk for Russian Federation (Landlines) $.02 per minute and .052 per minute to mobile. If you are calling Moscow it can cost you less, here is what they post on their website:

What's the deal with the Freedays?^ top

Buying credits entitles you to 90 Freedays (unless stated otherwise). This means you can call all countries in the free* destinations list for 90 days at no costs. When the 90 days are over, you will keep your credit, and the normal rate will be charged for these destinations.

There is a catch though, they give you I believe - I can not remember exactly- 300 Minutes free a week. Each time you purchase credit you get another 90 days!

I don't know but even if you just used it for the Free time (To Moscow) it would be worth every penny, they used to do all of Russia but recently changed it!!

Edited by b_fowler

We use StarTec (www.startec.com) and I have really no qualms except that I wish it were totally free (fat chance). I have always been weary about these virtual calling card services, but this company has alot of good deals for calling to Russia that I just gave them a try. Had no issues whatsoever and so I have used them ever since.

Sound quality:

We call one another with our mediocre cell phones and I notice no difference in the sound quality as to when I am talking to a friend down the street from me. I think it's good, especially since we are talking transcontinental.

Other things I like about their service:

• You only have to use your PIN once and you can store it all in your cell phone for future use.
  • You can print out details of every single call (monthly) - and very simple to do unlike it is with Skype.
  • You can attach another number to your account, which authorizes them to call your number via your account so that they don't have to pay to call you. Me and my guy love this - we take turns paying for minutes. (i think you can add up to 10 different numbers, but I only had 1).
  • Good deals for calling Russia from USA and for calling USA to Russia.
  • You can try several local "callout" numbers (depending on where you live), which is useful if the lines are tied up or if the sound quality isn't so great (though I never really had sound quality issues to begin with).
  • I am actually getting the amount of talk time that I paid for - sometimes it seems like it's more time.
Sorry, I'm not an advertiser or whatnot - just have had a good experience with StarTec and thought I'd pass it along.

Good luck!

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.