Gri5w4ld

interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was reading some sample interview questions my fiancee might be asked and one of them was if i had met her parents and what they thought of me. She is 27 but I guess things are different there in the philippines and she doesn't really want me to meet her parents because she said they wouldn't allow her to be with me a lone places or to marry me if they even just met me once. Would that be a problem at the interview? I thought about making up some kind of excuse for it but I don't know what.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was reading some sample interview questions my fiancee might be asked and one of them was if i had met her parents and what they thought of me. She is 27 but I guess things are different there in the philippines and she doesn't really want me to meet her parents because she said they wouldn't allow her to be with me a lone places or to marry me if they even just met me once. Would that be a problem at the interview? I thought about making up some kind of excuse for it but I don't know what.

Hi, i dont think it will be a problem if u havent met her parents.

kenness

I'm sure someone from the Philippines could best answer your question about what kind of questions they might ask at an interview. I'm thinking however, that this shouldn't preclude you meeting her parents. In fact, I would suggest that most Philippine fiances who seem really close to their families, want their families to meet their future spouse. How did you two meet as it is? Was it in the Philippines? They might not approve of you spending "alone" time together, and maybe not being in the same place overnight, however could you not go to a local hotel, or stay with one of her relatives when you visit?

At 27, she doesn't need their written permission to marry you. Perhaps going for more than one or two visits would be the ideal situation and then you could meet them several times and get to know them.

Best of luck!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sure someone from the Philippines could best answer your question about what kind of questions they might ask at an interview. I'm thinking however, that this shouldn't preclude you meeting her parents. In fact, I would suggest that most Philippine fiances who seem really close to their families, want their families to meet their future spouse. How did you two meet as it is? Was it in the Philippines? They might not approve of you spending "alone" time together, and maybe not being in the same place overnight, however could you not go to a local hotel, or stay with one of her relatives when you visit?

At 27, she doesn't need their written permission to marry you. Perhaps going for more than one or two visits would be the ideal situation and then you could meet them several times and get to know them.

Best of luck!

I met her online and we have been talking for 4 years. I am finally going to see her this april and spend a couple weeks at a hotel with her.I figured she is 27 and it would seem ridiculous for them to deny her visa simply because I didn't meet a grown womans parents. we will have all evidence and everything else that is needed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Tell them the truth. She is old enough to decide herself, you do not need her parents permission. It is just as viable (for the consulate purposes) for her to say "I do not want him to meet her parents as they would object to this" It shows you know as much, or more, about each other.

Though Manila may be different, we didn't even have ANY questions at our "interview"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i was going to ask the same thing :yes: ..my fiance and i met a year ago he came twice to see me the first one (never met my parents or relatives) was only for 21 days and now hes back to stay for 5 mos(we took pictures with my aunt and close friends) :dance: .he never met my my mom coz my mom died when i was 4 :( and my dad has his new fam and i lost contact :huh: .but that doesnt bother me at all i introduced him to my cousins and close friends and took some good pictures :star: .i advice u to just take pictures with her cousins and friends maybe when u get here.DONT worry about it i dont think it would cause probs besides u have enough proof 4 years is no joke.Goodluck!! :thumbs:

*~OUR JOURNEY~*

01-30-08:Met online & became friends

05-17-08:Stephen's 1st visit (21 days)

06-06-08:Stephen went back to Denver (US)

08-04-08:Started my Annulment process (the wait begins)

10-16-08:Stephen's 2nd visit (5 mos stay)

10-17-08:Officially got engaged..(got my solitaire)

10-22-08:Stephen extended his stay...(met relatives and friends)

11-11-08:Our Hong Kong Trip (3 days)

12-04-08:Stephen's extended his stay

12-04-08:Stephen got his ACR card

12-09-08:Opened our Joint Bank Account at BPI

12-24-08:Our 1st Christmas together (Baguio City)

01-01-09:Our 1st New Year together

01-08-09:Stephen extended his stay..yahoo0!!!

01-30-09:We have known each other for one year now!!!!

02-13-09:Pre-Conference

03-03-09:My bday with my sweetie :D

03-18-09:Pre-trial

0x-xx-09:Stephen goes back to Denver :'( .....

0x-xx-09-10:Stephen is back the 3rd time (5 mos)

Me-and-you-in-50-years.gif

"Good things come to those who wait."

*CSC*

Date I-130 Sent :xx

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) :xx

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) :xx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.