ken86

221(g) issued on time of interview.....

45 posts in this topic

Hi

I got 221(g) on the date of interview.. they are askin me more prrof of realtionship between me and my wife...but it also says that i have to submit those papers with my passoprt to VFS office....

do u know how long it takes to get the passport back?

iam confused....

My Timeline

14/07/2007----Met at Cousins Party (Notre dame, Indiana)

15/07/2007----Started talking (Exchange phone numbers)

31/08/2007----went back to India (For Family Issues)

2/10/2007---- Came Back to USA (Started living together)

12/12/2007----MARRIED in INDIANA,USA

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

23/08/2008---- My wife came to india (stayed 3 months)

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

03/12/2008----Wife went back to USA

17/12/2008----Submit all documents @ VFS jullundher Packet 3.5

28/01/2009----Got interview date Packet 4: Feb 6th

29/01/2009----Went for medical

02/02/2009----GOT medical Report!! (all Fine)

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

28/02/2009---- Submitted 221g Documents with passport

18/03/2009---- Got passport without visa stamped on it

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

STILL UNDER AP!!!!! very Frustated

07/04/2009---- Case tranfered to FPU(fraud prevention unit)

15/06/2009---- Embassy asked me to submit my passport-----confused??

22/06/2009---- Got Visa in Hand

10/07/2009---- POE Denver!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear about the 221(g) - it's been happening a lot lately with couples going thru New Delhi.

What exactly are they requesting for additional information? There should be a list on the 221(g). Please try and make sure you have everything listed or valid reasons for not having items listed. Were you present at the interview? Failure of the petitioner to be at the interview appears to be a common feature with those of us that have had the 221(g) issued.

From what has happened in the last few months it seems that the passports are returned in as little as 2-3 weeks up to 2-3 months. BUT, there are members here who have returned additional proof and have been waiting 6+ months too.

There is a form that can be filed if you need the passport back while the administrative processing in occuring - ask either VFS or the embassy.

If you are in India - I'd be at the embassy asking to speak with a CO, see if that helps.

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear about the 221(g) - it's been happening a lot lately with couples going thru New Delhi.

What exactly are they requesting for additional information? There should be a list on the 221(g). Please try and make sure you have everything listed or valid reasons for not having items listed. Were you present at the interview? Failure of the petitioner to be at the interview appears to be a common feature with those of us that have had the 221(g) issued.

From what has happened in the last few months it seems that the passports are returned in as little as 2-3 weeks up to 2-3 months. BUT, there are members here who have returned additional proof and have been waiting 6+ months too.

There is a form that can be filed if you need the passport back while the administrative processing in occuring - ask either VFS or the embassy.

If you are in India - I'd be at the embassy asking to speak with a CO, see if that helps.

well my wife and my daughter are waiting for me there..and my daughter is just 2 and i have seen her only once....in 2 years...when she was 8 months old....thn i came back to india.....its just i really wanna go back there and meet my family as soon as possible....but embassy asked me to submit those documents well im gonna submit thm pretty soon....but i dont know...how long it would take,,,im really worried....if i dont get this visa my wife,my daughter and me will commit sucicide......coz we been waiting for this from last 2 years.......we cannot handle this anymore,,..LIFE SUCKS!!!!

they are asking abt Notarized.how and where did we met and when we decided to get married?

2. notraized copy of my wifes passport

3. Notrazied affidavits from parents about their views of this marriage?

4. VOters ID card of beneficiary.

Edited by ken86

My Timeline

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I know that this entire process can suck and is very very frustrating. I can't imagine what it would be like to be away from your daughter for such a long time. There are many cases here of people who do hand in the reqested paperwork and they get the visa within a few weeks - so not all hope is lost. It's just another (annoying) hoop to jump thru. You are so close to the finish line in this, so don't give up!

I think I follow now - you are the husband and the beneficiary? And your wife is the petitioner and USC? I take it she was living with you for awhile recently in order to be able to apply as DCF? Was she at the interview?

Try to make the affidavits as thorough as possible - I don't think there is any harm in adding additional photos if you have them. Do either set of parents have an issue with the marriage? If not, having them make statements will be quick and easy. Just be honest and tell your story.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi

I got 221(g) on the date of interview.. they are askin me more prrof of realtionship between me and my wife...but it also says that i have to submit those papers with my passoprt to VFS office....

do u know how long it takes to get the passport back?

iam confused....

I am sorry about your situation. Please send in whatever the 221g requested exactly, and pray for the best. 221g's seem to be the favorite of New Delhi. If they have no other issues, then your visa should be issued shortly. I will keep you in my prayers.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

I know that this entire process can suck and is very very frustrating. I can't imagine what it would be like to be away from your daughter for such a long time. There are many cases here of people who do hand in the reqested paperwork and they get the visa within a few weeks - so not all hope is lost. It's just another (annoying) hoop to jump thru. You are so close to the finish line in this, so don't give up!

I think I follow now - you are the husband and the beneficiary? And your wife is the petitioner and USC? I take it she was living with you for awhile recently in order to be able to apply as DCF? Was she at the interview?

Try to make the affidavits as thorough as possible - I don't think there is any harm in adding additional photos if you have them. Do either set of parents have an issue with the marriage? If not, having them make statements will be quick and easy. Just be honest and tell your story.

Thanks 4 cooperating ....well yea my wife was here in india for 3 months for DCF...well she wasnt with me at the time of interview....USCIS told me that she can leave after petioning the case....well she went back coz our daughter is bak in US ,,,,my mother in law was takin care of her.....due to some reasons we couldnt get her passport...so my wife came alone to india,,.,,well im sooo frustated right now...im not gonna give up....well my wifes sending me the documents which we need to submit....I am gonna do tht soon....

But the problem is they are asking abt my voters ID card and last five years of voters list...

well i just got my voters ID card in begining of this year...and i dont have any records of voting of last five year....so im confused what should i say them about not having voters list....but i can show my voters ID card....

well in immigrant visa or DCF cases they take long to issue the visa...for 221g...do i have to go to embassy again for interview??

somebody told me tht in Immigrant visa cases they dont take long time to issue the visa....for 221g its a fast process for immigrant visa applicants....well....IM SUPER CONFUSED!!!

well heard lots of cases have 221g in new delhi...why is that....cmon..they dont beleive us or what......its been 1 yr and 6 months i been married..and...they still want my more realtionship proof..well thts seriously ridiculious...

They dont know how it feels to be away from your family and kids.....they should ammend some new laws abt this....

seriuosly this situtaion is ######!!!!!!!...........

Edited by ken86

My Timeline

Timeline

Thanks 4 cooperating ....well yea my wife was here in india for 3 months for DCF...well she wasnt with me at the time of interview....USCIS told me that she can leave after petioning the case....well she went back coz our daughter is bak in US ,,,,my mother in law was takin care of her.....due to some reasons we couldnt get her passport...so my wife came alone to india,,.,,well im sooo frustated right now...im not gonna give up....well my wifes sending me the documents which we need to submit....I am gonna do tht soon....

But the problem is they are asking abt my voters ID card and last five years of voters list...

well i just got my voters ID card in begining of this year...and i dont have any records of voting of last five year....so im confused what should i say them about not having voters list....but i can show my voters ID card....

well in immigrant visa or DCF cases they take long to issue the visa...for 221g...do i have to go to embassy again for interview??

somebody told me tht in Immigrant visa cases they dont take long time to issue the visa....for 221g its a fast process for immigrant visa applicants....well....IM SUPER CONFUSED!!!

well heard lots of cases have 221g in new delhi...why is that....cmon..they dont beleive us or what......its been 1 yr and 6 months i been married..and...they still want my more realtionship proof..well thts seriously ridiculious...

They dont know how it feels to be away from your family and kids.....they should ammend some new laws abt this....

My wife also received a 221g from new delhi and was asked the very same things in the 221g as you.she got her voters ID only recenlt and never had one earlier just like you.Please go to the election board and ask for a form which has your name, photo and address...its called "extract of the electorial board"My wife got hers done recently and is going to VFS on monday with all those required docs.Let me know, if you require any help.good luck

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

Marriage : 2007-12-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-04-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-25

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-09

NVC Received : 2008-07-23

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-23

Pay I-864 Bill : 2008-07-30

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-08-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-08-23

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-08-04

Receive IV Bill : 2008-08-08

Pay IV Bill : 2008-08-15

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2008 - 11 - 21

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009 - 01 - 15 (received 221 g)

To VFS office with docs again after receiving 221g : 2009 - 02 - 17

Visa Received : 2009 - 03 - 31

US Entry : 2009 - 04 - 17 (Chicago)

Social Security card received : 2009 29th April

welcome letter received : 2009 2nd May

Green card received : 2009 6th May (with uscis error- entry date wrong)

2nd green card received (also with error again): 2009 27th August

went for biometrics again : 2010 12th July in USA

3rd green card received (finally the right one): 2010 19th July

12960.gif

My wife also received a 221g from new delhi and was asked the very same things in the 221g as you.she got her voters ID only recenlt and never had one earlier just like you.Please go to the election board and ask for a form which has your name, photo and address...its called "extract of the electorial board"My wife got hers done recently and is going to VFS on monday with all those required docs.Let me know, if you require any help.good luck

I just got my voters ID card....but earlier i didnt have any so i dont have name on my voters list of last 5 years....so should i write a explanation,abt not having name on voters list.......and notrazied....it....pls...help me...

My Timeline

Timeline

I just got my voters ID card....but earlier i didnt have any so i dont have name on my voters list of last 5 years....so should i write a explanation,abt not having name on voters list.......and notrazied....it....pls...help me...

Yes, Please make an affidavit and explain why you dont have a voters list for the past 5 years.Did you vote last election?

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

Marriage : 2007-12-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-04-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-25

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-09

NVC Received : 2008-07-23

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-23

Pay I-864 Bill : 2008-07-30

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-08-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-08-23

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-08-04

Receive IV Bill : 2008-08-08

Pay IV Bill : 2008-08-15

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 2008 - 11 - 21

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009 - 01 - 15 (received 221 g)

To VFS office with docs again after receiving 221g : 2009 - 02 - 17

Visa Received : 2009 - 03 - 31

US Entry : 2009 - 04 - 17 (Chicago)

Social Security card received : 2009 29th April

welcome letter received : 2009 2nd May

Green card received : 2009 6th May (with uscis error- entry date wrong)

2nd green card received (also with error again): 2009 27th August

went for biometrics again : 2010 12th July in USA

3rd green card received (finally the right one): 2010 19th July

12960.gif

Yes, Please make an affidavit and explain why you dont have a voters list for the past 5 years.Did you vote last election?

no i did not....

Does anyone know what are the chances of getting visa after 221g submission>??

My Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Unfortunately, real couples pay the price for fraud others have committed. It is unheard of for couples with children to be put through this kind of thing but the same thing happened with my husband. We were asked to do a DNA test for our daughter to prove that she is infact my husband's daughter. It is totally rediculous and it costs a lot of money but we are doing it. They do put your through a lot but that's because others have done the wrong thing but don't worry. It will be overy soon. :star:

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Don't worry about it, we are on a 221G as well. At least you know they are processing you ASAP as soon as you submit necessary items, for us we have to wait to hear from USEM.

Details in my signature.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Don't worry about it, we are on a 221G as well. At least you know they are processing you ASAP as soon as you submit necessary items, for us we have to wait to hear from USEM.

Details in my signature.

I was also interview last Feb. 19, 2009-put on AR; but in my case i received a 221g form, no documents asked just saying that WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US.. till now waiting and waiting!

Jaybie3, did they check anything on your 221G?

Did they ask for anything or tell you what they need?

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Jaybie3, did they check anything on your 221G?

Did they ask for anything or tell you what they need?

nothing at all, as in only the 221g form signed by CO " WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US". that's why i'm wondering why do they need me to put on AR/AP..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.