Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon all

just checked my email and it says that i am approved!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

wow today is the happiest day of my life :D

wat is the next step guys?

Next step? We DANCE! We dance the dance of JOY! :dance::dance::dancing: :joy: DadaDaDA!!

I missed you Jawi!!!! come out and play!

I missed you too...I didn't go back and read everything...I was too tired to keep up. LOL

Thank you Richard!!! How was your time with your SO? Did you have a good time? Enjoy!!! i hope you did!!!! now time to get down to business!!!. i see that the VSC is really moving along here... which is very good..

Rich, we had a wonderful time, thank you. But it was more than just a wonderful time... for me it was to get her to the US and let her see, first hand, what life is like here. Many people outside the US (and particually my SO) think America and Americans are what they see on TV :) so while she was here we visited the schools that her children will go to, she obviously saw her new home (which although is a very nice house) it desperately needs a woman's touch to make it a home. We went grocery shopping and all those everyday life kind of things. My Mother even came down from NY to meet her (I haven't seen my Mother in 5 years) so it was good to have her here also. To me it was a kind of next step to cement everything we have talked about together.

I sent her home with everything she needs for her interview (in case I am not able to be there) so we don't have to worry about the mail or fedex. Her police report should be waiting for her when she gets home... which should be any minute now.... so that just leaves the medical... oh, yeah, and that dang ALMIGHTY NOA2 which my time line is now saying the middle of August..... grrrrrrrrrr..... I was so hoping it would be here now to allow time for the rest of the process so that her children could start the school year here in August when ALL the kids start.

The cruise was awesome... yeah know, breakfast in bed and on the balcony watching the sunrise... lounging in the sun and soaking in the hot-tub. The time together was wonderful... it was very hard to say good-bye again..... but we both know that it end is near and the waiting is almost over.... I think we both came away from this trip feeling a lot more at ease over the move and the adjustment that we all will need to make... (although much more adjustment will be needed by her and her children) I have the easy stuff :)

So, now it is back to the waiting game *grumble*

I'm happy you guys enjoyed each other and the cruise so much!

I just asked USCIS for my NOA 2 monday. They told me i would get it in 5 days. Well today I received this email

The status of this service request is:

The Vermont Service Center is in the process of validating your expedite request on the grounds of United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) error. To do this the center has to review the petition/application that you submitted.

A review of our records indicates that your petition /application was forwarded to an offsite storage facility. Your file has been requested and USCIS will review your application/petition and respond back to you with our determination of your expedite request.

Please allow 30 days for receipt of this final decision.

This is absurd! I would be LIVID @ this point. Maybe you should fax them a copy of the NVC letter, and all the letters you have gotten from them. Then spell it out clearly. What I need from you JERKWADS is my I-797 Notice of Action showing my date of approval for AOS.

Richard i cant come out and play i arrived to work today to find all elevators broken...i had to go up 25 floors...and I had just worked out legs at the gym yesterday...iam dead

OOOO...ouch! I would have been pissed!

Maire I have held my comments about your situation because I thought I might be a tad too harsh. But, you need to stop bellyaching and make a decision. It makes me wonder if you didn't file for him because he was familiar and comfortable and sexy as HE!! man oh man is he HOT....but I digress. What was I saying? Oh yes, and he fit the protocol for your family's expectations and acceptance. If you heart is not truly with him...you my dear are in for a LOOONNGG UPHILL battle. Trust me...I know. I did this process back in 2001 with someone that I knew I didn't truly love like a wife should love her husband. I went ahead with it because we had come so far in the process...I spent so much money (it was meager pennies back then)...and my family loved him. It got to the point, where I couldn't stand to see him chew...less known try to make love to me. If you are waivering between two people, I don't think you are ready for marriage...no matter how far you have come with USCIS or the money spent.

Now, this little chickenhead that you have wasted so much time and energy on is another matter all together. You seem to have it together with your career and seem to be rather intelligent and a real sweetheart in a spoiled...self-centered sort of way. Why you would let her screw you over time and time again is beyond me. If you would rather be with a woman...do it...be happy...just NOT with this person that doesn't recognize your value or your love. Someone that loves you would not use and abuse the love you have for them. They would cherish and honor it.

Are you afraid of being alone? Are you sure you are ready for marriage and starting a family? Or will you be sneaking off into the night to follow your true heart...another woman? Your fiance may be happy with the prospect of two women for a little while (it's every man's fantasy right)...but is that truly the life you want together? Doesn't he deserve your whole heart like you demand from him?

This was all said with much love in my heart for you. I hope I don't upset you too much. I deleted a lot of my harsher comments. LOL

(((((((Maire)))))))

:ot:

African American women have cornered the market on bumpers waaayyyyyy longer than Hispanic women....LOL Actually we can share the title. ;)

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
Good Afternoon all

just checked my email and it says that i am approved!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

wow today is the happiest day of my life :D

wat is the next step guys?

Next step? We DANCE! We dance the dance of JOY! :dance::dance::dancing: :joy: DadaDaDA!!

I missed you Jawi!!!! come out and play!

I missed you too...I didn't go back and read everything...I was too tired to keep up. LOL

Thank you Richard!!! How was your time with your SO? Did you have a good time? Enjoy!!! i hope you did!!!! now time to get down to business!!!. i see that the VSC is really moving along here... which is very good..

Rich, we had a wonderful time, thank you. But it was more than just a wonderful time... for me it was to get her to the US and let her see, first hand, what life is like here. Many people outside the US (and particually my SO) think America and Americans are what they see on TV :) so while she was here we visited the schools that her children will go to, she obviously saw her new home (which although is a very nice house) it desperately needs a woman's touch to make it a home. We went grocery shopping and all those everyday life kind of things. My Mother even came down from NY to meet her (I haven't seen my Mother in 5 years) so it was good to have her here also. To me it was a kind of next step to cement everything we have talked about together.

I sent her home with everything she needs for her interview (in case I am not able to be there) so we don't have to worry about the mail or fedex. Her police report should be waiting for her when she gets home... which should be any minute now.... so that just leaves the medical... oh, yeah, and that dang ALMIGHTY NOA2 which my time line is now saying the middle of August..... grrrrrrrrrr..... I was so hoping it would be here now to allow time for the rest of the process so that her children could start the school year here in August when ALL the kids start.

The cruise was awesome... yeah know, breakfast in bed and on the balcony watching the sunrise... lounging in the sun and soaking in the hot-tub. The time together was wonderful... it was very hard to say good-bye again..... but we both know that it end is near and the waiting is almost over.... I think we both came away from this trip feeling a lot more at ease over the move and the adjustment that we all will need to make... (although much more adjustment will be needed by her and her children) I have the easy stuff :)

So, now it is back to the waiting game *grumble*

I'm happy you guys enjoyed each other and the cruise so much!

I just asked USCIS for my NOA 2 monday. They told me i would get it in 5 days. Well today I received this email

The status of this service request is:

The Vermont Service Center is in the process of validating your expedite request on the grounds of United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) error. To do this the center has to review the petition/application that you submitted.

A review of our records indicates that your petition /application was forwarded to an offsite storage facility. Your file has been requested and USCIS will review your application/petition and respond back to you with our determination of your expedite request.

Please allow 30 days for receipt of this final decision.

This is absurd! I would be LIVID @ this point. Maybe you should fax them a copy of the NVC letter, and all the letters you have gotten from them. Then spell it out clearly. What I need from you JERKWADS is my I-797 Notice of Action showing my date of approval for AOS.

Richard i cant come out and play i arrived to work today to find all elevators broken...i had to go up 25 floors...and I had just worked out legs at the gym yesterday...iam dead

OOOO...ouch! I would have been pissed!

Maire I have held my comments about your situation because I thought I might be a tad too harsh. But, you need to stop bellyaching and make a decision. It makes me wonder if you didn't file for him because he was familiar and comfortable and sexy as HE!! man oh man is he HOT....but I digress. What was I saying? Oh yes, and he fit the protocol for your family's expectations and acceptance. If you heart is not truly with him...you my dear are in for a LOOONNGG UPHILL battle. Trust me...I know. I did this process back in 2001 with someone that I knew I didn't truly love like a wife should love her husband. I went ahead with it because we had come so far in the process...I spent so much money (it was meager pennies back then)...and my family loved him. It got to the point, where I couldn't stand to see him chew...less known try to make love to me. If you are waivering between two people, I don't think you are ready for marriage...no matter how far you have come with USCIS or the money spent.

Now, this little chickenhead that you have wasted so much time and energy on is another matter all together. You seem to have it together with your career and seem to be rather intelligent and a real sweetheart in a spoiled...self-centered sort of way. Why you would let her screw you over time and time again is beyond me. If you would rather be with a woman...do it...be happy...just NOT with this person that doesn't recognize your value or your love. Someone that loves you would not use and abuse the love you have for them. They would cherish and honor it.

Are you afraid of being alone? Are you sure you are ready for marriage and starting a family? Or will you be sneaking off into the night to follow your true heart...another woman? Your fiance may be happy with the prospect of two women for a little while (it's every man's fantasy right)...but is that truly the life you want together? Doesn't he deserve your whole heart like you demand from him?

This was all said with much love in my heart for you. I hope I don't upset you too much. I deleted a lot of my harsher comments. LOL

(((((((Maire)))))))

WOW :(

All I can say to u my lovely Jawi is that U described me better than my mother..every single thing you said describes exactly how my mind is working right now....*sighs* U made me teary

Timeline

All I can say to u my lovely Jawi is that U described me better than my mother..every single thing you said describes exactly how my mind is working right now....*sighs* U made me teary

Just to show you how much I relate to you....here is a picture of my ex-husband. I am a sucker for a beautiful man! But, my heart wasn't with him. He is such a wonderful guy too. You can't make your heart love who it doesn't.

Garth.jpg

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

Just to show you how much I relate to you....here is a picture of my ex-husband. I am a sucker for a beautiful man!

Garth.jpg

wow very handsome girl...damnnnn

he has been the only man I have made love to in 24 years and the only one I am attracted to...may be cus we grew up together and those memories have something to do with it I dunno....and also because I found the ideal reason to make my family happy after all they have suffered with my past

Edited by Maire

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
damnnn... goood response Jawi... especially towards the last part

I know....and I understand it...but cant seem to be able to apply it... :crying:

fc28c598.gif

Get with it GURL!

Also meant with much love in my heart :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I know....and I understand it...but cant seem to be able to apply it... :crying:

fc28c598.gif

Get with it GURL!

lol....I need it...come here and slap me for real...!

Timeline

fc28c598.gif

Get with it GURL!

You TEMPTRESS!

Ok... i am on my way!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

I love Jawi...she should be my personal therapist...everything she says is like hearing my best friend talking to me..in fact Jawi describes me even better than my best friend without even knowing me

fc28c598.gif

Get with it GURL!

You TEMPTRESS!

Ok... i am on my way!

why the hell do u always use complicated wording with me?do u enjoy when i ask the meaning? :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I'm 38 years old and have never been married. Why? Because I wasn't about to just "pick" someone. I wanted to make sure I was marring the woman I am truly in love with. This is a life long commitment. Too many people get married for the wrong reason. That is why the divorce rate is so high. I have a little girl, she was a "surprise", and I am a full time single daddy because her mother was not the woman I was truly in love with.. It is the same commitment as marriage, a life long one! Think... long and hard Maire. You need to follow YOUR heart... forget what you think will make someone else happy... it is your life and your decision will affect others. In the long run doing the hard thing now may help prevent a hard choice later.

Timeline

Just to show you how much I relate to you....here is a picture of my ex-husband. I am a sucker for a beautiful man!

Garth.jpg

wow very handsome girl...damnnnn

he has been the only man I have made love to in 24 years and the only one I am attracted to...may be cus we grew up together and those memories have something to do with it I dunno....and also because I found the ideal reason to make my family happy after all they have suffered with my past

I think you are attempting to change your basic make-up sweetie. I believe you care deeply for him...but your heart is not there. It may be why you found little things to start arguments over. Just because you can stomach making love to him...doesn't mean it will always be that way. You have always been attracted and drawn to women I am assuming. Do you think a wedding ring or baby will magically stop that attraction? It won't. I want you to be happy...you deserve it. But, he deserves the same happiness.

I know most countries have 6 months to enter the US after the K1 visa is issued. Is that the same for Cuba? Maybe, that will give you a little more time to weigh your heartstrings. It would be truly unfortunate if he gives up all his possessions and you can't bring yourself to marry him.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline
I love Jawi...she should be my personal therapist...everything she says is like hearing my best friend talking to me..in fact Jawi describes me even better than my best friend without even knowing me

fc28c598.gif

Get with it GURL!

You TEMPTRESS!

Ok... i am on my way!

why the hell do u always use complicated wording with me?do u enjoy when i ask the meaning? :blink:

A temptress... a woman how tempts... entices... normally a bewitching woman...

In other words... Don't tempt me, I can be in Miami in a few hours :P

Come to think about it I have a better idea... You come to Atlanta and hang with Jawi and me.

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
I'm 38 years old and have never been married. Why? Because I wasn't about to just "pick" someone. I wanted to make sure I was marring the woman I am truly in love with. This is a life long commitment. Too many people get married for the wrong reason. That is why the divorce rate is so high. I have a little girl, she was a "surprise", and I am a full time single daddy because her mother was not the woman I was truly in love with.. It is the same commitment as marriage, a life long one! Think... long and hard Maire. You need to follow YOUR heart... forget what you think will make someone else happy... it is your life and your decision will affect others. In the long run doing the hard thing now may help prevent a hard choice later.

:yes: I agree....is just this particular woman MairelysMaria054.jpg is the devil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.