56 posts in this topic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The first thing I ask whenever I move somewhere new: "Did anyone die here?"

Because I don't want to deal with ghosts again. Not that anyone would tell me the truth but just incase they do.

When my grandma died we were up at her house with my grandpa cleaning it up and helping him cope, and the day we were leaving my son who was 3 at the time came running into the room and asked: "What time are we leaving?" and we told him and he ran back out and said: "about ten oclock" and we walked out into the living room and he was talking to her rocking chair. :(

That made me so sad.

Also a few nights before he was asking to sleep under the bed, which we all found weird, my mom and I and him were all in one room together and my mom said that she woke up because Ethan was talking to someone and she turned over and saw some sort of a figure moving down, by his bed. That was really strange too.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Timeline

A few weeks after my Gramma died, she came to tell me she was better now, and don't worry about her. I was sleeping on the couch at my parents house (t'was after I'd moved out, was back for a visit) and she came and sat down on the coffee table to tell me.

My friend Sharon did the same thing after she died.

James' Dad bugs the ####### out of my dogs here at the house. Sometimes George will just stand there looking in the kitchen, and tilt her head, but she won't go in there. Bruno used to growl at Pops, but not anymore, they get along ok now.

The first Christmas after Pops died, we were all sitting there in the living room opening our presents, and then all of a sudden, James, his brother Randy and I all turned and looked at each other. We could all smell Pops' cologne, but we didn't say anything until later because we didn't know if Mother had noticed it, and didn't want to get her upset.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well we stay in haunted houses all over the Southwest on our trips. We'll check out sights and hotels listed as haunted and book them and then spend a weekend there. So been to quite a number of them so far in Arizona, California, Wyoming, Colorado etc.

We just use 2 cameras and a digital voice recorder and generally start roaming around the hotels at 2am.

The last one we did was aboard the Queen Mary ship in Long Beach. That was quite the fun adventure and would love to go back there again.

We've got so many photos taken on our trips throughout the years that I still haven't looked at our last summers Cheyennes Plains Hotel ones yet. We're kind of far behind looking at the photos after...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

oh oh I remembered a couple more..

A few weeks after my father died at church we sang his very favorite hymn.. I heard him singing a few rows behind me.. I kept looking for him, but never saw him.. just heard is very tenor voice singing behind me..

AND.... then once on a trip to England we went up in the Lake District and went to a "haunted" pub high up in the hills.. they had pics of the resident ghost on the walls.. I couldn't see how it was a figure, but everyone else I was with was completely freaked out.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Wow. These are such interesting stories.

It was years later that I learned about phantom ships..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_ship

Wow, I just read that page. That was super interesting.

A few weeks after my Gramma died, she came to tell me she was better now, and don't worry about her. I was sleeping on the couch at my parents house (t'was after I'd moved out, was back for a visit) and she came and sat down on the coffee table to tell me.

My friend Sharon did the same thing after she died.

I get those kinds of dreams also. They're quite comforting.

We've got so many photos taken on our trips throughout the years that I still haven't looked at our last summers Cheyennes Plains Hotel ones yet. We're kind of far behind looking at the photos after...

That's cool. Do you have any interesting ones?

iagree.gif

We're going to Charleston SC for a few days at the end of the month, and we're going on one of those ghost walking tours, plus plan to see the aircraft carrier, and Fort Sumpter while we're there. Maybe we'll catch a few ghosties :)

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I've always been interested, intrigued and fascinated by the paranormal and ghosts. I truly believe in them. That being said however, I've never had a ghostly experience. I've enjoyed reading about all of your experiences though!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
We're going to Charleston SC for a few days at the end of the month, and we're going on one of those ghost walking tours, plus plan to see the aircraft carrier, and Fort Sumpter while we're there. Maybe we'll catch a few ghosties :)

Awe.. I (L) Charleston...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

It was a very long time ago, and in the UK, but I remember it vividly.

My first husband and I were driving between London and his parents place in Scotland. We had left the city later than we'd planned, one of those one thing after another days. The roads were very busy, but once we had left most of that behind the weather turned to custard. Driving rain/sleet and cold as.

So we stopped the first place we came across. I can't remember a lot about the inside, this was 35 years ago or more, but it was a small stone building practically at the edge of the road. Not very impressive, but any port in a storm! The corner room was small and not that flash, but as we were both tired out we didn't care.

I don't think I was asleep more than two hours, and what woke me up was the sound of hooves on cobblestones. I thought that was odd, given the weather, and the time of night. I didn't remember the road in front being cobbled. I was sitting up in bed by this time, trying to work out what the heck was going on...but then the sound stopped. No sound at all, no wind, no rain, no sound of horses.

The coach and four came right through the corner of the room, silent as. I could see the brass on the harness, the breath of the horses in the cold air. There was a single person sitting high up driving, in livery, and on the back there were two men standing in long red coats. I could see the coat tails moving in the breeze, the breeches had buttons at the knee, it was all so totally real.

It passed in front me at the foot of the bed, totally silent, and vanished out the other side of the room.

I woke the husband, and I am sure I was babbling a mile a minute. He hadn't heard a thing. Told me I was dreaming and to go back to sleep. As if!

I threw on my clothes and took the keys and spent the rest of the night locked in the Bond in the dooryard.

He thought I was mad, at least he did right up until the lady of the house asked him was I not coming down for breakfast. He told her I'd spent the night locked in the car.

She said...'oh..another one that's seen it...."

Still gives me goosebumps.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I live 25 minutes from TAPS headquarters...and their magazine is published here in the city I live in. I live 1/4 of a mile from the Lizzie Borden house..yanno where Lizzie Borden took an axe..gave her mother 40 whacks..where she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41!!!!

I have had 2 experiences both were in the same house..it was an old Victorian House in New Bedford Mass(where one of the best taps episode was done..at the Armory, where the sound man got knocked out by some entity)

Anywho...my first night there I kept hearing footsteps in the hallway and would check to make sure my kids weren't up and walking around(we were visiting with friends) I just kept hearing it..and kept checking but nothing. The next day I mentioned it to someone and they said the house was purchased for a wife of a Whaler(nb used to be a big whaling town, yanno like harpooning) his wife would pace the hall of the floor we were staying on..waiting for her husband to arrive back safely from sea...there is a look out tower on that 3rd floor where we were...It freaked me out because I KNOW there was someone there in that hallway.

A few days later I got really sick with the flu..I was in bed as much as I could..one night it was super hot, and I was running a fever. I was laying in bed and felt a cold facecloth on my head and face. I thought perhaps my 14 yo daughter was trying to take care of me. With my eyes still closed, I went to lift my hand up so I could reach "her" hand to say thank you...but nothing was there. I opened my eyes and nobody was there. I know it wasn't just delusion from being sick...I felt it as clear as day..someone stroking my forehead with a cool, wet clothe. To this day I'm convinced it was Grace(the woman who lived there)

This house is over 200 yrs old btw...

I totally believe in the paranormal...we watch ghost hunters religiously(now) not so much before this happened. My kids have asked me for EVPS for Christmas and their Birthdays haha...Jason and Grant were at our local high school a few weeks ago to sign autographs and such and talk about the paranormal..but I couldn't go..blah!!

This will be my first trip there. It's got a few of my favourite things. History. Pirates. And ghosts. And there's an aircraft carrier for James ;)

Hopefully the weather will be nice and not rainy, so that we can maybe get some photos and video while we're there.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

This will be my first trip there. It's got a few of my favourite things. History. Pirates. And ghosts. And there's an aircraft carrier for James ;)

Hopefully the weather will be nice and not rainy, so that we can maybe get some photos and video while we're there.

Hey... if you guys are ever in Houston, stop on by the Battleship Texas. It's not only one of the longest lasting ships in the U.S. Navy (1910-1948), but it's supposedly haunted as well. I've been to the U.S.S. Texas before and although I've never seen anything "supernatural", it's still pretty cool. Even my wife thought so and she has no interest in the military at all. :star:

I think that one is on hubby's list of must sees. We also have to go back to Wilmington to take the tour of the North Carolina. We had the dogs with us before and they can't go on the ship :( TAPS investigated the NC on one of their episodes. Plus one out in California somewhere.

Most Haunted (buncha hooey! funny as hell though!) investigated the Queen Mary 2 (I think it was) out in CA. That show cracks me up!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.