minimule

argggggggggg my lil brain isn t following

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

HELLO

i have a few questions about this all process,

we know our petition was received feb 05 , because someone had to sign for it.

my fiance sent a money order, so there is no way to find out if they cash the check lol

so my question is, how will we know that they opened our file at all? i know the approval takes a while but will they at least let us know if they have looked at it?

and who will receive the approval letter (well i hope it will be approved)

will it be him the petitioner or me the fiancee?

should i check my emails at all or should he?or the mail?

as u can see , i am ooo so very confused :bonk:

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Timeline

i also forgot to ask what does I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE(s) and all those others stuff in timeline means ????????

THANKS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
HELLO

i have a few questions about this all process,

we know our petition was received feb 05 , because someone had to sign for it.

my fiance sent a money order, so there is no way to find out if they cash the check lol

so my question is, how will we know that they opened our file at all? i know the approval takes a while but will they at least let us know if they have looked at it?

and who will receive the approval letter (well i hope it will be approved)

will it be him the petitioner or me the fiancee?

should i check my emails at all or should he?or the mail?

as u can see , i am ooo so very confused :bonk:

I used a personal check so yoy can see easily if it has been deposited. He can also check through the company that issued the money order to see if has been deposited but it is more complicated.

An NOA1, reciept that the petition has been received will be sent to the petitioner in 2-10 days from when they receive it. It is usually anywhere from one week to 3 weeks until the petitioner receives this. Using the receipt number either of you can sign up for email alerts and checking online. Though I must warn you, like most other things USCIS related, it is pretty useless. Even though I DID get an email notice that our NOA2 (approval) had been issued, our case is still listed as "received and pending". Received and pending? WOW. My wife arrived in Spetember and already has her green card! In general any information you receive from the USCIS is designed only to prevent you from calling them and disturbng them from their games of solataire.

Use the timeline guides at this site, they are much more accurate.

Now that you have filed the petition, download packet 3 from your consulate website and get going on all the packet 3 documents you will need for the interview. Get them ready NOW and when the NOA2 arrives you will be ready for your interview. No matter what anyone tells you, it is NOT too soon to get these things prepared, DO NOT WAIT for anything to be sent to you, it will delay the case for weeks, at best, and may never be sent at all.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi there and good luck w/the process...most your questions have already been answered...the RFE is request for additional evidence...this is sent if you forget a document or supporting evidence of some sort....again good luck w/this process!!!! I agree to download what you need for packet 3 and begin getting those things prepared!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Timeline

ooo ok thanks so....

I-129F NOA1 : is when they let us know they received the files?

I-129F NOA2 : is when they approve it ?

i hope i got it right

As soon as you get your noa1 you will have your case number. I would suggest that you regisiter with the USCIS site for e-mail notifications but these sometimes do not work, but you can go on and check the status of your petition any time.

You will be able to see if they have looked at your case which is refered to as a touch, this is when the date on the site has changed

Good luck with your journey

You will receive the NOA1, the receipt NOA, soon. You can check the immigration timelines link at the top of the page for stats concerning processing times. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.