Brianandphuong

Case rejected at HCMC and sent back to USCIS what do I do now?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
What is the Dam Hoi? I guess i could get my fiance to tell me but please answer anyways......I guess im in the same boat as Bryon hey thats funny cuz my name is Brian also. Im just trying to figure out the correct course of action and get things squared away before my next trip to Vietnam hopefully this comming May or sooner.

After you read this website it will scare the hell out of you. It scared the hell out of me and its the main reason why Im retaining Marcus Ellis

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

I have "a lawyer in HCMC" for our case and he will do nothing more then help with the papers. He told me himself he will only help with the papers. Be careful of your expectations for "a lawyer in HCMC". He will not fight for your case. He only helps with the papers. From his mouth to my ears. He will only help with the papers. Also keep in mind the author of the article. Just a heads up. The information on this site is good information EXCEPT for some recommendations for "a lawyer in HCMC". My thought would be that the fee you would use to pay for "a lawyer in HCMC" would be better spent making another trip to help your case. Again this person, only helps with the papers and will not even call the embassy to check on the case. Let alone fight for you in any manner.

Good luck

I don't think ellis will help with the papers or go to bat for you at the embassy but he will help your fiancee with the papers and mr Nam will prepare her for the interview. He will also help you write the revokation letter. If you hire the wrong attorny and they cancel your case you are done.

Heck there was one attorny in nyc that wanted 4k from me to write an appeal letter when he knew full well the petition would expire and the appeal letter would be useless.

There are a few websites you need to study and read because they supply accumulated knowledge of many and current trends that you need to be aware of if you want to get your visa dont trust any lawyer to do it for you because you will fail in a place like Ho Chi Minh

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
If you want to save some money you can have the wedding or dam hoi at you fiancee's house. All you gotta do is get some catering which is cheap and they provide the tables.

I think my fiancee likes me to spend money for some reason. She is Chinese first unless the Vietnamise have a better more expensive tradition then she wants to do it the Vietnamise way. The wedding cermony we are going to do is at her house but after that we will be going to a resteraunt (Ai Hue)with 15 to 20 tables depending on what the dollar can buy. Her house is not very big but they alley next to it is plenty big to cater the wedding. I'm going to call her right now and ask her why we don't cater. I know she already gave the resteraunt a down payment to reserve it for the 28th so I don't think I will get anywhere. But maybe that will prompt her to save money on something else.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

If you want to save some money you can have the wedding or dam hoi at you fiancee's house. All you gotta do is get some catering which is cheap and they provide the tables.

I think my fiancee likes me to spend money for some reason. She is Chinese first unless the Vietnamise have a better more expensive tradition then she wants to do it the Vietnamise way. The wedding cermony we are going to do is at her house but after that we will be going to a resteraunt (Ai Hue)with 15 to 20 tables depending on what the dollar can buy. Her house is not very big but they alley next to it is plenty big to cater the wedding. I'm going to call her right now and ask her why we don't cater. I know she already gave the resteraunt a down payment to reserve it for the 28th so I don't think I will get anywhere. But maybe that will prompt her to save money on something else.

You want to save your retirement money and she wants you to spend it. hmmmmmmmm... I don't know about the Chinese way but the VIETNAMESE way is that when you have a weddding, the custom is to give the bride and groom money (not gifts), and enough people come you could make back your money and you could even profit, like I did my wedding. I came out so much on top that I had a nice chunk going into my bank so that I put into a cd that grows over time towards my house fund. If you have the wedding ceremony at your fiancee's house imagine how much you would save and how money you might profit. I had my dam hoi at my wife's house and she blocked off the street infront of her house, with asking her neighbors of course (more people you can invite, the neighbors), and we were able to fit about 20 tables. But for my wedding we did it at a restuarant out in the country side, where most of my wife's family is, so it was way cheaper than having it in Saigon. My brother inlaws wedding was just recently last month, he had it at my wife's family's house, and him being from Vietnam and not having much money saved up, he ended up profiting money for their future.

You said you spent 10k-12k so far on your wedding, lawyer fees, and immigration fees, I think thats alot. What I've spent so far on my Dam Hoi, Wedding, Lawyer fees and Marriage petition fees is about 7k-8k but thats not counting the money I made from profiting from my wedding.

mrc2pmh1445.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Heck our engagement ceremony was at LIDO resturant in Ho Chi Minh city with over 300 people. Im sure we can not afford such a big party again nor would the same people want to come for a second party. Im still trying to figure out what to do...

Timeline

You want to save your retirement money and she wants you to spend it. hmmmmmmmm... I don't know about the Chinese way but the VIETNAMESE way is that when you have a weddding, the custom is to give the bride and groom money (not gifts), and enough people come you could make back your money and you could even profit, like I did my wedding. I came out so much on top that I had a nice chunk going into my bank so that I put into a cd that grows over time towards my house fund. If you have the wedding ceremony at your fiancee's house imagine how much you would save and how money you might profit. I had my dam hoi at my wife's house and she blocked off the street infront of her house, with asking her neighbors of course (more people you can invite, the neighbors), and we were able to fit about 20 tables. But for my wedding we did it at a restuarant out in the country side, where most of my wife's family is, so it was way cheaper than having it in Saigon. My brother inlaws wedding was just recently last month, he had it at my wife's family's house, and him being from Vietnam and not having much money saved up, he ended up profiting money for their future.

You said you spent 10k-12k so far on your wedding, lawyer fees, and immigration fees, I think thats alot. What I've spent so far on my Dam Hoi, Wedding, Lawyer fees and Marriage petition fees is about 7k-8k but thats not counting the money I made from profiting from my wedding.

The Chinese way or what my fiancee is telling me a table at this resteraunt will cost between 150-200 depending on how much beer each person drinks the tables hold about 12 people. Each member at the party gives a small sum of money maybe $6 to the brides family. So the groom pays for it and he brides family profits. I got a house now well its a town house somebody owns the other side. Its actually gone up in value since the recession hasn't hit where I live. So far Ive spent between 12 and 15k to add it up makes my head hurt so I try not to. Before she gets here I will have to spend my cd. I'm sending out inventations to my family and friends here but I know they cannot attend so I will say money and gifts not accepted. Congratletory notes and cards welcome. So she can take those cards with to the interview if they have a hard time believing us. I will make the money back in a year with a second job and she will work and help us save some money for our retirement also. The only way I will be upset is if they don't let her come over here because I don't think I could make it over there.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Timeline
:crying::blush::angry:

Is this your first petition and is your wife in Ho Chi Minh?

What were the reason they gave for the denial?

Edited by bryonm4

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have been to a Chinese wedding before. Yes, I can tell you they spend a LOT more money on dinner than the Vietnamese. They generally serve a 12 course meal.

Our 500 guest wedding was elaborate and I'm sure it was expensive, but I'm also sure it was a lot less money per capita than a Chinese style wedding. I don't know about the cost because my wife's family paid for everything. They may have made out well on the monetary donations as well. I have no idea.

Thank goodness the Vietnamese don't write thank-you notes. We'd still be writing them today.

Timeline

It does sound strange that she wants to spend so much money. Every VN I know are cheap dates. Our engagement party was just at the house and a few hundred showed up and the family cooked all the food themselves. I didn't even know it was an engagement party until the party itself and was led around to drink some beer with many.

I did notice that the custom there or at least where my family is concerned is to give money and not gifts. I like this custom myself. For our weddind here we already have about 300 hundred that is supposed to come. I have been anxious about how I can afford it all but was told not to worry and that I would profit handsomely. Ok then.

Personally I would tell her she need to start saving as much money as possible as this may drag on for awhile.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
:crying::blush::angry:

Is this your first petition and is your wife in Ho Chi Minh?

What were the reason they gave for the denial?

Honestly, i do not know,everything was ok and all documents were available

Edited by One heart

My K3 petition was returned back to USCIS on Jan,22nd,2008 and i am still waiting till this moment to hear from the USCIS

Timeline

Just curious, who is the lawyer and how much are they charging you for their services?

I'm trying to understand how much people like Marc Ellis(whose name I hear a lot on this forum) are charging for their services and how much value is derived in the event I need to go that route.

In other words, is it worth it given the money spent.

Timeline
Just curious, who is the lawyer and how much are they charging you for their services?

I'm trying to understand how much people like Marc Ellis(whose name I hear a lot on this forum) are charging for their services and how much value is derived in the event I need to go that route.

In other words, is it worth it given the money spent.

I think if your case gets stuck in a big pile and you aren't getting anywhere for months its worth it. I've never heard anyone say they felt their money wasn't well spent with him.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

Lolly and associates are handling my case. They will review the case and find out the reason for my rejection and freeze the case and keep it from being sent back for $500 additional services after that are more. Its worth it to keep the case from being sent back and finding out the correct course of action to take to make sure you dont make any more mistakes.

Timeline
Lolly and associates are handling my case. They will review the case and find out the reason for my rejection and freeze the case and keep it from being sent back for $500 additional services after that are more. Its worth it to keep the case from being sent back and finding out the correct course of action to take to make sure you dont make any more mistakes.

Sounds like a WISE move. Let me know how it works out for you. I may need their number. Are they state-side lawyers or in HCMC?

Good luck

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.