6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hello

i am new on this site, my name is cammie and i am 21. my story is a lil complicated.

I moved to the us when i was 14 from France (under a k3 visa) my mom married an american. she didn t stay married to that man because of mental abuse and others issues, she then married another american , and i finaly got a work permit, ssn,driver lisence s ect and my case was pending as far as my green card.but when i was 18, my mom moved back to france with my step dad leaving me without all my papers and a pending case, i do not know why , but back then i wasn t worried about it,i didn t know anything about immigration . I have been with my fiance for 2 years and when he asked me to marry me, i thought the best decision was to go back to france, stay with my dad for a while and file a k1 visa. i would like to clarify that i wasn t illegal but my previous visa was never completed

i am now 21, and after living in the us for 7 years, i am hoping to get my k1 visa and go back to the us to marry the man i love.i am just scared of complications dues to my mother s bad decisions.

the vermont office received our files yesterday and i am going crazy, i am just so scared i wont be able to marry my angel...

will they be able to deny it ?

thanks for yall time

cammie

post-61534-1233925234_thumb.jpg

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello

i am new on this site, my name is cammie and i am 21. my story is a lil complicated.

I moved to the us when i was 14 from France (under a k3 visa) my mom married an american. she didn t stay married to that man because of mental abuse and others issues, she then married another american , and i finaly got a work permit, ssn,driver lisence s ect and my case was pending as far as my green card.but when i was 18, my mom moved back to france with my step dad leaving me without all my papers and a pending case, i do not know why , but back then i wasn t worried about it,i didn t know anything about immigration . I have been with my fiance for 2 years and when he asked me to marry me, i thought the best decision was to go back to france, stay with my dad for a while and file a k1 visa. i would like to clarify that i wasn t illegal but my previous visa was never completed

i am now 21, and after living in the us for 7 years, i am hoping to get my k1 visa and go back to the us to marry the man i love.i am just scared of complications dues to my mother s bad decisions.

the vermont office received our files yesterday and i am going crazy, i am just so scared i wont be able to marry my angel...

will they be able to deny it ?

thanks for yall time

cammie

I think the best option is NOT to leave quite yet and you may never have to.... Have a consulatation with a competant immigration attorney.... before you decide anything..

moving to AOS as it is better forum for this question

YMMV

Timeline

hi, but i did move back in december

i am in france now and we just applied for my k1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi, but i did move back in december

i am in france now and we just applied for my k1

Well that may have been the right decision or an unfortunate one... but it is too late to change..

Your previous presence in the USA will not have an effect on the I-129F petition. When you apply for the visa at the Consulate in Paris, at that time you may be refused a visa for an overstay... if that happens you will need to submit a "waiver".... There is not a lot you can do in regards to the waiver other than educate yourself on this process and how the Paris consulate deals with this situation.

YMMV

I think you made a wrong decision to move back to France. :blink:

You just needed to consult an attorney.

Because now your process will take more time. First, you get K-1, then GC... And the disadvantage of this process is that your fiance is in USA and you are in France.

If you stayed in USA, the duration of your process would be less.

Adjustment of Status

Dec 3, 2008 - Aug 20, 2009 (approval on August 7th)

Removing of Conditions

May 9, 2011 - October 4, 2011 (approval on September 28th)

Naturalization

July 19, 2014 - N400 packet sent out

July 21, 2014 - N400 packet delivered

July 23, 2014 - received email/text that I-797 is issued

July 26, 2014 - received I-797 in mail

August 11, 2014 - received the Biometrics notification

August 14, 2014 - biometrics walk-in (original date August 20)

August 18, 2014 - in line for interview scheduling

September 9, 2014 - yellow letter is received (letter is issued September 3)

November 3, 2014 - interview notice is issued (email/text alert)

November 10, 2014 - interview notice received with the interview date of December 11, 2014.

November 10, 2014 - request to reschedule mailed out

December 5, 2014 - interview notice is sent out (email/text alert)

December 11, 2014 - received an interview letter in mail

January 10, 2015 - interview on Saturday at 7am

January 26, 2015 - sent the requested documentation

February 26, 2015 - oath letter is issued (email/text alert)

March 2, 2015 - oath letter is received

March 18, 2015 - oath at 8am

Timeline

ufff im so confused about what to do right now, thanks for ur replies

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.