MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
We were delivered to London that same day, possibly in the same package. And on Friday when I called I was told we were in the system. But it was one of those people you talk to that sound like they may have wandered in off the street and answered the phone, I was wholly unsure that she knew what she was talking about. :lol:

So, I called again this morning to double check, because Neil wants to book his medical, and I spoke to another woman who said we were electronically in the system, but they didn't have the hard copy of our case yet. Ummm...not sure how that can even happen. But, they're running long enough with medicals right now, I'm hoping it'll be all received and entered into the system by the time he goes if we're "electronically" there. :wacko:

Just thought I'd let you know. Did you ship out from DHL on the 16th? Because if so we're probably in that same package.

WOW! There are a lot of us American women trying to get our British Dave's on this thread. ;) Myself, Justine, and gmjdmj at the very least.

NVC and DOS said our package was sent on the 14th. I assume we are EXP 14 OCT 2009A that was delivered on the 19th. I'm sure the boxes are all right there next to each other.

I have called DOS twice now and both times I have gotten people that sound like they speak english as a second language. It's probably a great thing since they have to speak to people from so many different countries. The first did sound a bit frustrated with me. The second I tried to be as sweet as possible to her. Lady 2 was a lot nicer and let me know about the 1 month timeframe they have to tell us. I am assuming that if it isnt handled after 1 month we can call and raise some hell.

Nancy, looking at some of the other timelines and reading through the posts it seems that the medicals are being booked 2 weeks out, is that what you and Neil have found as well?

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called DOS this morning, still could not confirm that London has received the box that DHL shows delivered on 10/19. She told me that it could take them as long as a month. She also told me that sometimes the embassies get the boxes and then don't open for awhile.

I guess they might take a bit since the box the day before was close to 50 pounds? It has been a week and I just really wish they would hurry up. Also, more postal strikes will happen this week, especially in London.

Are there any people lurking that have had this same issue with London?

Jewel

Supposidly our package was shipped to london on the 5th October and i looked on the DHL thing and it shows a delivery to London on the 8th (may not be our info but im assuming it would be) we still have not heard anything, its been 21 days, im starting to worry. I called DOS quite a few times (and have been told London has not yet received our approved petition) and the last lady told me to stop calling and wait for the embassy to get in touch with me......so, so frustrating! Im taking it her partner is in the same country as her otherwise she would be more sympathetic.

Urgh, i just hate not knowing whats going on!

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Awww, gmj, Justine and Julie and their Daves. :) That's pretty darn cute!

Justine, I'm actually a bit relieved that someone else heard that "electronically entered in without hard copy" thing. It makes me feel like it's a real option and not something made up by the woman I spoke with. :blink:

Julie, yes I think two weeks sounds about right. I know when people made them at the end of last week, their appt. day was the 9th. That may have been in this very thread a couple pages back. I know that Neil has his because it's his facebook status :lol: but I haven't talked to him yet, he's still at work.

Speaking of which... in the "I'll take all the little good things I can get" department... I'm loving this one week between the UK daylight savings and ours here in the States. For two weeks each year, we're only 4 hours apart instead of 5. :dance:

Pathetic what thrills you in long distance relationships. :lol:

But it's our last daylight savings switch apart. Yay! This really is going to happen. We really are going to all be together! :thumbs:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Supposidly our package was shipped to london on the 5th October and i looked on the DHL thing and it shows a delivery to London on the 8th (may not be our info but im assuming it would be) we still have not heard anything, its been 21 days, im starting to worry. I called DOS quite a few times (and have been told London has not yet received our approved petition) and the last lady told me to stop calling and wait for the embassy to get in touch with me......so, so frustrating! Im taking it her partner is in the same country as her otherwise she would be more sympathetic.

Urgh, i just hate not knowing whats going on!

Seriously, EFF that. It's their freaking job to answer the phone. Why do you think you paid $455? I call every day and I'm polite, but yes, I will continue to call every day.

Awww, gmj, Justine and Julie and their Daves. :) That's pretty darn cute!

Justine, I'm actually a bit relieved that someone else heard that "electronically entered in without hard copy" thing. It makes me feel like it's a real option and not something made up by the woman I spoke with. :blink:

Speaking of which... in the "I'll take all the little good things I can get" department... I'm loving this one week between the UK daylight savings and ours here in the States. For two weeks each year, we're only 4 hours apart instead of 5. :dance:

But it's our last daylight savings switch apart. Yay! This really is going to happen. We really are going to all be together! :thumbs:

lol, I had no idea about the 4 hour thing! Awesome! Yeah, thank goodness I read about what you posted because it's so darn confusing and I probably would have called again to get another person. And the one month thing about "raising hell" good to know as well. I'm glad we have the luxury of waiting, but I know you guys must be stressed out too. I just can't imagine what it's like for poor MARM who has been waiting over a year not by choice.

MARM, saw that you did a senatorial inquiry this week. Hopeful that it will do much?

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

AZ doesn't go on that whole daylight savings thing, so we got giant swathes where we were an hour closer --- but it was 7 vs 8 hours. It makes you feel for those guys who have 12 and 14 hour time differences...

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just wanted to chime in that I also am experiencing, shall we say, technical difficulties with our K-1.

According to NVC the petition was sent out October 6th; and it looked like London received it on October 8th. When I called DOS last week I spoke with someone who stated that our petition was received electronically, but they had not received the actual paperwork. When I inquired as to the meaning of "electronic" she was so kind to inform me that it's like "E MAIL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS?"

So, in any event, for anyone wondering what that means, I think she cleared that up. :idea:

I called back today and was told that the embassy still had not received the paperwork. So it's been 18 days for us; and nothing. I am so grateful for those of you that have posted about this because for the last week I have been losing my mind; not that it's a good thing that this is happening to any of us; but I am in a way glad to see that we aren't alone, that it seems to be something of a backlog in London.

Timeline

So then, my question is, if we're "electronically" in the system, they are aware of us and we obviously have a case number that we got from DOS, so we can we go ahead with, say, the medical? Or does there have to be a physical file with our paperwork in it to put the medical results in? I always heard, go ahead with your medical once you're in the system. So, are we in the system? :lol::wacko:

Any thoughts or opinions on this?

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Packet 4 Received :

502e43ccdf.png

Oh definitely you can have the medical done. If you call up DOS or the NVC, you can get what's called your "LND" number which is the one that you'll have for the rest of the process.

Knightsbridge will ask if you have your packet 3 info but it doesn't matter if you don't; all you need is the LND number, and the medical results are good for 1 year (have to apply for AOS within a year).

Judi, thanks for the info! But, grr, if it's been 18 days for you, I can't imagine how long it's going to be for us who just got started last week. My DHL "package" was 15 pounds in weight, though, so sounds like they are just getting a ton of petitions right now.

Oh yeah, the 3 David's thing is really cute :) My David will never be called "Dave" though, lol, he hates the nickname. Probably because I talk too much about Dave Ramsey, this financial radio guy I listen to.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline
So then, my question is, if we're "electronically" in the system, they are aware of us and we obviously have a case number that we got from DOS, so we can we go ahead with, say, the medical? Or does there have to be a physical file with our paperwork in it to put the medical results in? I always heard, go ahead with your medical once you're in the system. So, are we in the system? :lol::wacko:

Hi There! John had his medical on 10-7, it's good for a year so yea.. use the link on the website to set it up n git r done :)

"Waiting does not seem long, once it is accomplished"

Click on "my timeline" and it is there. Takes up too much space in the signature area.

Timeline

Thank you ladies, good to know. :):thumbs: And yeah, we do know our LND case number, I use it daily to call and bug DOS about our status. :lol:

And Neil went ahead and booked his medical since they told us on Friday we were in the system. I just didn't know if, when they sent the results of his medical to the embassy, they would know where to put it if they don't have our physical file. If that makes any sense.

But your answers cleared that up. Thanks! :dance:

Packet 4 Received :

502e43ccdf.png

Timeline

Oh yeah, the 3 David's thing is really cute :) My David will never be called "Dave" though, lol, he hates the nickname. Probably because I talk too much about Dave Ramsey, this financial radio guy I listen to.

My David doesn't like that nickname as well... hehe

I just wanted to chime in that I also am experiencing, shall we say, technical difficulties with our K-1.

According to NVC the petition was sent out October 6th; and it looked like London received it on October 8th. When I called DOS last week I spoke with someone who stated that our petition was received electronically, but they had not received the actual paperwork. When I inquired as to the meaning of "electronic" she was so kind to inform me that it's like "E MAIL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS?"

So, in any event, for anyone wondering what that means, I think she cleared that up. :idea:

I called back today and was told that the embassy still had not received the paperwork. So it's been 18 days for us; and nothing. I am so grateful for those of you that have posted about this because for the last week I have been losing my mind; not that it's a good thing that this is happening to any of us; but I am in a way glad to see that we aren't alone, that it seems to be something of a backlog in London.

Hi

I'd be really grateful if you would keep me informed about your petition. Ours was shipped on the same day as yours so would be nice if you hear anything if you could let me know and vice versa? Im assuming they send one big packet with everything in rather than each individual petition.

I hope everyone gets moving soon, i think this is the hardest thing i have ever had to do and all for love!

AOS Visa Journey

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

Timeline
Hi

I'd be really grateful if you would keep me informed about your petition. Ours was shipped on the same day as yours so would be nice if you hear anything if you could let me know and vice versa? Im assuming they send one big packet with everything in rather than each individual petition.

I hope everyone gets moving soon, i think this is the hardest thing i have ever had to do and all for love!

No problem! I love this website. I've been lurking in this thread for a while and it's helped me so much; to at least to get a general idea of the process, and what to expect. I sort of expected to get stuck at NVC for a while (thankfully that didn't happen) but I didn't expect this weird petition stuck in a box thing at the embassy. So now that we know we aren't the only ones, I think it's wonderful that we can keep each other informed.

And to Justine+David, let's just hope they get on the ball and start processing our stuff. I have a feeling it will be soon.

Thank you to everyone posting in this thread, you guys have helped me soooo much!

lol, I had no idea about the 4 hour thing! Awesome! Yeah, thank goodness I read about what you posted because it's so darn confusing and I probably would have called again to get another person. And the one month thing about "raising hell" good to know as well. I'm glad we have the luxury of waiting, but I know you guys must be stressed out too. I just can't imagine what it's like for poor MARM who has been waiting over a year not by choice.

MARM, saw that you did a senatorial inquiry this week. Hopeful that it will do much?

Thanks for asking :luv: but the senatorial inquiries don't do much from my experience except give me a standard status response. I like to think that they let the consulate know that we are actively "monitoring" their progress as much as we can (when really you can't know much in this process). Basically it is all I can do, so I am doing it :) I did send letters to Hilary Clinton and the Consular General Officers in the UK and I beleive that it did help because it was around that time that they completed my fiance's Admin Review and then put him in Admin Processing. The way they do things is ridiculous, my fiance's file sat there for a long time untouched, it's like they purposely want to create hell for us, but anyway we have waited so long and keep telling ourselves it can't possibly be much longer, especially since his UK residency expires by the end of Nov 09. They have to give us a decision before then right? We hope so...

Once your file is in the system electronically (which means it is also there physically, but you only have a way of knowing the electronic part), you can go ahead with the medical, and you can even prepare all of packet 3 response from the link on the embassy's website.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Hi

No problem! I love this website. I've been lurking in this thread for a while and it's helped me so much; to at least to get a general idea of the process, and what to expect. I sort of expected to get stuck at NVC for a while (thankfully that didn't happen) but I didn't expect this weird petition stuck in a box thing at the embassy. So now that we know we aren't the only ones, I think it's wonderful that we can keep each other informed.

And to Justine+David, let's just hope they get on the ball and start processing our stuff. I have a feeling it will be soon.

Thank you to everyone posting in this thread, you guys have helped me soooo much!

Hi Judi

Just to let you know and anyone else that had their petition delivered to London on the 8th Oct, they have received and logged mine and packet 3 is in the post! Yay, i am at work at the moment but really just feel like shouting this from the rooftops!! I am so, so happy. One step closer to being with my baby!

Give them a call and i really hope you are in the same position.

Good luck

AOS Visa Journey

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.