LRKO

I-130 Section D #2

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I have a question about the I-130, Section D #2. It asks 'Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?'

The reason I am asking about this is because I sent in my paperwork last April and then again in May 2008 (London DCF). They sent me the paperwork back and told me to file via USA but I did not pursue the visa at that time. So, when I try the process again, would I answer yes or no to Section D, #2 since they sent the paperwork back and it has not been filed since? (It was never processed....)

Thanks again for all of your help...it's these silly things that will throw an application off kilter...my luck it would anyway!

Cheers! :unsure:

Linda

Edited by LRKO

s-event.png

12/13/2007: Married

USCIS

05/30/13 : I-130 Priority Date

06/04/13 : NOA1 NBC

12/30/13 : Case transferred to NSC

03/20/14 : NOA2

NVC

04/04/2014: NVC received case

05/05/2014: Case number assigned with IIN/BIN

10/06/2014: CASE COMPLETE!!

10/14/2014 ? Interview scheduled?

10/16/2014 Received P4Letter email; Case Left NVC - In transit on 18th - Delivered on 19 Nov 2014

10/20/2014: Medical

11/06/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

11/13/2014: Pick up Visa

11/14/2014: Planned POE - Dallas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello everyone!

I have a question about the I-130, Section D #2. It asks 'Have you ever before filed a petition for this or any other alien?'

The reason I am asking about this is because I sent in my paperwork last April and then again in May 2008 (London DCF). They sent me the paperwork back and told me to file via USA but I did not pursue the visa at that time. So, when I try the process again, would I answer yes or no to Section D, #2 since they sent the paperwork back and it has not been filed since? (It was never processed....)

Thanks again for all of your help...it's these silly things that will throw an application off kilter...my luck it would anyway!

Linda

Answer YES

Hello everyone!

Linda

What was their reason for not accepting your application the first time?

Hello everyone!

Linda

What was their reason for not accepting your application the first time?

They said I hadn't been in country long enough and to apply thru the USA. I have been here more than a year now so hopefully that won't be an issue this time. I just don't know if I should put yes or no where they ask if I have filed a petition for this or any other alien. If I put yes, they want to know the results of that application. But since it was never processed, would I put no?

Many thanks!

s-event.png

USCIS

NVC

10/16/2014 Received P4Letter email; Case Left NVC - In transit on 18th - Delivered on 19 Nov 2014

The answer would be NO. As you never filed at the Embassy? They never charged you...right? They sent back your whole application.

Also do you have Limited Leave to remain or Indefinite leave to remain in the UK?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The answer would be NO. As you never filed at the Embassy? They never charged you...right? They sent back your whole application.

Also do you have Limited Leave to remain or Indefinite leave to remain in the UK?

I would answer yes. First, because it doesn't ask if you filed at the Embassy. Second because if yes is the wrong answer, no problem. If no is the wrong answer, you lied. Never lie on an immigration form or to an immigration official.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I am on the Limited leave to remain...ie expires two years after entry but can then apply for ILR. Not sure if we will be here then or not but either way, the question will always be there if we decide to return to USA so as pushbrk said, it's better to say yes and be wrong than the other way around.

Many thanks!!

s-event.png

USCIS

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.