saran

CSPA to f4 derivative beneficiaries

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks very much aaron2020 for your reply.

Hello people,

I have a similar problem as that of saran. my category is F4 and my 21st birthday was in 2008 and now its 2009 and ive turned 22. the problem i faced was that despite the payment of fee bill at that time, i had been asked by NVC to wait for my priority date to become current which was due in jan 2009. At that time my birthday was within less then 60 days so i sent them (NVC)) an email and they replied me to wait till case becomes current.

Upon being current in january 2009, it took me almost 6 months to arrange the documents untill i finally filed in the DS form 230 with all necessary documents in june 09 along with my parents (i was not available for 6 months)

I havnt been yet called in for a interview because some of my parents documents are again requested by NVC in July 09.

Now that my priority date was jan 1998, and my I-130 was filed in around 1997 (mostprobably feb). id be really greatful if you tell me that would this be a good enough reason for me to apply for CSPA? and if yes, how should I do that? Should i send an email to NVC and ask them to consider me for CSPA? or would they already know through the cspa calculator? Can you help me out with this calculation matter as i dont really understand how it works.

Secondly, if they ask those with age 21 and above not to come to the interview then should I go there? and if yes, then how should I convicne them about my cspa case? would a copy of communication with NVC through email be ok?

Im really worried about it. Please it would be really kind of you if you help out. Thanks.

Since you already filed the DS-230 for yourself, there is nothing else for you to do to have CSPA apply in your case. Your CSPA age is determined on the day your petitioned parent's PD became current. Since there is nothing more you can do, concentrate on the other documents that the NVC is asking for.

Good luck.

Regarding the case, I was wondering about emailing NVC well before time (before they call me and my parents for interview) to send an email and request to consider me for CSPA. Would that be a good idea? I just want to make sure that im on track and dont forget anything regarding the communication matters. If you can give some idea other than that then it would be great.

I had been arranging all the documents but my petitioners documents were somewhat missing, which were a part of my parents requirements. I hope my petitoner finds em soon..

Regarding the CSPA, it would be kind of you if you please help me out determine my CSPA age if it applies. My PD was jan fifteen 98 and it got current on jan one 09. may b.date is 25-7-87

Thanks again

Edited by demoney

Timeline
Hello people,

I have a similar problem as that of saran. my category is F4 and my 21st birthday was in 2008 and now its 2009 and ive turned 22. the problem i faced was that despite the payment of fee bill at that time, i had been asked by NVC to wait for my priority date to become current which was due in jan 2009. At that time my birthday was within less then 60 days so i sent them (NVC)) an email and they replied me to wait till case becomes current.

Upon being current in january 2009, it took me almost 6 months to arrange the documents untill i finally filed in the DS form 230 with all necessary documents in june 09 along with my parents (i was not available for 6 months)

I havnt been yet called in for a interview because some of my parents documents are again requested by NVC in July 09.

Now that my priority date was jan 1998, and my I-130 was filed in around 1997 (mostprobably feb). id be really greatful if you tell me that would this be a good enough reason for me to apply for CSPA? and if yes, how should I do that? Should i send an email to NVC and ask them to consider me for CSPA? or would they already know through the cspa calculator? Can you help me out with this calculation matter as i dont really understand how it works.

Secondly, if they ask those with age 21 and above not to come to the interview then should I go there? and if yes, then how should I convicne them about my cspa case? would a copy of communication with NVC through email be ok?

Im really worried about it. Please it would be really kind of you if you help out. Thanks.

Since you already filed the DS-230 for yourself, there is nothing else for you to do to have CSPA apply in your case. Your CSPA age is determined on the day your petitioned parent's PD became current. Since there is nothing more you can do, concentrate on the other documents that the NVC is asking for.

Good luck.

Regarding the case, I was wondering about emailing NVC well before time (before they call me and my parents for interview) to send an email and request to consider me for CSPA. Would that be a good idea? I just want to make sure that im on track and dont forget anything regarding the communication matters. If you can give some idea other than that then it would be great.

I had been arranging all the documents but my petitioners documents were somewhat missing, which were a part of my parents requirements. I hope my petitoner finds em soon..

Regarding the CSPA, it would be kind of you if you please help me out determine my CSPA age if it applies. My PD was jan fifteen 98 and it got current on jan one 09. may b.date is 25-7-87

Thanks again.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Hello people,

Good luck.

Thanks again.

When did the petition for your parent get approved by USCIS and forwarded to the NVC? I need this date to calculate your CSPA age.

Timeline
Hello people,

Good luck.

Thanks again.

When did the petition for your parent get approved by USCIS and forwarded to the NVC? I need this date to calculate your CSPA age.

hey thanks for the reply!

I believe it was somewhere in 1997 but i really dont know the month and the date because my petitioner has the documents with him. it might be near june

Timeline
Hello people,

Good luck.

Thanks again.

I believe it was somewhere in 1997 but i really dont know the month and the date because my petitioner has the documents with him. it might be near june

You listed your PD as Jan. 15, 1998. If you PD date is correct, your approval date cannot have occurred in 1997 because that would have been before your petition was filed.

Timeline
Hello people,

Good luck.

Thanks again.

You listed your PD as Jan. 15, 1998. If you PD date is correct, your approval date cannot have occurred in 1997 because that would have been before your petition was filed.

oh..well actually im not really sure about this matter. Actually my fathers' brother filed the petiton somewhere in 96 but it was not approved due to some missing documents..but later after providing all necessary docs, we received a letter mentioning our PD. this date is confirmed but what im not sure about is the date the petition got approved in USCIS. I guess I might not be able to find out about the CSPA age then.

Regarding contacting NVC, I was thinking about emailing NVC well before time (before they call me and my parents for interview) and request to consider me for CSPA. Would that be a good idea? Should I do that?

Thanks for ur interest and help.

Timeline
Hello people,

Good luck.

Thanks again.

oh..well actually im not really sure about this matter. Actually my fathers' brother filed the petiton somewhere in 96 but it was not approved due to some missing documents..but later after providing all necessary docs, we received a letter mentioning our PD. this date is confirmed but what im not sure about is the date the petition got approved in USCIS. I guess I might not be able to find out about the CSPA age then.

Regarding contacting NVC, I was thinking about emailing NVC well before time (before they call me and my parents for interview) and request to consider me for CSPA. Would that be a good idea? Should I do that?

Since you already filed your DS-230, there is nothing else for you to do. The NVC and your local US embassy/consulate will make the determination whether CSPA applies or not. There is no harm in writing to them. However, I suggest you have specific calculations as to why CSPA applies rather then generalities that say nothing about your specific case. From the information you provide, there is no way for me to calculate your CSPA age. You would need to give more information in your letter.

Timeline
Hello people,

Good luck.

Thanks again.

Since you already filed your DS-230, there is nothing else for you to do. The NVC and your local US embassy/consulate will make the determination whether CSPA applies or not. There is no harm in writing to them. However, I suggest you have specific calculations as to why CSPA applies rather then generalities that say nothing about your specific case. From the information you provide, there is no way for me to calculate your CSPA age. You would need to give more information in your letter.

Thanks very much for helping me out Aaron! Ill take your advice and do the tasks accordingly. Im sure the embassy might be working on the cspa, but they havnt mentioned it in any of their communication...well i hope they do *keeping my fingers crossed!*

As soon as I get to know about my USCIS application moving to nvc date, ill post a message on this website and I trust you would be there to help me out.

Thanks again!

Timeline
Hello people,

Good luck.

Thanks again.

Thanks very much for helping me out Aaron! Ill take your advice and do the tasks accordingly. Im sure the embassy might be working on the cspa, but they havnt mentioned it in any of their communication...well i hope they do *keeping my fingers crossed!*

As soon as I get to know about my USCIS application moving to nvc date, ill post a message on this website and I trust you would be there to help me out.

Thanks again!

sorry to bother u again Aaron, but I would really like to ask something: can you please elaborate on how to find out the petition date for my parent when it got approved by USCIS and forwarded to the NVC? would this be the date before my PD or after? for e.g. my PD in jan 15 98, and date it got current is jan, 01 2009. where would the requested date for CSPA age calculation lie?

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

I need some help here.. My Uncle Filed Petition for my mother in 1995 i was 15 then. which is f4 category. Now i am 29 .They called for interview in 22 July this year. I went with my mother to the embassy. At that time they told me i am eligible for the visa, and gave us a new interview date at 5th october. And told me to get all the required document, including the DS230 . But when we went to the interview at 5th oct they told me there was some mistake and i am not eligible for the visa. They took interview of my mother. Asked her to provide additional sponsor.

I came to know about CSPA after that. I donno if i am eligible for it. Can any one give me a guidance how to proceed for it?

I tried to contact the embassy over mail but there automatic answer showed that after interview they wont answer .

How can i apply after the interview of my mother. and where should i do it.

A step by step guide will be very helpful.

Filed: Timeline

I need some help here.. My Uncle Filed Petition for my mother in 1995, i was 15 then. which is f4 category. Now i am 29 .They called for interview in 22 July 2009 this year. I went with my mother to the embassy. At that time they told me i am eligible for the visa, and gave us a new interview date at 5th october. And told me to get all the required document, including the DS230 . But when we went to the interview at 5th oct they told me there was some mistake and i am not eligible for the visa. They took interview of my mother. Asked her to provide additional sponsor.

I came to know about CSPA after that. I dont know if i am eligible for it (petition approval letter is missing) . Can any one give me a guidance how to proceed for it?

I tried to contact the embassy over mail but there automatic answer showed that after interview they wont answer .

How can i apply after the interview of my mother. and where should i do it.

A step by step guide will be very helpful.

• 3 years later...

Can any tell me after reading the information i am providing below that if i an still eligible for CSPA.

Application filled by my aunt in US for my mother under F4 category .

Our priority date is April 30, 2001.

my DOB is oct 28 1988.

our DS 230 was completed on April 08 2011. with the email mentioned below.

(

The NVC has received the information you submitted and placed it in your case file. You will be

contacted when your petition is sent to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for further processing.

[MBJ 04/08/2011]

)

if any further info is needed do contact me.

it would be really appreciated

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.