MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Here is my two cents... I believe if you are a US citizen, they cannot deny you entry to the US Embassy in Islamabad. They can , however, tell you to go sit down and not be present during the interview. That was my experience anyway.

They let me be present at the interview and it went smoothly.

Congrats to you Kris and Waheed.

Great news Sibtain things seem to be looking up for you!

Please pray for us everyone as we are still waiting. They told us we were approved at DOS! Please pray he can come home with me when I leave in June.

Good luck to all of us waiting and those of us about to have interviews!

~Mahitab~

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my two cents... I believe if you are a US citizen, they cannot deny you entry to the US Embassy in Islamabad. They can , however, tell you to go sit down and not be present during the interview. That was my experience anyway.

They let me be present at the interview and it went smoothly.

Congrats to you Kris and Waheed.

Great news Sibtain things seem to be looking up for you!

Please pray for us everyone as we are still waiting. They told us we were approved at DOS! Please pray he can come home with me when I leave in June.

~Mahitab~

Hi Mahitab!

Your time is just coming.Dont worry everything is ok. :star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

~Mahitab~

Hi Mahitab

Did they say they were issuing his visa now or is he in AP?

I hope he gets his visa quickly so he can go home with you. :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

~Mahitab~

Hi Mahitab

peace

~kris

I m so happy 4 you kris, finally ISL Called you guys !

good lucks 2 rest of the crew

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Does anyone know what's the age requirements for administrative process? I heard all males between certain age group are required to go through the process. Not younger or older than that group.

I want to apply for my in laws and if father in law falls under that group, I would rather file seperate case for mother in law and father in law instead of filing them in a same envelope and requresting both cases to be processed together.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Does anyone know what's the age requirements for administrative process? I heard all males between certain age group are required to go through the process. Not younger or older than that group.

I want to apply for my in laws and if father in law falls under that group, I would rather file seperate case for mother in law and father in law instead of filing them in a same envelope and requresting both cases to be processed together.

anybody above 16,specially muslims

9 FAM 406 AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR NAME CHECKS

Unless otherwise specified in the "Special Clearance and Issuance

Procedures" for the country in question, name checks, when required, must

be conducted only on applicants between the ages of 16 and 80.

Now u can understand that age requirements.

Sibtain

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats to all that have gotten their visas in the last two weeks. I traveled over to Karachi on April 10 to have an informal ceremony for her family and to spend some time with them. the day i landed i got to attend her cousins wedding. her cousin married a famous pakistani singer, Shehzad Roy. To say it was crazy is an understatement. i think the guest list was somewhere around 1500 people but it got leaked to the press so it turned into a fiasco. my fiancee assured me that our ceremony wouldnt be as crazy. everything went so nice over in karachi and we flew back to JFK this past saturday. no problems at all with immigration. she was worried because the immigration officer looked mean but after looking over paperworker, he stamped her passport and said Shukriya to her and that brought a smile to her face. i commented that he knew Urdu and he said that was the only word he knew. all in all we had a very pleasant experience. thanks to all on this site for help that has been given.

~Mahitab~

Hi Mahitab

peace

~kris

Timeline
Congrats to all that have gotten their visas in the last two weeks. I traveled over to Karachi on April 10 to have an informal ceremony for her family and to spend some time with them. the day i landed i got to attend her cousins wedding. her cousin married a famous pakistani singer, Shehzad Roy. To say it was crazy is an understatement. i think the guest list was somewhere around 1500 people but it got leaked to the press so it turned into a fiasco. my fiancee assured me that our ceremony wouldnt be as crazy. everything went so nice over in karachi and we flew back to JFK this past saturday. no problems at all with immigration. she was worried because the immigration officer looked mean but after looking over paperworker, he stamped her passport and said Shukriya to her and that brought a smile to her face. i commented that he knew Urdu and he said that was the only word he knew. all in all we had a very pleasant experience. thanks to all on this site for help that has been given.

~Mahitab~

Hi Mahitab

peace

~kris

welcome back home!

how long did it take her @ POE? was she asked any unusual Qs?

advise!

thnx in advance

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Timeline

Sibtain

however this does not mean that under 16 or over 80 will not be scurintized.. it's soley upto CO to determine that!

also AP is not only name check, it includes various processings therefore applicant might b under 16 or over 80 and require further processings (other than name check!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

~Mahitab~

Hi Mahitab

peace

~kris

welcome back home!

advise!

thnx in advance

she wasnt asked any unusual questions...i went with her through the foreign passport line. the guy did my passport first...took about 2 minutes. he then asked what i do for a living. then he went through all of her paperwork (took about 5 minutes), then stamped her passport, put it all in a folder and sent her to a different desk. we spent no more than 10 minutes with the immigration officer and he didnt ask her any questions. she went to the other desk which took about 5-10 minutes and they put her temporary work card (at least i think that is wheare they were doing) in the passport and did more paperwork. they then told her that she needed to go to a special customs line to have her bags checked...she went to that line and they told her to just go through. from the time we got to the immigration officer until we exited JFK was about 30-45 minutes. painless process. i would advise those that can to accompany there fiancee into the country...i think me being with her prevented any complications. hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

~Mahitab~

Hi Mahitab

peace

~kris

welcome back home!

advise!

thnx in advance

she wasnt asked any unusual questions...i went with her through the foreign passport line. the guy did my passport first...took about 2 minutes. he then asked what i do for a living. then he went through all of her paperwork (took about 5 minutes), then stamped her passport, put it all in a folder and sent her to a different desk. we spent no more than 10 minutes with the immigration officer and he didnt ask her any questions. she went to the other desk which took about 5-10 minutes and they put her temporary work card (at least i think that is wheare they were doing) in the passport and did more paperwork. they then told her that she needed to go to a special customs line to have her bags checked...she went to that line and they told her to just go through. from the time we got to the immigration officer until we exited JFK was about 30-45 minutes. painless process. i would advise those that can to accompany there fiancee into the country...i think me being with her prevented any complications. hope this helps.

i am just out of NVC.can anyone guide me how long it will take to schedule an interview and what documents will be required now.

Timeline

thnx

Sibtain

however this does not mean that under 16 or over 80 will not be scurintized.. it's soley upto CO to determine that!

also AP is not only name check, it includes various processings therefore applicant might b under 16 or over 80 and require further processings (other than name check!)

Dear sister!

If u will read it carefully then u will come to know that i did not write this info my self its its the info from Department of state.

Parying for everyone!

Sibtain

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone

Our first grandbaby was born yesterday :luv: We are soooooo happy. Welcome to the world Gabby (L)

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.