MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My wife's interview is in a couple of hours .. I just wish the next 6-7 hours would just skip by and I'd know the end result! Please pray for us

good lucks=)

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What carrier have you used from the US to send documents to your beneficiaries in Pakistan? My fiance lives in Mirpurkhas, Sindh . it is moderate size city. I am not sure if I should use Fed Ex , DHL or another option? I would appreicate any feedback. Does Amex work from US as well?

Another questions: so my case arrived in Islamabad last week. I wonder what post method does emabassy in Islamabad uses to send packet 3? Is it regular mail or Amex?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
What carrier have you used from the US to send documents to your beneficiaries in Pakistan? My fiance lives in Mirpurkhas, Sindh . it is moderate size city. I am not sure if I should use Fed Ex , DHL or another option? I would appreicate any feedback. Does Amex work from US as well?

Another questions: so my case arrived in Islamabad last week. I wonder what post method does emabassy in Islamabad uses to send packet 3? Is it regular mail or Amex?

Thanks

I used DHL... never had a problem :star:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: Timeline
My wife's interview is in a couple of hours .. I just wish the next 6-7 hours would just skip by and I'd know the end result! Please pray for us

Good luck at the interview and good luck to everyone waiting on their visas (including us). This waiting game is not very fun and it is very depressing. Even though most of you have edured long AP-I had endured a long separation of a year and a half (until now) from my spouse. So, I can understand how hurtful this feels to everyone. I hope that everyone will be reunited with their loved ones very soon! May God help us all!

Thanks

My wife always use United states postal service and we have no problem with it.When she send this then TCS deliver me at my home adress.

Amex dont work for this purpose.

US embassy will send the packet 3.5 to ur fiancee through regular mail in pakistan.They don't use any courier company.

Best of luck.

Timeline

Thanks

I used DHL... never had a problem :star:

peace

~kris

ditto, used DHL!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Sallamz, Hope everyone is doing well.

Can someone confirm the address to where the Packet 3.5 needs to be sent? The address for ISL embassy.

Thanks in advance

I think American Express should know that when you go mail the packet through them. But the address is:

Ramna 5, Diplomatic Enclave

Islamabad, Pakistan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello all!

I wanted to post this question for a long time. I want to ask this question to all CR1/IR1 filers and I will be very thankful to all who can respond to this. My wife is in pakistan and she wants to change her last name with my name. Can this thing help in getting approval at interview, I mean having her last name as my name. She asked me before, but because all of her educational documents are in her maiden name, I asked her to keep her Maiden name because I thought that it could create a mess when she gets here in the US and she has a green card with New name and all educational documents in her maiden name. I want her to change the name, but my question is that Is it really going to help us at the interview???? Thanks in advance and good luck to all!!!!!!

Edited by Rehan

Timeline
hello all!

I wanted to post this question for a long time. I want to ask this question to all CR1/IR1 filers and I will be very thankful to all who can respond to this. My wife is in pakistan and she wants to change her last name with my name. Can this thing help in getting approval at interview, I mean having her last name as my name. She asked me before, but because all of her educational documents are in her maiden name, I asked her to keep her Maiden name because I thought that it could create a mess when she gets here in the US and she has a green card with New name and all educational documents in her maiden name. I want her to change the name, but my question is that Is it really going to help us at the interview???? Thanks in advance and good luck to all!!!!!!

I do not see how this will assist you in interview? one has a choice to keep maiden name this is no crime! ... thus this should not have any impact on co's judgment. she may change her name now, afterwards or not at all....

Timeline
hello all!

I dont think it will help her during the interview.But even if she does,I wont be a mess as most of the forms/applications here has two field e.g,name &other/maiden name.In a way its better that she will have her married name on green card, SSC and thus license ,bank accounts and all that.But the choice is hers if she wants to change it.

P.S. I changed my last name to my hubby's during citizenship when the case was @USCIS and sent them a letter along with court name change petition to update my name .They upgraded the case but didnt update my name so I m still using my maiden name for my case.

Edited by atk_721

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salaam,

My wife's visa was approved today. Her interview was short but she was at the embassy for a while just waiting for her turn, and also they were apparently having issues with the fingerprinting machine. The interview was only 2 minutes. All they asked was how we met, if we were related (we are distant cousins), and really not much else. They didn't even look at pictures or anything else that my wife had taken. In fact, my wife thinks she saw a document with "approved" written on it even before her interview, so that was weird. Anyways, I just hope she will get her passport soon (they said 10 days). We have a flight scheduled, hopefully won't have to move it back. I'll post more details once I get them all.

Thanks everyone for your help and support!

Timeline
Salaam,

My wife's visa was approved today. Her interview was short but she was at the embassy for a while just waiting for her turn, and also they were apparently having issues with the fingerprinting machine. The interview was only 2 minutes. All they asked was how we met, if we were related (we are distant cousins), and really not much else. They didn't even look at pictures or anything else that my wife had taken. In fact, my wife thinks she saw a document with "approved" written on it even before her interview, so that was weird. Anyways, I just hope she will get her passport soon (they said 10 days). We have a flight scheduled, hopefully won't have to move it back. I'll post more details once I get them all.

Thanks everyone for your help and support!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Salaam,

My wife's visa was approved today.

:dance::dance::dance: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S :dance::dance::dance:

Best Wishes to you both !!

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.