MaryandMian

Calling Islamabad Embassy v 3

1,343 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The term "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING" covers just about everything they do. Since the embassy took her passport and told you that they will be returning it in 7 to 10 days means she IS getting her visa. The three week wait is because ISLAMABAD EMBASSY IS THE SLOWEST FREAKING EMBASSY ON THE PLANET. :no:

Don't worry FaisalShirin4eva ... Her visa is coming :thumbs:

Take a deep breathe and relax. I know you both must be very excited. Be paitient :P

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
The term "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING" covers just about everything they do. Since the embassy took her passport and told you that they will be returning it in 7 to 10 days means she IS getting her visa. The three week wait is because ISLAMABAD EMBASSY IS THE SLOWEST FREAKING EMBASSY ON THE PLANET. :no:

Take a deep breathe and relax. I know you both must be very excited. Be paitient :P

peace

~kris

kris is right faisal... =)

u will hear the good news in v near future...

good lucks,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks Shan & Kris but God I am so scared. What if they put her in AP? :crying:

BTW, Shan did you turn in your packet 3.5 stuff to Amex yet?

We have put everything together and we are sending it out first thing tomorrow morning. :unsure: Be sure to pray for us.

Shan.

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Timeline
I just called DOS again & this guy answered the phone & he said what I didn't wanna hear. He said your fiance is on AP. I am devastated. :blush: With the way things are b/w me and her, I dont think our relationship will last if she is indeed on AP.

WooW, I just read this. what happened? This is crazy. I thought they told you, you were approved then where did this AP come from? Did this DOS really know what he was talking about? Maybe he just wanted you off the phone or something.

I really think you should get something in writing, so write to them and try to get a reply back.

i really hope it gets done soon. i will be sure to pray for you.

Shan.

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Timeline

peace

~kris

good lucks,

Thanks.....I hope u guys r rite. This is such an emotional roller coaster ride :whistle:

I really think you should get something in writing, so write to them and try to get a reply back.

Shan.

I will write an email to Embassy next week. Lets see :blush:

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Filed: Timeline

peace

~kris

good lucks,

Thanks.....I hope u guys r rite. This is such an emotional roller coaster ride :whistle:

Shan.

Good luck to all of you! I hope everything goes well and the ones waiting on visas get them soon and those about to send off their packages have good results too. We are sendings ours out on Wednesday so need your prayers too! Thank you all!

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

peace

~kris

good lucks,

Shan.

Good luck to all of you! I hope everything goes well and the ones waiting on visas get them soon and those about to send off their packages have good results too. We are sendings ours out on Wednesday so need your prayers too! Thank you all!

Samir and mahitab !

My prayers r with u.

And Mahitab if u have any kind of the probs then discuss it with ur lawyer.

InshaAllah everythign would be ok. :thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Faisal n Shirin,

I panicked and cried and locked myself in the room when somebody at the embassy told me they are doing "administrative work" on our case, after we had been told at the interview that they've approved the visa and we'll get it in 7-10 days. I called the embassy repeatedly, they bashed me repeatedly. My husband called DOS, the lady at DOS first told us she couldn't see any updates on our visa, they were probably doing "administrative work" on it... and then said, "oh wait, the visa has been printed". So, I'm sorry, but the embassy in ISLAMABAD IS JUST SO LAME! We got the visa almost a month after the interview...

Hang in there, and if it's taking such a toll on your relationship, I suggest you don't tell your fiance about what you SUPPOSE is AP. InshAllah you'll be okay!

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Timeline

If I fill up the form DS-156 online and print it out. Would it be better to print screen of the whole form and make jpg file, email it or should I print it out, scan it and email it to her? I think print screen option will be more clear. Plus I still wonder why would Embassy ask you to fill up forms online. I assume when u click continue button to print them, they already receive the copy of that form. Sending it through the mail just buys them more time. Anyone agree?

LoveU.jpg

Timeline
Faisal n Shirin,

I panicked and cried and locked myself in the room when somebody at the embassy told me they are doing "administrative work" on our case, after we had been told at the interview that they've approved the visa and we'll get it in 7-10 days. I called the embassy repeatedly, they bashed me repeatedly. My husband called DOS, the lady at DOS first told us she couldn't see any updates on our visa, they were probably doing "administrative work" on it... and then said, "oh wait, the visa has been printed". So, I'm sorry, but the embassy in ISLAMABAD IS JUST SO LAME! We got the visa almost a month after the interview...

Hang in there, and if it's taking such a toll on your relationship, I suggest you don't tell your fiance about what you SUPPOSE is AP. InshAllah you'll be okay!

Phewww! Yes I panicked too but feeling much better now. :dance:

Plus I still wonder why would Embassy ask you to fill up forms online. I assume when u click continue button to print them, they already receive the copy of that form. Sending it through the mail just buys them more time. Anyone agree?

No, they dont get the form. You still have to send the forms to them. Wheneva u click that continue button, the barcode is generated & that barcode helps them process your application faster I think. That Barcode contains all the info you entered on the form so they just scan it now instead of entering all that information(it saves them time). Keep in mind you have to send 2 copies of DS156(with same barcode). I suggest you should let your fiance do this form.

Edited by FaisalShirin4eva

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Timeline

Silly billy question: Anyone knows Via what courier in Lahore (name and address if known) to send the package and what address to send it to? Does it go back to Islamabad embassy address? Man, my fiancee is confusing me. lolz.

LoveU.jpg

Silly billy question: Anyone knows Via what courier in Lahore (name and address if known) to send the package and what address to send it to? Does it go back to Islamabad embassy address? Man, my fiancee is confusing me. lolz.

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/pakistan/co...r_services.html

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

salam everyone,

i am doing CR-1 Visa for my husband and i am still at the nvc level and waiting for aos bill, i want to know about ds-230 packet that do i have to submit marrage certificate,my husband's bith certificate and police certificate with nvc or does he need to submit them with embassy i am so confused b/c it used to be veryy simple i remember when my mom filed for my sister she only had to submit ds-230 part 1

who schedules the interview for cr-1 now embassy or nvc???

any help

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.