anka

Best way to fly from SPb to DC?

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys (again). I have a bunch of questions about booking and finding flights from Russia to the US...

• Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way (read = cheapest) to fly from Saint-Petersburg to DC/Baltimore/NYC?
  • Any specific travel agents/agencies, web links, tricks, etc. worth using for booking the best deal?
  • Would flying on a completely separate flight from Pulkovo-2 (SPb int'l airport) to another European country and then catching an additional flight in Europe to DC be better than paying for a 1 or 2 stop package deal online?
  • Which European countries usually have the cheapest flights from/to Russia and which ones to USA?
  • Which is the best times to fly from/to said regions - times of day, months, hours, etc. ?
Any and all tips, help, advice, knowledge is very much appreciated.

Note: My fiance is getting a 1-way ticket (if that's the cheapest route) and wants to leave Russia around March 2, but dates are flexible considering the costs...

Spasibo bol'shoe!!!

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I just checked Lufthansa on March 4 - return March 30 - $771 Peterburg - Frankfurt -Dulles International 13 hours alltogether

The cheapest tickets - Tuesday -Thursday, return in 30 days or less. If for whatever reason Vasiliy needs to go back - he can add $200 and use the return ticket during next 6 months.

The technique is like that - you look into Cheaptickets.com ( I like them) - or any other travel agency - look at the tickets - and check directly on the airline website. I do it for any travel.

Last time I used Aeroflot - people got food poisining and started puking above the Atlantic. It cost me more to get rid of the amoeba even with insurance.

Good luck and happy life together

irina

http://www.airgorilla.com/

It's hard to beat cheaptickes.com, but site above is worth looking at.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I just checked Lufthansa on March 4 - return March 30 - $771 Peterburg - Frankfurt -Dulles International 13 hours alltogether

The cheapest tickets - Tuesday -Thursday, return in 30 days or less. If for whatever reason Vasiliy needs to go back - he can add $200 and use the return ticket during next 6 months.

The technique is like that - you look into Cheaptickets.com ( I like them) - or any other travel agency - look at the tickets - and check directly on the airline website. I do it for any travel.

Last time I used Aeroflot - people got food poisining and started puking above the Atlantic. It cost me more to get rid of the amoeba even with insurance.

Good luck and happy life together

irina

Thanks! I've used cheaptickets.com before (once when i flew to Russia last Christmas/New Years). I'll look at them again.

I'm sorry about your food poisoning! How awful! This wasn't the flight that had to stop down in Canada was it?

I hope you're better now... Yeah, Vasya isn't too keen about Aeroflot either...

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

aeroflot(pulkovo) through KLM(amsterdam) to DC $716 round trip (one-way is WAY more) leaving on march 2

check travelocity

Is a one-way ticket usually wayyy more or only in this circumstance?

I've heard this before but I've only purchased round trips before... Upon looking online, they seem a bit cheaper, but than maybe the additional tax makes up for the supposed "cheapness"... idk....

Thanks for your help!

As of:

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.