10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i need a civil surgeon to fill out my I-693 vaccination part. do you any recommended doctors in LA area? i read before that there are a lot of doctors forcing people to take the full medical again so they will end up paying more. i dont need another physical exam nor additional vaccines. just someone to fill out the vaccination part and sign. it would be helpful too if you could tell me how much it normally costs. thanks a lot in advance to those who will reply.

Did you look at the USCIS locator? https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Make sure you call around, the cost can very by a lot. We paid $70 to get the form filled out and a tetanus shot Claudeth needed.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
Did you look at the USCIS locator? https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Make sure you call around, the cost can very by a lot. We paid $70 to get the form filled out and a tetanus shot Claudeth needed.

yes i checked the civil surgeon locator. I was just hoping to get some feedback if ever some people have been to doctors in LA area, so I can have an idea which doctor I should go to or avoid. thanks so much for the reply though. :luv: I got complete vaccinations and medical exam last july, so hopefully it would be cheaper since all i need is a doctor to transcribe the form.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes i checked the civil surgeon locator. I was just hoping to get some feedback if ever some people have been to doctors in LA area, so I can have an idea which doctor I should go to or avoid. thanks so much for the reply though. :luv: I got complete vaccinations and medical exam last july, so hopefully it would be cheaper since all i need is a doctor to transcribe the form.

I just did the I-693 today finally.

I called the Civil Surgeon locator and the one that the automated system gave me was one that hadn't been doing Civil Surgeon work for over 3 years. There is a big problem in that after 30 calls around, they all wanted to do blood tests, examinations, TB tests, Polio shots ect. All I needed was the I-693, Section 1,2 and 5 filled out for the shot record.

I finally gave in and was going to pay the $140.00 fee that was quoted to get this done as I only had one week left and frankly after 30 calls to Civil Surgeons and dealing with the uneducated people who haven't a clue about the requirements, I found this one.

Bad area of town but efficient and knowledgeable.

Dr. Vincent Sghiatti

6316 Holmes Ave.

Los Angeles, CA 90001-1824

I went in with the rules printed out for what was required for the I-693 and the shot requirement as they wanted a Polio shot administered and that is not required by USCIS.

It took 15 minutes to complete and the cost was ZERO...NADA...nothing.

I went to my Doctor yesterday to get the second Varicella shot and also got Hep A and B just to be safe as I only had to pay the co-pay for these shots. Was only a $25.00 co-pay.

Amazing...... :thumbs:

If you don't mind driving to Orange county we found a guy that did the supplemental and also a tetanus shot and charged us $70. Of course you will have to remind them that the beneficiary has had a physical less than a year previous so another one isn't necessary.

<LI>Dr. Sunita Lohiya, Royal Medical Group

1120 West Warner Avenue, Suite A, Santa Ana, CA 92707

(714) 444-4448

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just an FYI. I called and now Dr. Vincent Sghiatti is asking for $145. Still looking around.

In Orange County:

You can try Dr. Hitesh Patel

1311 S. Anaheim, Ca. 92805

714 6356400

He's very nice. He charged me $70 and my son $60. ( I only received my tetanus shot because before I left my country, I got my last chicken pox shot there)

This was a good price for me since I have been reading here that majority of the civil surgeons charge $100 up.

Good luck!

Timeline
Just an FYI. I called and now Dr. Vincent Sghiatti is asking for $145. Still looking around.

In Orange County:

You can try Dr. Hitesh Patel

1311 S. Anaheim, Ca. 92805

714 6356400

He's very nice. He charged me $70 and my son $60. ( I only received my tetanus shot because before I left my country, I got my last chicken pox shot there)

This was a good price for me since I have been reading here that majority of the civil surgeons charge $100 up.

Good luck!

Just go for Dr. LE Arnold in Austin, Texas... $30 only and no questions, no additional tests, just your needed vaccine ... and he will send u the result fast!!!

12-31-08.....Sent K-1 Fiancée Visa Application to California Service Center (CSC)

01-02-09.....NOA1 hardcopy date

01-07-09.....Received NOA1 hardcopy from CSC

01-07-09.....Received NOA1 confirmation on website.

03-09-09.....NOA2 hardcopy date

03-12-09.....Received NOA2 hardcopy from CSC

03-18-09.....Finished NVC and mailed to US Embassy in Manila... (got MNL case number)

03-28-09.....Medical - St. Lukes

06-01-09.....Immunization and completion of Medical At St. Lukes

06-10-09.....Consular Interview- Manila US Embassy ... VISA Approved

06-18-09.....VISA delivered

06-25-09.....Arrived in US POE-LAX

07-03-09.....Wedding Day in Boise, Idaho :)

AOS

8-28-2009- Mailed AOS Packet

9-01-09 - NOA 1

9-02-09- Biometrics Appointment Letter

9-19-09- Biometrics at USCIS

10-01-09 Letter of Appointment for AOS arrived in mail

10-02-09- Card ordered EAD

10-06-09 Another Card Ordered Notice

10-08-09 EAD Approved ( card ordered came first before approval ???? Strange)

10-13-09 EAD CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

11-16-09 Interview for GREEN CARD in USCIS

11-16-09 Permanent Resident Status Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Did their office move? He isn't listed in that directory anymore.

* Dr. Hitesh Patel

1430 West First Street, Santa Ana, CA 92703

(714) 955-0038

# Dr. Hitesh C Patel

127 North McKinley Street, Suite 101, Corona, CA 92879

(951) 278-2600

Those are the two choices.

Filed: Other Timeline

I just did the I-693 today finally.

I called the Civil Surgeon locator and the one that the automated system gave me was one that hadn't been doing Civil Surgeon work for over 3 years. There is a big problem in that after 30 calls around, they all wanted to do blood tests, examinations, TB tests, Polio shots ect. All I needed was the I-693, Section 1,2 and 5 filled out for the shot record.

I finally gave in and was going to pay the $140.00 fee that was quoted to get this done as I only had one week left and frankly after 30 calls to Civil Surgeons and dealing with the uneducated people who haven't a clue about the requirements, I found this one.

Bad area of town but efficient and knowledgeable.

Dr. Vincent Sghiatti

6316 Holmes Ave.

Los Angeles, CA 90001-1824

I went in with the rules printed out for what was required for the I-693 and the shot requirement as they wanted a Polio shot administered and that is not required by USCIS.

It took 15 minutes to complete and the cost was ZERO...NADA...nothing.

I went to my Doctor yesterday to get the second Varicella shot and also got Hep A and B just to be safe as I only had to pay the co-pay for these shots. Was only a $25.00 co-pay.

Amazing...... :thumbs:

You mention "rules printed out for what was required." Do you mind posting the link to the rules? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.