r0yalflush

Consular Report of Birth Abroad question help!!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

im in the process of bringing my fiance over here. I've filed the I-129 form 5 months ago, so her interview might come soon. She just gave birth to our baby, and i need to fill out the CRBA form and get DNA test result. Then send her all those paper work, so she could bring them to the US embassy in Vietnam. I went on their website and they said they only accept appointment for the CRBA. My question is, can she bring all those paper work to her K1 interview if that comes first? Or she needs to make a seperate appointment for the CRBA? please help thank you very much

Timeline

sorry let me rephrase what i said above

im in the process of bringing my fiance over here. I've filed the I-129 form 5 months ago, so her interview might come soon. She just gave birth to our baby, and i need to fill out the CRBA form and get DNA test result. Then send her all those paper work, so she could bring them to the US embassy in Vietnam. I went on their website and they said they only accept appointment for the CRBA. My question is, can she bring all those paper work to her K1 interview if it comes before the CRBA appointment?t? Or she has to go to her CRBA appointment seperately even if it comes after her k1 interview?

Filed: Timeline
Royalflush. There is a regional forum that has many going through the Vietnam consulate so maybe they can help there more.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=90

You can PM an organizer and ask them to move this over to the Asia: East and Pacific (Except China) forum. You will get more Vietnam specific answers. Or you can try to call the Consulate. The number is listed on the website. I simply don't know the answer.

Edited by IgnatiusJ.Reilly
drnut.jpg13960628.JPGGreyhoundScenicruiser4.jpg

Timeline

the question havent answered, someone please help me

im in the process of bringing my fiance over here. I've filed the I-129 form 5 months ago, so her interview might come soon. She just gave birth to our baby, and i need to fill out the CRBA form and get DNA test result. Then send her all those paper work, so she could bring them to the US embassy in Vietnam. I went on their website and they said they only accept appointment for the CRBA. My question is, can she bring all those paper work to her K1 interview if it comes before the CRBA appointment?t? Or she has to go to her CRBA appointment seperately even if it comes after her k1 interview?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Have you even tried to contact the Consulate, as was previously suggested? They are the ones with the answer. I'd like to know what they say.

Edited by Joe Six-Pack

Have you even tried to contact the Consulate, as was previously suggested? They are the ones with the answer. I'd like to know what they say.

Hi.

Your fiance should go to US embassy and take appointment with them, they have all forms , or she can call and ask them appointment day. that so easy. If she go interview before that, i think they will give her blue slip for waiting your baby 's us passport and birth certific done. Make appointment with them soon when your fiance got pregnant about 7-8 months same as me beofore. Make appoinment take about 2-3 months.dont worry, your case will pass and get pink slip soon. good luck.

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Timeline

Hi

Your fiance should go to US embassy and take appointment with them, they have all forms , or she can call and ask them appointment day. that so easy. If she go interview before that, i think they will give her blue slip for waiting your baby 's us passport and birth certific done. Make appointment with them soon when your fiance got pregnant about 7-8 months same as me beofore. Make appoinment take about 2-3 months.dont worry, your case will pass and get pink slip soon. good luck.

you said my fiance in Vietnam can call the Us Embassy to make an appointment. She already called them to ask questions, and tried to make an appointment, but they told her the only way to make an appointment and whatever she wants to know is by going on their website. I went up there and made an appointment already. The earliest date will be in the beginning of June, that's a little over 4 months. What should i do? if she goes to the us embassy and make the appointment, will it be earlier than that please help?

Edited by r0yalflush

May be now they changed that make appointment on their website, sorry, im not sure. Before it is hard for make appointment with them, i called 3 times and left messeges for them, and i wrote email to them same as time,and after that they called back and wrote to me 2 appointment days was different. I think u should take your appointment which they gave to u, because they are busy. If u want, try to call or write to them see how. Good luck.

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Timeline

May be now they changed that make appointment on their website, sorry, im not sure. Before it is hard for make appointment with them, i called 3 times and left messeges for them, and i wrote email to them same as time,and after that they called back and wrote to me 2 appointment days was different. I think u should take your appointment which they gave to u, because they are busy. If u want, try to call or write to them see how. Good luck.

i think i will take the appointment date that i already booked. Which is about 4 months away, that's around the time my fiance will get her interview, it has been 5 months since we got the NOA1, soon we'll get the NOA2, hopefully everything is good. Thank you very much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.