Djwalker60

Ukraine Consulate Interview Process

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello;

New to this situation and i am wondering where there are good sources for information pertaining to the Visa Interview Process at the US Embassy / Consulate in Kiev Ukraine. I realize that there are forms and more forms. I also know that once we the NVC has processed the I-129F I have read that I should send a complete copy of the I-129F packet to my Fiancee'. True? Also I-134 Affidavit of support should be sent with all required information for the interview, photos, etc.. But what about this mysterious information packet with 156, 156K, DS-230? and this payment to a local bank ?

Bit confused :blink: on the Embassy side, I-129F not any problems. Any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Seattle, Washington..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello;

New to this situation and i am wondering where there are good sources for information pertaining to the Visa Interview Process at the US Embassy / Consulate in Kiev Ukraine. I realize that there are forms and more forms. I also know that once we the NVC has processed the I-129F I have read that I should send a complete copy of the I-129F packet to my Fiancee'. True? Also I-134 Affidavit of support should be sent with all required information for the interview, photos, etc.. But what about this mysterious information packet with 156, 156K, DS-230? and this payment to a local bank ?

Bit confused :blink: on the Embassy side, I-129F not any problems. Any help or guidance would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Seattle, Washington..

Check out these 2 links:

http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_K1K2_eng.html

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...ne&cty=Kiev

Hopefully there is some useful info there for you :thumbs:

Edited by SteveColo

Steve & Ksenia

502pfk.gif2rom8nd.gif

July 23, 2008 - Married my beautiful Ksenia

Oct 11, 2008 - I-130 Sent

Oct 13, 2008 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2008 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Oct 24, 2008 - NOA1 (I-130)

Oct 25, 2008 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Oct 29, 2008 - I-129F Received at CSC

Oct 30, 2008 - NOA1 for I-129F mailed to me - received 11/22/08 because of address change

Oct 31, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 3, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 18, 2008 - I-129F Touched

Nov 20, 2008 - I-130 (for step daughter) Touched

Feb 17, 2009 - Case received by the NVC

Feb 25, 2009 - Received letter from NVC dated Feb 20th saying they had received my approved I-129F

Feb 27, 2009 - Received 2 letters from NVC dated Feb 20th - they had received both approved I-130's

Mar 6, 2009 - Medical for Ksenia & Sasha completed in Kiev. Everything is great.

Mar 9, 2009 - Called NVC and found out our K3 is in "administrative processing"

Apr 6, 2009 - OUT OF A.P. !!! File being sent to Kiev !

May 5, 2009 - K3 interview in Kiev! APPROVED !!!

July 12, 2009 - ARRIVAL IN USA !!!

Click the link to the guides here on VJ. There is a pretty good step-by-step laid out, and examples of all the forms too. Good luck and welcome! :star:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello;

Thanks

Dan

Seattle, Washington..

You can download packet 3 from the consulate website. It has all the forms you need. DO NOT wait for the consulate to mail this to your fiancee (unless you just like to wait, and want to delay the process by many weeks)

You do not need form ds-230 for the K-1 visa.

Anything you can do NOW, you should. Send the copy of the I-129f filing to your fiancee now. She probably will not need it, but why not? Download the forms now and get working on them. By the time you receive notice your case has been sent to the embassy, you can call immediately for an interview as you will be far ahead of the game and have everything complete and ready (except medical exam and she can do that the day before the interview) DO NOT wait for the NVC, the consulate or anyone else to do anything which you can do on your own. In Ukraine it is not unusual for the fiancee never to receive packet 3 and there is no reason to wait weeks after the consulate receives it for them to mail the packet, then more weeks while you put together all the documents then more weeks to wait for an interview. Get it all done now. For example, your fiancee can go for a police certifcate today, they are good for one year. She can gather all her documents (birth, marriage, divorce certificates, etc.) and get them to a translator so they are ready...now. If there are children involved, get the "permission" letter from the father and get it translated...now. Get your I-134 ready (you may want to wait until closer to the interview for some of the documents, but you can begin preparing it)

But a key to shaving 6 weeks or so off the process is to continue preparing all the documents you need. Make an extra copy of everything and begin preparing your AOS also. When she arrives you will be ready to send the AOS and need only your marriage license, copy of her I-94, etc. I even got a copy of the I-693 (vaccination supplement in advance when I went for the interview)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

What is the link for the download of the packet. Is it called Packet #3 or what am looking for exactly?

Thanks again

Dan & Alina

Hello;

Thanks

Dan

Seattle, Washington..

You can download packet 3 from the consulate website. It has all the forms you need. DO NOT wait for the consulate to mail this to your fiancee (unless you just like to wait, and want to delay the process by many weeks)

Anything you can do NOW, you should. Send the copy of the I-129f filing to your fiancee now. She probably will not need it, but why not? Download the forms now and get working on them. By the time you receive notice your case has been sent to the embassy, you can call immediately for an interview as you will be far ahead of the game and have everything complete and ready (except medical exam and she can do that the day before the interview) DO NOT wait for the NVC, the consulate or anyone else to do anything which you can do on your own. In Ukraine it is not unusual for the fiancee never to receive packet 3 and there is no reason to wait weeks after the consulate receives it for them to mail the packet, then more weeks while you put together all the documents then more weeks to wait for an interview. Get it all done now. For example, your fiancee can go for a police certifcate today, they are good for one year. She can gather all her documents (birth, marriage, divorce certificates, etc.) and get them to a translator so they are ready...now. If there are children involved, get the "permission" letter from the father and get it translated...now. Get your I-134 ready (you may want to wait until closer to the interview for some of the documents, but you can begin preparing it)

But a key to shaving 6 weeks or so off the process is to continue preparing all the documents you need. Make an extra copy of everything and begin preparing your AOS also. When she arrives you will be ready to send the AOS and need only your marriage license, copy of her I-94, etc. I even got a copy of the I-693 (vaccination supplement in advance when I went for the interview)

Timeline

About the permission letter for her child, what if she cannot find the man? He just left her and i don't know if she even knows where he is, then What?

What is the link for the download of the packet. Is it called Packet #3 or what am looking for exactly?

Thanks again

Dan & Alina

Hello;

Thanks

Dan

Seattle, Washington..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks again

Dan & Alina

If you looked it is pretty straight forward...

Download information packet here.

As for the permission letter, I believe she will need to get some sort of determination from the courts as to abandonement...

email kyiviv@state.gov and ask them

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks again

Dan & Alina

If you looked it is pretty straight forward...

Download information packet here.

As for the permission letter, I believe she will need to get some sort of determination from the courts as to abandonement...

email kyiviv@state.gov and ask them

Go to the embassy website and read the instrcutions for a K-1 visa. In the instructions, where it describes the interview process there will be a link to "download information packet here", you will also find it in the upper left corner of the webpage.

Regarding her ex-husband, if she cannot find him, she will need to get a court order that she is the sole parent. This is not so difficult but it takes time, you need to start on it now. These are the kinds of things that can delay a case for months and months if you do not do it ahead of time. NEVER wait for information to be sent to you, it is all available online. What you want to do is have all the documents ready, then when the embassy receives your petition you can call the day the enter it in the computer and get an appointment. Waiting for them to send packet 3 will add 3 weeks (minimum) and THEN you would begin to collect the documents, get translations, etc???? Add more weeks. Without paying a bribe the police certificate, typically, takes three weeks to receive. The court order could take longer, but figure 1 month minimum. Best bet? Get to an attorney Monday, file the petition to get the court order and start hunting down that guy! If you cannot find him before the court date at least you can say you made every attempt.

Do not worry about the timing of the absent parent letter. My fiance was told all kinds of BS that the letter had to be within 30 days etc. It is BS! The letter must state that the father approves of her taking the children to the USA "permanently" That means PERMANENTLY. Our absent parent letter was signed a full six months before the interview and we had no questions at all and have been told it is good for all future travel to and from Ukraine-USA. Remember this letter must specifically state that the father is aware of her plans to relocate to the UNITED STATES and that he is aware it is a PERMANENT relocation. We had our letter done by the attorney that handled my wife's divorce and it also stated that she was under no obligation to him (her ex-husband) for any financial matters, etc. I do not know if that is required, but just in case, why not? When you go to the attorney for the court date ask about drafting an absent parent letter and have it ready in case she runs the guy down so he can sign it. his signature must be notarized and you must have a copy of his passport photo and signature (either internal or foreign passport is acceptable) to go with the letter. The letter must be translated, the passport does not have to be. You do not need a letter for children over 16 years old, but we got one for her 17 year old just in case.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.