LDora

Is This Weird Evidence For AoS Interview?

5 posts in this topic

So I'm getting together some evidence for whenever we have our appointment, and I had a few questions about evidence. Aside from the usual stuff (joint bank account which we have, bills, photos, ect), I also had some different things I thought would be evidence, but wanted to make sure. Neither my husband or I ever really take photos, so I was worried about not having many apart from our wedding (see below).

-- Pet adoption papers. In September of last year, as a sort of early anniversary present, my husband and I adopted a cat from a local shelter. The papers for him have both our names on it. Should I bring these?

-- Vet bills for the cats. (New guy had a sinus infection when we got him -- fun!) Now, because I was the one who took them (my husband doesn't get off work until after the vet is closed), these are in my name. However, the receptionist at the vet thought it was cute that my anniversary was coming up, so even though I haven't had my maiden name changed yet (no SSN), she went ahead and put my married name on the account. Should I bring this anyway?

-- HUGE wedding photo album. I know they like SOME wedding photos, but should I bring ALL of them? We had a professional photographer who sent us a very beautifully bound wedding album full of all the photos he took -- some 400 printed, and around 1000 actually on a disk. Should I bring all of it, or just some showcasing us and our family and friends?

-- Hotel room keys with our names on them from our anniversary.

-- Thank-you card addressed to both of us for a wedding cake I made for free a waitress we're friendly with last year.

-- Personalised menus we got from a fancy restaurant we went to on our honeymoon (Victoria&Albert's)

-- My library card. Ha! It seems silly, I know, but it has our address on it.

-- Phone records. I don't know how much good these would do, but they show me calling back to Canada several times a week to various friends and family members. Thoughts?

Thanks guys. Any input is appreciated. :)

"Your mom is in my head right now, and she's saying don't do that."

"For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain."

There is nothing like too much or too weird evidence if you ask me.

Il say bring it on... its better to go with them than wish you did and yes they are all evidences showing what you both do together!

Goodluck friend!

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

If I was looking at evidence of a bonafide marriage, things like honeymoon hotel keys and personalized menus along with photos would convince me :)

I say take them.

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

Sweeeeeet. Thanks, guys.

Do you think we'll run into a problem since I'm not on any of the bills? I mean, he owns his own house, and he already had all the utilities well established when I came here so it never occurred to us. (I've been able to call and make changes to several services whenever we've needed it on my own after providing my husband's name and account number.) Should we maybe call a few things like the electric and the cable and have my name added to the account? Or would that look suspicious to the interviewer, only having it done recently? We do have a joint bank account, as well as shared credit cards. Will that be enough in that respect?

"Your mom is in my head right now, and she's saying don't do that."

"For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.