Key

Port of entry

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all again,

I will be going home to the phils. with a greencard together with my hubby, mother in law and my 6 months old daughter.

I just had my belly piercing last week, we forgot about custom check and things and now we want to know if its a hindrance in coming back here in US?

OUr port of entry is in JFK and do u think they will let me take it off? is anyone can share their experience? or if you know some things with regards to this matters feel free to message me i will appreciate it a lot.

Thank you so much.

Hello to all again,

I will be going home to the phils. with a greencard together with my hubby, mother in law and my 6 months old daughter.

I just had my belly piercing last week, we forgot about custom check and things and now we want to know if its a hindrance in coming back here in US?

OUr port of entry is in JFK and do u think they will let me take it off? is anyone can share their experience? or if you know some things with regards to this matters feel free to message me i will appreciate it a lot.

Thank you so much.

only if it will sound off metal detectors at the airport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If it sets off the metal detector, they will check you with a hand wand metal detector.

I have yet to see small things like ear-rings set off the metal detectors.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

If it sets off the metal detector, they will check you with a hand wand metal detector.

O.T

funny coz the last time i went back to phil, i was one of the chosen one, to use the body scanner and was held 10 minutes coz they saw a metal on my lower left chest... which there isnt no metal at all... i was pissed w/ mix of nervousness that i raised my tshirt and showed my skin (to the officers and to all the people in the airport lol) to prove im not hiding something lol... they finally let go of me but it was scary knowing im not an american (although hubby was w/ me) and i really wana go to phil that time. lol

good luck!!! if it rings the alarm then show your belly button. God bless!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline

O.T

funny coz the last time i went back to phil, i was one of the chosen one, to use the body scanner and was held 10 minutes coz they saw a metal on my lower left chest... which there isnt no metal at all... i was pissed w/ mix of nervousness that i raised my tshirt and showed my skin (to the officers and to all the people in the airport lol) to prove im not hiding something lol... they finally let go of me but it was scary knowing im not an american (although hubby was w/ me) and i really wana go to phil that time. lol

good luck!!! if it rings the alarm then show your belly button. God bless!

Hehehe..thanks for the information i think i need to ask the place where i have it nalang if how can i take this off. This info is really helpful to me^-^ coz don't have plan to show my tummy to everybody! lol

God bless to you too salamat talaga:-)

Timeline
I have several piercings and have never set off a metal detector.

You have nothing to worry about.

Thank you for your reply my husband want to do what u said since i just get it and not allowed to touch or even move it until 6-9 months.

We will just bring the papers of the company who pierce me to prove it is not good to take this off.

Have a good day

Timeline

Thank you for the 4 of you who replied to my querry. Since my piercing is new my husband need to follow what piercer said to us that not to touch or move it until 6-9 months coz its not safe and prone to infection. He just dont like to have a prob in the future so just decided not to take it off and if it will bp the metal detector that the time we will tell them that i have a belly pierce and bring the paper to let them know not good to take it off.

My concern now, if they know i have a belly pierce is this be a problem in going back or entering here in USA? I heard from a friend that i can't or hard for me to go back or enter here coz of the belly pierce;-)

I am so happy to go back to my homeplace and excited but mix emotion of this pierce thing that makes me afraid i can't be with my two love one specially to my 6 months old baby:-(

I have belly ring too and i never have any trouble in metal detector.

goodluck..

“God unites the separated ones with Himself again, and blesses them with true greatness.”

TIMELINE FOR AOS

(Adjusting status for permanent resident only)

DATE SENT 052509

Timeline
Thank you for the 4 of you who replied to my querry. Since my piercing is new my husband need to follow what piercer said to us that not to touch or move it until 6-9 months coz its not safe and prone to infection. He just dont like to have a prob in the future so just decided not to take it off and if it will bp the metal detector that the time we will tell them that i have a belly pierce and bring the paper to let them know not good to take it off.

My concern now, if they know i have a belly pierce is this be a problem in going back or entering here in USA? I heard from a friend that i can't or hard for me to go back or enter here coz of the belly pierce;-)

I am so happy to go back to my homeplace and excited but mix emotion of this pierce thing that makes me afraid i can't be with my two love one specially to my 6 months old baby:-(

I don't think so that will be a problem...have a safe trip, I will be home soon too!!!

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

i had my belly pierced which I recently took off and Im always flying international and not once its set off the metal detectors...dont stress it...and just look forward to going back home and seeing your loved ones...

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline

Thanks to Dora2x ate Kris and to MzMo1102 for your replies now i can totally be excited to go back to phil. can't wait to see all my family and friends and eat pinoy food! Can't wait..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Thanks to Dora2x ate Kris and to MzMo1102 for your replies now i can totally be excited to go back to phil. can't wait to see all my family and friends and eat pinoy food! Can't wait..

No problem...you're baby's so cute!! :)

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.