SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So! marie..u know mi a go call pon yuh now right..heheee...i think kKimora is way intelligent even her Doc thinks..and he is just observing for a bit...the teacher sent home progress report..LANGUAGE needs improvement..i was like kissmiass...if oonuh ever hear kimora speak she sounds 6yrs old..but then again i'm her momma :) an waan category od CHARACTER wat is dat?

:lol: u can call on me. its cool...you should ask her teacher what area of language she needs inprovement cuz its very broad. she might be talking about how she pronounces letters/words or diction, how her sentences are composed, how she describes things or expresses how things are correlated, etc...the list goes on and on.

har teacha need fi specify u zimmi? :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

:lol: I want to try Kindergarten but I know it will be a challenge because some children don't have a preschool background so a lot are more advanced than others

this is exactly why i put kimora in pre-school...preparation for kindergarten..she's now learning to write her name

you made the right choice. she should sail right through kindergarten. some of the K teachers have it so bad...half the class nuh kno dem letta and di other half know how fi write paragraphs

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Timeline
So! marie..u know mi a go call pon yuh now right..heheee...i think kKimora is way intelligent even her Doc thinks..and he is just observing for a bit...the teacher sent home progress report..LANGUAGE needs improvement..i was like kissmiass...if oonuh ever hear kimora speak she sounds 6yrs old..but then again i'm her momma :) an waan category od CHARACTER wat is dat?

:lol: u can call on me. its cool...you should ask her teacher what area of language she needs inprovement cuz its very broad. she might be talking about how she pronounces letters/words or diction, how her sentences are composed, how she describes things or expresses how things are correlated, etc...the list goes on and on.

har teacha need fi specify u zimmi? :thumbs:

got it ! ..yuh si cuz mi new to dis u knoa..an plus a daddy drop her in the mornings and she get picked up..so mi no really get fi chat wid the teacha

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

:lol: I want to try Kindergarten but I know it will be a challenge because some children don't have a preschool background so a lot are more advanced than others

this is exactly why i put kimora in pre-school...preparation for kindergarten..she's now learning to write her name

you made the right choice. she should sail right through kindergarten. some of the K teachers have it so bad...half the class nuh kno dem letta and di other half know how fi write paragraphs

fi true..a b/c pre-k no manadated dats why..but ppl wah have dem 3yr a daycare might as well send dem go school work out chheaper for me...

kimmy i don't wantto answer cause mi nuh quite know i call it dominica for short. roxie please tek ova

lol..mi coulda swear dem different..mi a go search

Kimmy they are the same they share the island with Haiti.

ooo. ok.mi know Hispaniola..but neva know dem call it Dominica to...got it

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

kimmy i don't wantto answer cause mi nuh quite know i call it dominica for short. roxie please tek ova

They are the same the country name is Dominica Rep, and the people are called Dominica(sap)

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

Not to be confused with Dominica.

The Dominican Republic (Spanish: República Dominicana; Spanish pronunciation: [reˈpuβlika ðominiˈkana]) is a nation on the island of Hispaniola, part of the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region. The western third of the island Hispaniola is occupied by the nation of Haiti, making Hispaniola one of two Caribbean islands that are occupied by two countries, Saint Martin being the other. Its size is 48,700 km² with an estimated population of almost 10,000,000.

The Dominican Republic is the site of the first permanent European settlement in the Americas: Santo Domingo, the country's capital. For most of its independent history, the nation experienced political turmoil and unrest, suffering through many non-representative and tyrannical governments. Since the death of military dictator Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina in 1961, the Dominican Republic has moved toward a liberal economic model, which has made it the largest economy in the region, and towards representative democracy.

Not to be confused with the Dominican Republic.

Commonwealth of Dominica

Flag Coat of arms

Motto: "Après Bondie, C'est La Ter" (Antillean Creole)

"After God is the Earth"

Anthem: Isle of Beauty, Isle of Splendour

Capital

(and largest city) Roseau

15°18′N 61°23′W / 15.3, -61.383

Official languages English

Demonym Dominican

Government Parliamentary republic

- President Nicholas Liverpool

- Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit

Independence from the United Kingdom

- Date November 3, 1978

Area

- Total 754 km2 (184th)

290 sq mi

- Water (%) 1.6

Population

- July 2008 estimate 72,514 (195st)

- 2003 census 71,727

- Density 105/km2 (95th)

272/sq mi

GDP (PPP) 2007 estimate

- Total $687 million[1]

- Per capita $9,582[1]

GDP (nominal) 2007 estimate

- Total $336 million[1]

- Per capita $4,684[1]

HDI (2007) ▲0.798 (medium) (71st)

Currency East Caribbean dollar (XCD)

Time zone (UTC–4)

Drives on the left

Internet TLD .dm

Calling code 1 767

1 Rank based on 2005 UN estimate.

The Commonwealth of Dominica, commonly known as Dominica, is an island nation in the Caribbean Sea. To the north/northwest lies Guadaloupe, to the southeast Martinique. Its size is 754 km² with an estimated population of 72,500. The capital is Roseau.

Dominica's name is locally pronounced /ˌdɒmɪˈniːkə/ DOM-i-NEE-kə, but elsewhere /dəˈmɪnɨkə/ də-MIN-i-kə is common[citation needed]. In Latin, its name means "Sunday", which was the day on which it was spotted by Christopher Columbus. Its pre-Columbian name was "Wai'tu kubuli", which means "Tall is her body".[2] The indigenous people of the island, the Caribs, have a territory similar to the Indian reserves of North America. The official language is English in consequence of its history as a British colony, territory, and state, though a French creole is spoken by many, especially people of older generations. The demonym or adjective is "Dominican" in English, same as that for the Dominican Republic, but unlike the Dominican Republic, in which the stress is on the first "i", the stress is on the second "i".

Dominica has been nicknamed the "Nature Isle of the Caribbean" for its seemingly unspoiled natural beauty. It is one of the youngest islands in the Lesser Antilles, still being formed by geothermal-volcanic activity, as evidenced by the world's second-largest boiling lake. The island features lush mountainous rainforests, home of many very rare plant, animal, and bird species. There are xeric areas in some of the western coastal regions, but heavy rainfall can be expected inland. The Sisserou parrot, the island's national bird, is featured on the national flag. Dominica's economy is heavily dependent on both tourism and agriculture.

In the next hundred years after Columbus' landing Dominica remained isolated, and even more Caribs settled there after being driven from surrounding islands as European powers entered the region. France formally ceded possession of Dominica to the United Kingdom in 1763. The United Kingdom then set up a government and made the island a colony in 1805. The emancipation of African slaves occurred throughout the British Empire in 1834, and, in 1838, Dominica became the first British Caribbean colony to have a Black-controlled legislature. In 1896, the United Kingdom reassumed governmental control of Dominica turning it into a crown colony. Half a century later, from 1958 to 1962, Dominica became a province of the short-lived West Indies Federation. In 1978 Dominica became an independent nation.

Timeline

a tru kimmy. some parents send their kids to daycare and dem did deh not learnin a ting! betta if u send dem a one place weh have a learning program..the costs usually work out the same or couple dollas more

and (to all parents) try work with your children at home...don't leave all of the responsibility on the teacher. kids learn in school but it has to be REINFORCED at home

ok i'm coming off my soapbox now :lol:

:ot2:

Jakeswife...that hotel sound exotic. Mi wan go!

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Timeline

Dominica and Dominican Rep. is two different countries. Dominica is much smaller and further Southeast in the Caribbean

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Timeline
a tru kimmy. some parents send their kids to daycare and dem did deh not learnin a ting! betta if u send dem a one place weh have a learning program..the costs usually work out the same or couple dollas more

and (to all parents) try work with your children at home...don't leave all of the responsibility on the teacher. kids learn in school but it has to be REINFORCED at home

ok i'm coming off my soapbox now :lol:

:ot2:

Jakeswife...that hotel sound exotic. Mi wan go!

yup..dis is true..more time mi figet kimora a ongly 3...and she born sept so she always gonna be the youngest among a very few others...so the kids in her class already advance pon certain levels

Kimmy Dominica sit close to what other island in the carribbean? I see it's own little island. Doesn't seems like tourtist is a big part of their trade.

Do Jamaica trade with them, they seems to have the same make up as Jamaica.

The music of Dominica plays an important role in the social and culture life of the Antillean island of Dominica. Popular music is widespread, with a number of native Dominican performers gaining national fame in imported genres like calypso, reggae, soca, zouk and rock and roll. In addition, Dominica's own popular music industry has created a form called bouyon, which combines elements from several styles and has achieved a wide fanbase in Dominica, especially the group WCK (Windward Caribbean Kulture). Native musicians in various forms, like reggae (Nasio Fontaine,Lazo), Brother Matthew Luke), soca (Derick St. Rose-De Hunter, Young Bull), zouk (Ophelia Marie), Cadence-Lypso (Exile One),(Grammacks) and calypso (The Wizzard), Levi "Super L" Loblack & Michele Henderson, have also become stars at home and abroad.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Kimmy Dominica sit close to what other island in the carribbean? I see it's own little island. Doesn't seems like tourtist is a big part of their trade.

i think Guadelupe

Do Jamaica trade with them, they seems to have the same make up as Jamaica.

The music of Dominica plays an important role in the social and culture life of the Antillean island of Dominica. Popular music is widespread, with a number of native Dominican performers gaining national fame in imported genres like calypso, reggae, soca, zouk and rock and roll. In addition, Dominica's own popular music industry has created a form called bouyon, which combines elements from several styles and has achieved a wide fanbase in Dominica, especially the group WCK (Windward Caribbean Kulture). Native musicians in various forms, like reggae (Nasio Fontaine,Lazo), Brother Matthew Luke), soca (Derick St. Rose-De Hunter, Young Bull), zouk (Ophelia Marie), Cadence-Lypso (Exile One),(Grammacks) and calypso (The Wizzard), Levi "Super L" Loblack & Michele Henderson, have also become stars at home and abroad.

this true Rox, many of the Caribbean love Reggae to..since Jamaica was it's birth place..so they always have a Jamaican style about them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.