SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey yall, how is everyone doing?

IW congrats on your approval, I should have asked you to stop by Ewaton and get me some jerk pork, and bring back some blue mountain!

Something great happen to someone else.... can't remember who so congrats on all the big milestones and the little one....

Welcome back Ms. P!

ummm jerk pork!!!

Why can't we find jerk pork or PORK here in the Jamaican restaurants? Ray loves it.

Girl, make you're own...I keep tell you how, it's real easy.

Tell ME too Lawns!! Pork is A's favorite!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

IW congrats on your approval, I should have asked you to stop by Ewaton and get me some jerk pork, and bring back some blue mountain!

Something great happen to someone else.... can't remember who so congrats on all the big milestones and the little one....

Welcome back Ms. P!

Thanks Portland - I went right though, I could've!!

How did the interview go?

It went well, I emailed them my references last week, but got to keep the search moving while I wait....

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Good Morning everyone:

Haven't had a real chance to see how everyone is; hopefully okay. Okay well I'm gonna attempt to catch up and read some pages, but I'm 233 pgs behind!!!! :rolleyes:

shanette, when u get caught up.. how is mr settling in???

He is doing okay. He loves it here! He has just been watching t.v. He's a big fan of the judge shows especially Judge Karen. We haven't really done anything exciting except go out to eat, went to the park, shopping you know the norm stuff. Honesty, he's a home-body so its been working out. We applied for his SS card so that should be coming in the mail soon. He has put in a couple of apps because he and I are anxious to start working soon.

Okay I will see yall later

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That room is for US citizen inquiries like change of address in JA for social security checks, or register to vote, etc.

Where was C - way down at the opposite end?

Good afternoon ladies. Just eavesdropping on y'all while I try to have a little lunch at my desk.

Looks like many of you are working from home or stayed home due to the weather. Hope everybody is safe and if you must go out, take extra caution.

Otherwise, hope that everyone is well today.

Pam where in the north did you leave before busting out to FL?

I was born and raised in Seattle and then moved to Fairfield County, Connecticut in my teen years. I spent 17 years in CT before heading out to sea. I worked on cruise ships for 5 years before settling down in FL.

Welcome back Ms. P!

ummm jerk pork!!!

Why can't we find jerk pork or PORK here in the Jamaican restaurants? Ray loves it.

Girl, make you're own...I keep tell you how, it's real easy.

Tell ME too Lawns!! Pork is A's favorite!

Aeon says "When you say Pork you are calling my name" :rofl:

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - President Gerald Ford

AOS Timeline (from B2)

12.31.08....Package Sent to Chicago

01.13.09....NOA1 received

03.14.09....Biometrics Appt

03.25.09....EAD Card Received

04.05.09....Interview Appt Received

05.07.09....Interview

05.07.09....APPROVED!!!

06.23.09....Conditional Green Card Received!!!!

Stepdaughter Consular Filing

01.27.10....I-130 Package sent to Chicago

02.08.10....NOA1 received

OtIZm5.png

Timeline
Good Morning everyone:

Haven't had a real chance to see how everyone is; hopefully okay. Okay well I'm gonna attempt to catch up and read some pages, but I'm 233 pgs behind!!!! :rolleyes:

shanette, when u get caught up.. how is mr settling in???

He is doing okay. He loves it here! He has just been watching t.v. He's a big fan of the judge shows especially Judge Karen. We haven't really done anything exciting except go out to eat, went to the park, shopping you know the norm stuff. Honesty, he's a home-body so its been working out. We applied for his SS card so that should be coming in the mail soon. He has put in a couple of apps because he and I are anxious to start working soon.

Okay I will see yall later

Shanette I am so happy to hear that Mr. is loving the area.

I asked Aeon if he would consider moving back there and he wasn't too enthusiastic. Maybe he would feel differently after seeing it in person. He's never seen anything on the west coast.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - President Gerald Ford

AOS Timeline (from B2)

05.07.09....Interview

05.07.09....APPROVED!!!

OtIZm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

IW, i wished you had even to eat some and tell me how it taste to I can droll.... Even the baby wanted some of the pork, we gave her, her milk she spit it out and kept reaching for the pork but it was too spicy so we gave her a piece of breadfruit so she can feel in a di mix!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Yes, he loves Seward Park. We have already been there 3x since he came. He likes the water and trees. When we left the SS office he was like "Wow that was easy". Cause you know in Jamaica, to get anything it takes an arm and a leg just to open a basic bank account let alone anything else. I was like "Yea, this is America"!

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Boy, I'm having another pity party today....I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but when I got to work, I definitely got pissy by then. I hate my job.

BUT, I come on here and all of you just make me laugh so I have to say THANK YOU!!!

Today's random thoughts:

I have to admit I can be a total SAP! I cry almost every time I hear Morgan Heritage's song 'Nothing to Smile About'.

Quick tip for getting into a freezing cold bed at night. Get out the hair dryer and with you in the bed, turn it on 'high' and lift the blankets so you can warm up the whole inside! Once you're nice and toasty, turn off hair dryer and go to sleep!

Morning all. I am tired as heck becasue I took a sleeping pill last night but still went to bed late. I am going to have quite a day today. I have a 40 yo who is dying. He drank himself into liver and kidney failure and he is bleeding all over.

I hope you all have a wonderful and productive day.

And then there are angels like Claire who have some really bad work situations and still remain positive. I still hate my job even though people don't die on me. What an a$$hole I am eh?

Morning Ladies;

Took me 1 hour to get the ice off my van (started at 4:45am), went to the gym for an hour (only one there until 7am)...and boy am I loving my minivan right about now, went to pick up some of my co-workers, who could not get out of their neighborhoods and didn't get stuck once, I slid a few times, but I/we had it under control.

Couldn't do it, no way, no HOW!

now there are NO non-stop flights from Cail???? :crying:

Guess not....I've learned to enjoy American Airlines and the stop in Miami....I always go to this one caribbean restaurant in the terminal and have conch fritters and pina coladas and get my trip started properly.

Sunny, Marcel came outside to help me clean off the van and he was like, "A WAH DIS"....mi seh ICE baby... he said, ow dem expect people fi walk pon dis..then he's like, bway mi miss the SUNSHINE, I was like, don't even brother with that and handed him the ice scraper. I let the car warm up with the heat on blast then I remove the ice with ease.

:lol::lol::lol:

Morning all. I am tired as heck becasue I took a sleeping pill last night but still went to bed late. I am going to have quite a day today. I have a 40 yo who is dying. He drank himself into liver and kidney failure and he is bleeding all over.

I hope you all have a wonderful and productive day.

Oh, Claire, I am sorry to hear that - My uncle did that - he had an esphogeal bleed - ended up 17 weeks in ICU and 7 surgeries =- but he pulled through and survived another year - it was like a gift, because we had a year of having my uncle back, and he got the time with his grandkids sober -

Good to hear about your uncle, but this guy is on his last. I am giving hime some blood products now and he is bleeding so much I am almost afraid to go in the room. I feel so bad for hi mother though. All I can do is give her a hug.

How hard that must be for the mom....no one wants to see their child go before them. And it must be hard on you too. You are amazing Claire! :luv:

I am here kissingteeth all over the dyam house, i was doing my taxes online turbotax to get an idea of what my refund would be, and if i should go to a tax preparer, well seems working that extra job really F_ed me up!!!! hell i have claimed every deduction to man and itemized the hell out the return and still feel like its a load of #######.. i swear being "supposedly" middle class...SUCKS AZZ.. cause i still feel like a broke heffa on most days... :angry:

Ok im done ranting....

i think im gonna go make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and eat all of them so i feel better... DIET BE DAMNED TODAY!!!

Girl! RANT AWAY! I FEEL YOU! Boy, do I feel you!

When i was a kid i never understand when my mom who is now a retired school teacher would go on one of her tangents around tax season... but now i do.. hell it seems as if your damned if you try to get ahead and screwed if you dont....( WHOO SAH) someone remind next year not to get up F-ing with taxes before 10 in the morning. SHOOT i may have to go take me some ST Johns wort so i can calm down.

SHOOT and then the cost of natural gas, WTH!!!! my heat bill is higher than my car note, but yet and still we have temps in the negatives... ( again i say, damned if you do and damned if you dont)

WHOO SAH WHOO SAH WHOO SAH......( rubbing temples)

I can relate to every one of your rants!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jahlove, we want new Sanaa pics!!!

ok hold on one seccc brb

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

Part II:

> A boy and his father from rural Jamaica were visting

> America for the first time.

>

> The first time they went to a mall, they were amazed by

> almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny,

> silver walls that could move apart and then slide back

> together again.

>

> The boy asked, 'Ah whaddat, daddy?'

>

> The father (having never seen an elevator) responded,

> 'Son, mi nevah see nuting so inna my life! Mi nuh know

> what it is!'

>

> While the boy and his father were watching with amazement,

> a fat old lady in a wheelchair rolled up to the moving walls

> and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled

> between them into a small room. The walls closed and the boy

> and his father watched the small circular numbers above the

> walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until

> it reached the last number and then the numbers began to

> light in the reverse order. Finally the walls opened up

> again and a gorgeous, sexy 19-year-old woman stepped out.

>

> The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, says

> quietly to his son, 'Bwoy... Go get yuh Madda!'

:rofl::rofl: Thanks, Claire! Needed that today!

Eleven people were hanging on a rope, under a helicopter. 10 men and 1 woman. The rope was not strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one had to leave, because otherwise they were all going to fall. They weren't able to choose that person, until the woman gave a very touching speech. She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope, because, as a woman, she was used to giving up everything for her husband and kids or for men in general, and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return. As soon as she finished her speech, all the men started clapping .

:rofl: And this too! :thumbs:

Island sometimes i wonder how the heck i will have the energy to go back to school but being in the social work field, i have no other options if i want to get ahead, though i have looked at even going back altogether to do something in a different field, like maybe in the medical field, like x ray tech or something like that.

I think I want to change fields to, but then I decide that what I really want is to just NOT WORK anymore....(sigh...)

My sentiments EXACTLY!!

Honey, the price may be high in April, because of Spring break...I would never travel again during spring break to Jamaica unless I had to. I thought they were going to have to lock me up on the flight.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

my light bill is $454 :blink: im afraid hmmm that is outlandish out of control out of order im in bed now with a hoodie on and sweat pants and socks i said chris put on a hoodie and long johns he said he dont wear nuttin call long JOHN and no HOODie, change that to scoop over hahaha

:rofl: Jamaican men! Hmph! :lol:

I just bought a bag and I feel GOOD!

Does this ever happen to u? Do u buy something and u feel happy :dance:

:yes: Yes, my friend! It's a common phenomenon known as 'RETAIL THERAPY'! :yes:

ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?

WITNESS: Oral.

OMG! These were all funny but for some reason, that one cracked me up the most!

Thanks for the laughs everyone! Much needed today!

Does anyone else get super stressed at work before you go on vacation???

Timeline
Yes, he loves Seward Park. We have already been there 3x since he came. He likes the water and trees. When we left the SS office he was like "Wow that was easy". Cause you know in Jamaica, to get anything it takes an arm and a leg just to open a basic bank account let alone anything else. I was like "Yea, this is America"!

That is great! There may be hope for me yet. The Pacific Northwest does have a ton of rain but the beauty seems to far outweigh the drizzle. As long as you can get out of town once in a while.

AOS Timeline (from B2)

05.07.09....Interview

05.07.09....APPROVED!!!

OtIZm5.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quick tip for getting into a freezing cold bed at night. Get out the hair dryer and with you in the bed, turn it on 'high' and lift the blankets so you can warm up the whole inside! Once you're nice and toasty, turn off hair dryer and go to sleep!

Good idea! I have been freezing since I got back and was going to go break down today and buy an electric blanket. I hate getting into a cold bed.

Does anyone else get super stressed at work before you go on vacation???

Yes!! At work and at home.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline

Ells I do, because things start popping up right before I go on vacation and that's when I say, "I'LL TAKE CARE OF THAT WHEN I GET BACK"

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
LOL, Shaunsgal -

The stuff that comes out in court is so funny. I worked on an arson trial - We were defending the insurance co for not paying the claim - we had pictures of kerosene soaked rags stuffed in the rafters in the basement, with a chair under them - The plaintiff's expert got up and his explanation was that no person could have stuffed rags in the rafters - they would have had to stand on something to reach - The attorney I worked for just stood their with his mouth open, then asked - Like a chair? And I put the picture up on the video screen - We won that one

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can someone help me? What is the average size a 4 year-old wear in clothes and shoes? My brothers in law are taking care of a little girl and have no idea what they are doing. The mother is away for an extended time....no other females in the family. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.