#@!!*

Is this enough evidence

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello

We are getting ready to file our I751 and after seeing everything that everybody else is sending in I am concerned that we do not have enough. What do you think

Greencard, app, cheques

Fed and state taxes for 2006 / 2007

Current med ins cards

Expl of Benefits on submitted claims for spouse from ins company from 2006 - 2008 showing me as responsible party

Recent dental statement showing procedures for both spouse and self

Bill from hospital for spouse showing self as responsible party

Letter from employer verifying spouse as beneficiary for life insurance

Letter from additional insurance company verifying spouse as beneficiary

Various joint accounts statements from two banks, one from 2006 - 2008, the other from mid 2007 - 2009

Various electricity bills from Jan 2007 - Dec 2008

Various phone bills from Jan 2007 - Dec 2008

Various travel itineraries from 2007 - 2008

Three letters from landlord (one with envelope)

Renewal notice for joint Costco card

Copies of two christmas cards designated to both spouse and self (do not have envelopes)

We do not have joint credit cards, nor does my spouse drive so we do not have drivers insurance for him and the car is in my name. We do not have any children.

It sounded good until I saw all the evidence everybody else was sending in... :crying:

Judge Judy rules!

Hello

We are getting ready to file our I751 and after seeing everything that everybody else is sending in I am concerned that we do not have enough. What do you think

Greencard, app, cheques

Current med ins cards

Expl of Benefits on submitted claims for spouse from ins company from 2006 - 2008 showing me as responsible party

Various joint accounts statements from two banks, one from 2006 - 2008, the other from mid 2007 - 2009

Copies of two christmas cards designated to both spouse and self (do not have envelopes)

We do not have joint credit cards, nor does my spouse drive so we do not have drivers insurance for him and the car is in my name. We do not have any children.

It sounded good until I saw all the evidence everybody else was sending in... :crying:

Sounds good, but have about a house/apt rental agreenment? you need to show prove of residency (place where you live). Other than that, I would say that, get the letter or agreenment and you'll be fine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hello

Greencard, app, cheques

Current med ins cards

it look OK to me but I'm agree with ANDRES_MARINEL u have to add place where u live . house or apartment agreement it's important.

good luck

February 01, 2010 Filed N-400 Citizenship.

February 08, 2010 Check Cashed.

February 10, 2010 NOA.

February 17, 2010 RFE Email.

February 22, 2010 Biometric Letter Received.

March 03, 2010 Biometric done.

March 13, 2010 Yellow Letter Received.

March 23, 2010 Email ( case transferred to local office for interview.

March 25, 2010 Interview Letter Arrived.

April 29, 2010 Interview (Rescheduled)

May 24, 2010 Interview (Passed)

June 17, 2010 Oath Letter Received

July 14, 2010 Oath Date ...........

July 14, 2010 DONE

We submitted affidavits from several friends and family members. I believe they help.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Also don't forget to include copies of ID/DL cards,as they show same address.Good luck

I-751

01/27/09 Sent to CSC

01/29/09 Delivered to CSC

02/02/09 Check Cashed

02/04/09 NOA received, dated 01/29/09

02/13/09 Biometrics Appt letter Received

02/24/09 Biometrics done

04/08/09 Approval notice in mail (Dated 04/03/09)

05/21/09 Called USCIS "Where is my GC?"

06/01/09 Received 10 yr GC

N-400

03/03/10 Sent to Phoenix, AZ

03/05/10 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/15/10 Check cashed

03/17/10 NOA received, dated 03/13/10

03/18/10 Online status indicates RFE was mailed

03/22/10 Biometrics Appt letter Received

04/12/10 Biometrics done

05/01/10 Email Notification from USCIS " Case transfered to a local office for a standard interview"

05/05/10 Interview letter received

06/17/10 Interview

06/28/10 Oath Ceremony. I am a U.S Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your evidence does look good. You could add affidavits if you wish. As well, even if your spouse doesn't drive, you should look into getting a State identification card for her that would also list the same address.

I am assuming the letters from your landlord are in relationship to your joint tenancy in your apartment? You may want to highlight the line item on a bank statement showing the cashed rent cheque from your joint account - just additional evidence. You really should be fine though- you've got lots of material.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Thank you all for your responses.

Unfortunately, we do not have a rental agreement in both of our names, as I was renting the unit prior to our establishing a permanent relationship. Most of our items have our mailing address (banking, medical bills, insurance, taxes, drivers licenses) which is my parents home as there were a lot of issues involving banking statements and bills not being delivered and had some scares regarding immigration paperwork (ie greencard), not being delivered until complaints were made to the post office. All that combined made us switch most things to our mailing address. Pretty much only the letters from the landlord and our electricity and landline bills have our street address. We are going to put on the application our residence and mailing address, and listed both on the adjustment of status apps and on the initial K-1 applications.

One of the letters from the landlord is from November 2008 and includes the envelope, and our electricity bills and phone bills are as recent as December 2008, I can wait until I receive the Jan 2009 bills if necessary. Do you think that is sufficient to prove residence at this place?

Edited by #@!!*

Judge Judy rules!

Claudeth isn't on my mortgage and is only on two bills, the electric and Phone. That is why we did the affidavits. She got her 10-year card about 6 months after filing and without an interview.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would also include some photos of you two together, and if you have any with both of you with friends and family.

Good Luck!

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

Timeline

Thank you again to everybody for your advice. I have managed to compile a healthy bunch of papers that definitely show that we are together and have been. One of the letters from the landlord is addressed to the both of us and is a notification of an upcoming rent increase. I am going to use that in lieu of a rental agreement or lease as I don't have either of those, and it wouldn't include my spouse's name. Thank you for your suggestion Kathryn41 regarding the banking statements, that's a good idea. :D

Whew. Maybe I can watch Road Wars now!

Judge Judy rules!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.