happywifeymom

child citizenship

12 posts in this topic

Hello Vj'ers,

My son was born in the Philippines but he now has his US passport and Cert. of his US cITIZENSHIP. he is here with me in Georgia now. My questions are;;

1.Is he also considered a citizen of the Philippines?

2.Do i have to get him a Philippine passport too or his birth their is enough proof that he is also a Filipino? since it's his native birth place?

3.what should i do to have his dual citizenship?is it a good idea?

thank you very much in advance for any input.

Edited by happywifeymom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes is a dual citizen.

Start here: http://www.gov.ph/faqs/dualcitizenship.asp

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Vj'ers,

My son was born in the Philippines but he now has his US passport and Cert. of his US cITIZENSHIP. he is here with me in Georgia now. My questions are;;

2.Do i have to get him a Philippine passport too or his birth their is enough proof that he is also a Filipino? since it's his native birth place?

Hi there,

You should go to Philippine Consulate with your child's Birth Records and whatever else they require and get a Philippine Passport. We will go to the one in Jacksonville. Not sure where the one is in Georgia. Google baby, Google!

Also, you want to do that ASAP, while you are still a Filipino citizen.

That's what we were told by Immigration.

FOR THOSE STILL IN PI. GET YOUR CHILD'S PHILIPPINE PASSPORT IMMEDIATELY. THAT WAY YOU WONT HAVE TO PAY PENALTIES FOR YOUR US CITIZEN CHILD "OVERSTAYING"!

Yes, we paid that as well as Exit Fees and some other mess.

The officials conveniently told us about that AFTER we paid already! They also so said there is no more fee to be paid to get a Passport. I'm not sure how true that is. Probably not at all.

Immigration and emigration IS a business. Especially in PI! But u knew THAT already,lol!

Yes is a dual citizen.

Thank you Yuanddan( My hubby's name is also Dan..lol) anyway i will read this link you gave me.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello Vj'ers,

Hi there,

You should go to Philippine Consulate with your child's Birth Records and whatever else they require and get a Philippine Passport. We will go to the one in Jacksonville. Not sure where the one is in Georgia. Google baby, Google!

FOR THOSE STILL IN PI. GET YOUR CHILD'S PHILIPPINE PASSPORT IMMEDIATELY. THAT WAY YOU WONT HAVE TO PAY PENALTIES FOR YOUR US CITIZEN CHILD "OVERSTAYING"!

The officials conveniently told us about that AFTER we paid already! They also so said there is no more fee to be paid to get a Passport. I'm not sure how true that is. Probably not at all.

Immigration and emigration IS a business. Especially in PI! But u knew THAT already,lol!

I was under the impression that it was unlawful to have multiple passports. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My son is still in the RP with my wife. He has his CRBA/US passportIf we can get out of paying the "overstay" screw-job that would be great.

Do not judge a man by his mistakes,judge him by what he learns from those mistakes.

04/22/2008 I-130 sent

05/05/2008 NOA 1 recieved

05/09/2008 I-129f sent

05/31/2008 NOA1 recieved

06/21/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

06/23/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

10/31/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

09/27/2008 TOUCHED(CR-1)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(K-3)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(CR-1)

02/18-19 Medical(PASSED!!)

02/25/2009 K-3 Interview(PASSED!!)

05/27/2009 Enter U.S. POE Dallas

Yes is a dual citizen.

Thank you Yuanddan( My hubby's name is also Dan..lol) anyway i will read this link you gave me.

Hello YuandDan,

I read that site you gave me and the way i understood it,,my child is a dual citizen and he can apply for a Philippine passport if he don't have one. Am i right?

Timeline
Hello Vj'ers,

Hi there,

I was under the impression that it was unlawful to have multiple passports. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My son is still in the RP with my wife. He has his CRBA/US passportIf we can get out of paying the "overstay" screw-job that would be great.

Not sure what u mean here. If you are a dual citizen, y would you not be able to have both passports?! I mean, if you cant, whats the point? lol And yes, I have seen many people at NAIA with both passports. Im sure you have too if u think really hard about it. But don't take my word as fact. Find out at USCIS Website or Google it until u find a site with official info. (.gov)!

Hello Vj'ers,

Hi there,

Was your child born in the Philippines? The way I understood it is my son is a dual citizen and can apply for a Philippine Passport.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, he was born in mindanao. If he gets a RP passport will he need to go thru CFO also?

Do not judge a man by his mistakes,judge him by what he learns from those mistakes.

04/22/2008 I-130 sent

05/05/2008 NOA 1 recieved

05/09/2008 I-129f sent

05/31/2008 NOA1 recieved

06/21/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

06/23/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

10/31/2008 TOUCHED(K-3)

09/27/2008 TOUCHED(CR-1)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(K-3)

01/04/2009 APPROVED(CR-1)

02/18-19 Medical(PASSED!!)

02/25/2009 K-3 Interview(PASSED!!)

05/27/2009 Enter U.S. POE Dallas

Timeline
Hello Vj'ers,

Hi there,

Was your child born in the Philippines? The way I understood it is my son is a dual citizen and can apply for a Philippine Passport.

YES she was born in PI and thats how I thought about it too. And yet we had to pay.

Bottom Line is, some people never pay anything. Like I said, immigration is a money maker and there are a lot of double standards and a lot of Red Tape!

I paid 2 get it over with, rather than to argue my point and have more problems than its worth.

Hope u dont have to pay! ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

im a us citizen...and i never got a filipino passport. and i grew up in the philippines, the only overstaying fee i had to pay was at the airport when i leave the philippines to go on vacation in the united states or some other country...i think i paid like 2,000 pesos...thats all...

in addition, my parents are filipino

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Yes, he was born in mindanao. If he gets a RP passport will he need to go thru CFO also?

thanks. am a lil bit confused coz i went home sa Pinas to gave birth and when i went to the immigration to get his exit permit the lady said he don't have to have a Philippine passport since he was born there he is also a Filipino citizen but I can get one if i want to..that's what she told me.my son is only 6 months old and he was born there but i was able to bring him back here in Georgia.

Just wanted to know if it is really needed to get my son a Philippine passport.And in so doing,,does it mean he has dual citizenship?

i don't know if he has to go to CFO coz i did not. all i had to get was my son's exit permit and then that's it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.