JULIAFERNO

"6 months of AP is really not unusual."

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

So I called DOS today after about a month of not calling. Still pending.

I told the operator that I spoke with that our case has been in AP for nearly 6 months, and that it is very difficult not knowing when this will end. She said, "6 months is really not unusual." Sigh.

I asked her "What is the usual time frame?" She said, "There isn't one, it's on a case by case basis. We send out the information to multiple agencies and we can't do anything until we hear back from them."

I asked, "Is there a reason that some cases take longer to process than others?" I don't remember exactly what she said, but it was something along the lines of "I don't know" or "I can't give you that information."

I asked, "Is it possible that one check may come back and expire while you are waiting for the other checks to be done...do you understand what I am saying?" She said, "Yes, I understand what you are saying and yes, that is possible."

I asked, "Is it common for AP to last more than a year? Or is that uncommon?" She said, "I don't really know what to tell you...I wouldn't say that it is common, but we don't see the cases that are cleared quickly, what we see are the ones that are taking more time."

She told me, "My best advice to you is to just keep checking with us every week or two."

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

I don't see why they can't implement a system that at least tells us which checks have been completed (or how many) and how many they are still waiting for. If we already know that "multiple agencies" are performing these name checks, is it so much harm to tell us how many are still pending and how many have been completed?

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Hang in there!

Keep calling them -- :bonk:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Julia,

I heard that for the entire 13 months and Chris, the male operator there told me the it's a bit abnormal to have it go past one year. Well I was sure we were doomed when it indeed PASSED 1 year, but still hung on. You will hear from them soon Julia, they won't say a thing except this until the very last moment when they will say AP is done. Hang in there, after 6 months, its just uphill from there, I haven't seen normal cases go past 8 months. I think it is only a matter of time before the visa is issued.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Julia,

It sure would be nice if they did divulge any information to us when we are in this dark abyss. I know it is hard to understand but you have to stay positive and keep calling them for updates. Like Tammy and Bobby stated HANG IN THERE. Each day that passes mean one day is gone and you are getting closer to your reunion.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Next week will be 7 months of AP for us--I wonder if a lawyer will help at all--any ideas? I am so beyond miserable. It has been almost 18 months waiting for this visa.

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

I checked with 6 different attorneys about filing a writ of mandamus and all of them said it would not do any good and it would be a waste of money unless you've been waiting at least 12 months.

Security checks are taking longer to complete because there are so many visa applicants, but it will happen! You guys are both at or past the six month mark and it shouldn't be too much longer now! They don't need to tell us squat about the checks because it's a "matter of national security." They have a loophole and can do whatever they want with that.

I know how you feel, and will also tell you that you have to try and stop focusing every minute of every day on it. It'll happen when the time is right and one day soon you'll have a big fat surprise!

Edited by WonTanNara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.