jande

VSC - delays.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

I know we have already talked about Vermont being at a virtual standstill in processing now. However, I did talk to the senators office yesterday regarding this matter. The Senator's office said they have had many complaints regarding Vermont recently. His main concern was- he's not seeing any improvements (nor are we). In fact, I mentioned to him visa journey and he said he was well aware of the website.

He mentioned that this happened to California last year, there was a public outcry, they shifted resources to California, and now Vermont is having the issues (typical government response).

I would encourage people to contact their congressmen and senator's and see if we can get them to highlight the delayed situation at Vermont. Of course, there is nothing they can really do to speed up your individual process unless it is outside of the processing time (which is still at March) from the USCIS website. But, it couldn't hurt.

I am sure Congressmen and Senators are equally fed up with constituents calling about the poor timescales achieved by Vermont regarding approvals of petitions. Again I don't believe it to be the staffs problem just a case of too many petitions and insufficient resources to deal with them. Until either more resources are applied to the process or the process is streamlined then you are going to have these backlogs of petitions.

One reason revolves around 9/11 and all the added security checks that have to be completed in order to approve a case. I can sympathize with that, however perhaps there needs to be a better process in place to satisfy these checks. In all fairness it is easy when on the outside to level criticism, one has to be in the know to justifiably complain about the process/processes that are in place.

The sheer volume of these petitions is what astounds me. I am amazed at the amount of immigrants wanting to come to the USA. Then again how many American citizens leave the USA to live in Europe or other places in the world. These figures would be interesting. Also a comparison with their individual immigration experiences would I'm sure be enlightening.

Well back to the long wait. We are all in similar boats waiting for acceptance of what to me is a basic human right. Which I believe is in the US constitution.... something about the pursuit of happiness being an inalienable right. Hmmm does this apply to us aliens..... which I believe to be such a derogatory expression to call what is in all regards potential US citizens. Perhaps we could be referred to as citizens from across the pond...whatever pond you may choose Ha!

Best wishes to all

Arthur and Roberta

Timeline
Immigration is a privilage and not a right.

Who said it wasnt? But for California to be processing November applications already and Vermont to be in August and not moving is the problem. That is an inefficient process currently and should be resolved.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well back to the long wait. We are all in similar boats waiting for acceptance of what to me is a basic human right. Which I believe is in the US constitution.... something about the pursuit of happiness being an inalienable right. Hmmm does this apply to us aliens..... which I believe to be such a derogatory expression to call what is in all regards potential US citizens. Perhaps we could be referred to as citizens from across the pond...whatever pond you may choose Ha!

Best wishes to all

Arthur and Roberta

Who said it wasnt? But for California to be processing November applications already and Vermont to be in August and not moving is the problem. That is an inefficient process currently and should be resolved.

Vermont is moving, abite very slowly. Not long ago CSC was the slow centre, they seem to swap and change.

Timeline

Best wishes to all

Arthur and Roberta

Vermont is moving, abite very slowly. Not long ago CSC was the slow centre, they seem to swap and change.

Yes, sometimes when one gets backed up (now is Vermont), they ship a bunch of files to the other center. The senator said they shifted too many to Vermont last time this happened to California...now they need to shift them back! Haha.

Timeline
So could we see a change with VSC?????? :) I HOPE AND PRAY WE DO!

No one knows if anything will change, but its worth contacting your senators and congressman and seeing if they can inquire into getting Vermont back on track again. They seem to be the only ones with any influence over the USCIS.

I hope and pray we see some change as well! Best wishes everyone.

So could we see a change with VSC?????? :) I HOPE AND PRAY WE DO!

I would think things are starting to pick up the slack at the VSC. I've been monitoring their processing time for the K1 Visa, and according to their website they were behind (A date was shown instead of 6 months) as of September 30, 2008. Yet, I received a NOA2 only 148 days after getting a NOA1. That's less than 5 months!

I do not know what is going on but I do know that VJ has made me feel better. I called the USCIS a few weeks ago and they told me the processing time was an additional 220 days to the 6 months. I couldn't believe it and cried on the phone to the man at the the office. According to the timelines here this is not the case. I am waiting patiently and hoping for the best. I think they are not updating the processing times for a reason. The last update was Sept. They do not know what is going on and do not want to start a wave of calls.

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12

Approval letter 1-12-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

its a government agency, they never know what is going on, especially the people at the Tier 1 level, you are only going to get partial straight answers from tier 2 where they actually have that information. do not put any stock into what they say when that first person answers that phone, a trained chimp could do their job blind folded, they are just following scripts they are given and have no actual information other than what we see when we log onto the web. just keep hoping and believe that every day someone might get off their duff and approve your papers, that is the only thing i can think of to keep me going.. is that one of these days i will be able to call my SO and tell her the papers have finally been approved.. :dance:

Timeline
its a government agency, they never know what is going on, especially the people at the Tier 1 level, you are only going to get partial straight answers from tier 2 where they actually have that information. do not put any stock into what they say when that first person answers that phone, a trained chimp could do their job blind folded, they are just following scripts they are given and have no actual information other than what we see when we log onto the web. just keep hoping and believe that every day someone might get off their duff and approve your papers, that is the only thing i can think of to keep me going.. is that one of these days i will be able to call my SO and tell her the papers have finally been approved.. :dance:

This may be a silly question, but would the presidential transistion have any impact on the processing of the applications. I noticed that there has only been one new noa2 given yesterday before Obama was officially inaugrated. I also saw where Barack put an order to suspend all new federal regulations pending his administrations further review. I assume that the immigration offices would not be affected by this and they would carry on with business as usual, but we haven't had a presidential transition in 8 years? Does anyone know if there is any impact on the agencies?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.