nickoftime

TAAS NOO, PINAY AKO!

15 posts in this topic

I was amused last night that based alone on an opinion veiled with sarcasm that I posted in one discussion thread here, someone already extrapolated about the likes of me using Americans for the purpose of getting a green card and ruining the image of Filipinas. And I am now the enemy, hahaha!

I lost track of what were posted there and well, I am anymore interested to know. It however, made me wonder -

ONE: Why is it that there are SOME USC (read: males who have American citizenship) who easily think, conclude and/or accuse that Filipinas come to the US for the mere purpose of getting a green card? What I find it perpelexing is the fact that they, themselves have either a pending petition to bring their Filipina SO or have been with their SO who came here via K1, K3 or CR1. Is it not that the presumption why they filed their petition for their SO is because they really believe in true love and that when people are in love, they need to be together? Why then this seemingly standing assumption that Filipinas come to the US for the mere purpose of getting a green card? I find it really insulting to us, FILIPINAS!!!

TWO - What really is the image of a Filipina that has been projected to the world, in general and to the USC in particular? Is it the concept of Maria Clara as portrayed in Jose Rizal's Noli Me Tangere or that of Gabriela Silang who was a historical figure in the Philippines? Or should the Filipina image be taken in the context of the present setting or trend that Filipinas comprises about 70% of the work force in the Philippines so much that it could easily be concluded that the vast majority of the Filipinos are working women?

THREE - If the Filipina decided to work and be empowered by being financially independent, does it make her less of a Filipina?

Ah, I leave it to you, peeps. For now, I've got to go and be empowered not necessarily to overpower my husband but only to be what I have always been, an intelligent Filipina who knows my priorities as a wife, a mother and a woman, wink**

In my opinion.

You need to worry more about your personal life.

Not what is written or stated or implied on a forum.

Life is real, Forums are not.

:bonk:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

noooo.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was amused last night that based alone on an opinion veiled with sarcasm that I posted in one discussion thread here, someone already extrapolated about the likes of me using Americans for the purpose of getting a green card and ruining the image of Filipinas. And I am now the enemy, hahaha!

That's how they've known it.. that's how they think of it..that's how they interpret...that's how they assumed. It's not new!

At the end of the day..what really matters is YOU. What you think,what you believe and what you aim for.

I don't need to explain to the whole world why I married an American. What's important is my husband and our marriage.

It's a public forum, expect the unexpected!

Vida Taylor

It's their own opinion. Dont be bothered with it.

This is a public forum. Anyone can say what they want to say.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

I lost track of what were posted there and well, I am anymore interested to know. It however, made me wonder -

ONE: Why is it that there are SOME USC (read: males who have American citizenship) who easily think, conclude and/or accuse that Filipinas come to the US for the mere purpose of getting a green card? What I find it perpelexing is the fact that they, themselves have either a pending petition to bring their Filipina SO or have been with their SO who came here via K1, K3 or CR1. Is it not that the presumption why they filed their petition for their SO is because they really believe in true love and that when people are in love, they need to be together? Why then this seemingly standing assumption that Filipinas come to the US for the mere purpose of getting a green card? I find it really insulting to us, FILIPINAS!!!

TWO - What really is the image of a Filipina that has been projected to the world, in general and to the USC in particular? Is it the concept of Maria Clara as portrayed in Jose Rizal's Noli Me Tangere or that of Gabriela Silang who was a historical figure in the Philippines? Or should the Filipina image be taken in the context of the present setting or trend that Filipinas comprises about 70% of the work force in the Philippines so much that it could easily be concluded that the vast majority of the Filipinos are working women?

THREE - If the Filipina decided to work and be empowered by being financially independent, does it make her less of a Filipina?

Ah, I leave it to you, peeps. For now, I've got to go and be empowered not necessarily to overpower my husband but only to be what I have always been, an intelligent Filipina who knows my priorities as a wife, a mother and a woman, wink**

Well.... if the issues you point out were not problems then why does the embassy have so many people working to discover these things?

Why does the Philippines Government have counseling sessions that are required before a Filipino can leave the country?

As far as "If the Filipina decided to work and be empowered by being financially independent, does it make her less of a Filipina?"

I would say... yes, it does. It makes her an American woman. I have no desire in any way, shape or form for an American woman...

American women have forgotten that marriage is WE and US, not ME and I....

If you want Independence.... stay in the Philippines, stay single, why marry at all??

Why not marry a Filipino man if you want to marry??

You have your independence now... why do you even want to come to the United States?

Just a few random thoughts on this entire process...

Oh, congratulations on becoming an American woman, I will morn the loss of the Filipina...

GWN

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Yes I agree for some replies here. This is a public forum we can't just tell this people to agree what we said, what we wrote as they are also entitle of their own opinion and so as you (agree or disagree). I been reading here some silly articles or questions even if the answers are obviously right under their nose but it doesn't mean that this people are dumbed. I don't care what people think. But I won't allow anybody to belittle me not even my husband especially if i'm not doing anything to hurt others.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
As for me, i don't care what other thinks about Fil-Am relationships (good or bad) as my hubby and I knows that we are deeply inlove with each other and our relationship is getting better and better everyday :):luv: plus we (hubby and I) don't care about the haters as they are not involve in our marriage, so in short "walang pakielamanan" :D Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Let it be...if they think of that so be it...nothing lost to us filipina.Maybe they only insecure cuz we filipinos/filipina wherever we go we are not left behind we always on top...we can compete to other races in every way.....cuz we our heart and mind....

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

I am crazy about my wife and she is a Filipina! Best thing that ever happened to me :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

In my opinion.

You need to worry more about your personal life.

Not what is written or stated or implied on a forum.

Agree on that, tallcoolone. I'm not worried, just perplexed. :innocent:

Well.... if the issues you point out were not problems then why does the embassy have so many people working to discover these things?

Why does the Philippines Government have counseling sessions that are required before a Filipino can leave the country?

As far as "If the Filipina decided to work and be empowered by being financially independent, does it make her less of a Filipina?"

I would say... yes, it does. It makes her an American woman. I have no desire in any way, shape or form for an American woman...

American women have forgotten that marriage is WE and US, not ME and I....

If you want Independence.... stay in the Philippines, stay single, why marry at all??

Why not marry a Filipino man if you want to marry??

You have your independence now... why do you even want to come to the United States?

Just a few random thoughts on this entire process...

Oh, congratulations on becoming an American woman, I will morn the loss of the Filipina...

GWN

Hmmm...as I have said the majority of women in the Philippines are working and they are still Filipinos, not Americans. I think the only difference is while Filipinas work, family remains their priority. And while financially independent, they still recognize and respect the ascendancy of their husband over them. Not that I am saying that American women do not have the same set of priorities. I think it is simply because how Filipinas are raised, i.e., when they marry, they are giving away a part of their identity as a SHE and let the US takes precedence over the ME.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hmmm...as I have said the majority of women in the Philippines are working and they are still Filipinos, not Americans. I think the only difference is while Filipinas work, family remains their priority. And while financially independent, they still recognize and respect the ascendancy of their husband over them. Not that I am saying that American women do not have the same set of priorities. I think it is simply because how Filipinas are raised, i.e., when they marry, they are giving away a part of their identity as a SHE and let the US takes precedence over the ME.

Hi nickoftime :). Its been awhile... :).

Somehow i do understand your dilemma. Ive been called "the island girl" a lot of times its not even funny. And they think going to Walmart is the best thing that ever happened to me (Lol Oh my god! *snickers*). Probably coz they dont realized i came from a civilized country or maybe they just dont know me at all. My husband is overly protective and gets agitated sometimes but i told him to give it up coz it doesnt matter and they dont know any better..... it does give me a good laugh hahaha.

I do agree except for "they still recognize and respect the ascendancy of their husband over them". I say, husband and wife should have the same amount of influence and dependence on each other. They should complement each other. Not one over the other. :)

(Just my opinion.)

Edited by PingLocalHostess

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Uhmm... Isn't it that island girls are hot??? I know I am... hehehheheheh

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

(.....they didnt realize*......) I hate grammar... its so hard. In the "island" they dont teach us grammar. *evil smile* ;)

Hahahahaha.......! You are so right HappyDancer.

Island girl! *giggles*

Edited by PingLocalHostess

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.