2newshoes2

Warning about naturalization ceremony

49 posts in this topic

haha - no it was the Swedish chap who said he would go to war against Sweden no problem and his reasoning was that the USA would win... I imagined him nuking his mom and brothers and sisters and thinking it was worth it to get USC.

:

While I must admit that British humor is a bit "unique," I wouldn't imagine that my comment could be taken that seriously. Really? US and Sweden in a war? If that happened, we (as in the world) would have much more serious problems to worry about.

01/31/2009 - Mailed N-400 to the Texas Lockbox

02/05/2009 - USPS "Priority" mail package delivered to Texas Lockbox

02/05/2009 - Priority Date

02/10/2009 - Notice Date

03/03/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03/19/2009 - Interview Letter Received

05/21/2009 - Interview Appointment

05/21/2009 - Interview Passed

07/15/2009 - Oath Appointment

07/15/2009 - Oath Completed

07/15/2009 - Submitted Passport Application (Standard 4-6 week service)

08/22/2009 - Received letter stating that I did not sign passport application (not true) and need to re-apply

08/24/2009 - Resubmitted passport application

09/05/2009 - Received Passport

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

While I must admit that British humor is a bit "unique," I wouldn't imagine that my comment could be taken that seriously. Really? US and Sweden in a war? If that happened, we (as in the world) would have much more serious problems to worry about.

That's good and it's nice it was a joke and Sweden is safe - viva ABBA - viva Agnetha

BUT there is the point that the Wisconsin Germans did fight against Germany with no compunction - so it seems that people do fall in line with their new country when required

and to a surprisng degree

Perhaps we shouldnt be surprised as we have the example of the American civil war where sometimes brother killed brother with relish as soon as they had chosen sides.

Strange folk us humans. I wish I was a duck sometimes.

moresheep400100.jpg

That's good and it's nice it was a joke and Sweden is safe - viva ABBA - viva Agnetha

BUT there is the point that the Wisconsin Germans did fight against Germany with no compunction - so it seems that people do fall in line with their new country when required

and to a surprisng degree

Perhaps we shouldnt be surprised as we have the example of the American civil war where sometimes brother killed brother with relish as soon as they had chosen sides.

Strange folk us humans. I wish I was a duck sometimes.

Strange, indeed, and I agree with you. Being "re-spawned" as a rubber duck, in particular, would be interesting. :)

01/31/2009 - Mailed N-400 to the Texas Lockbox

02/05/2009 - USPS "Priority" mail package delivered to Texas Lockbox

02/05/2009 - Priority Date

02/10/2009 - Notice Date

03/03/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03/19/2009 - Interview Letter Received

05/21/2009 - Interview Appointment

05/21/2009 - Interview Passed

07/15/2009 - Oath Appointment

07/15/2009 - Oath Completed

07/15/2009 - Submitted Passport Application (Standard 4-6 week service)

08/22/2009 - Received letter stating that I did not sign passport application (not true) and need to re-apply

08/24/2009 - Resubmitted passport application

09/05/2009 - Received Passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Strange, indeed, and I agree with you. Being "re-spawned" as a rubber duck, in particular, would be interesting. :)

No a real duck not a rubber duck. Had enough of rubber girlfriends - I want one that can lay eggs. Another advantage is we could move from country to country without the USCIS approval or paying for meals on the way - oh and have a universal accent

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.