marends

bank wires as evidence for spouse CR-1

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Last week my Chinese fiancee and I got married in China, and now we're starting to prepare for CR-1 submission. We'd like to include as much evidence of the bona fides of the marriage as possible. We don't have any comingling financial resources or property yet, so we're trying to think of what might be good to include. Thus far, we have the following: marriage certificate, telephone records, emails, evidence of 10 trips to China to see her in the past couple of years, affidavits from my parents of the bona fides of the relationship, and I'll be putting her on my medical insurance. In the past couple of years, I've also wired her money three separate times for living expenses. Could receipts and bank statements from these wires be helpful? The pessimist in me doesn't want the consulate to construe these wires as "buying" a Chinese bride.....which it most certainly is not. It seems to me that it's totally normal and acceptable for a husband to support his wife any way he can.....including financially. So, can evidence of bank wires be helpful? Thanks for your input.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Last week my Chinese fiancee and I got married in China, and now we're starting to prepare for CR-1 submission. We'd like to include as much evidence of the bona fides of the marriage as possible. We don't have any comingling financial resources or property yet, so we're trying to think of what might be good to include. Thus far, we have the following: marriage certificate, telephone records, emails, evidence of 10 trips to China to see her in the past couple of years, affidavits from my parents of the bona fides of the relationship, and I'll be putting her on my medical insurance. In the past couple of years, I've also wired her money three separate times for living expenses. Could receipts and bank statements from these wires be helpful? The pessimist in me doesn't want the consulate to construe these wires as "buying" a Chinese bride.....which it most certainly is not. It seems to me that it's totally normal and acceptable for a husband to support his wife any way he can.....including financially. So, can evidence of bank wires be helpful? Thanks for your input.

USCIS doesn't expect newlyweds who have never lived even in the same country much less together, to have comingled assets. I would not include evidence you sent money in either direction. It doesn't help and CAN hurt. Why not elect to send evidence from the "any other" category, such as pictures with family and maybe a few communication records.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

In fact, we do indeed have pictures of me with her family (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brother, etc.), and pictures of her with my brother and my cousin when they accompanied me on one of the trips. She has also traded email correspondence with my mom, dad, and brothers over the years.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

USCIS doesn't expect newlyweds who have never lived even in the same country much less together, to have comingled assets. I would not include evidence you sent money in either direction. It doesn't help and CAN hurt. Why not elect to send evidence from the "any other" category, such as pictures with family and maybe a few communication records.

Here I would like know something, apart from family photos, honeymoon photo, email, phone logs, why it be harmful if I show that my husband sent me money time to time, and for verious fastivals specially? These all are part and proof of relationship I believe...

Sonia

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Here I would like know something, apart from family photos, honeymoon photo, email, phone logs, why it be harmful if I show that my husband sent me money time to time, and for verious fastivals specially? These all are part and proof of relationship I believe...

Sonia

"Can" is not "would". If there were ever any suspicion the foreign fiance or spouse was scamming the USC, the money transfers to them would support that. That the USC sends money to the foreign beneficiary is one-way evidence of bona fides. The majority of visa fraud is generally one-way in the other direction or two-way. As such, money transfers don't help and "can" hurt. I'm not saying don't transfer money, just that evidence of it is not generally helpful and "can" not "will" hurt your case.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.