11 posts in this topic

UGH. already problems. I called NVC (i know it's a little early) but the woman i spoke with at the NVC said that we should wait 90 days for them to receive the information from immigration?! What the h e l l?!?! 90 days? I have never read that on this site before! I asked...even for a K1 visa? and she said yes. Please tell me this isn't true?

UGH. already problems. I called NVC (i know it's a little early) but the woman i spoke with at the NVC said that we should wait 90 days for them to receive the information from immigration?! What the h e l l?!?! 90 days? I have never read that on this site before! I asked...even for a K1 visa? and she said yes. Please tell me this isn't true?

While it may be true what she told you is their official/canned response to inquiries - the reality is, it's usually a couple of weeks. (Of course, sometimes longer, sometimes not as long.)

Congrats on the approval.. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is most likely not true. I would never bother to ask a USCIS employee for information. When we had our biometrics appointment I asked when we could expect our interview. The paid-by-the-pound employee said "about 6 months". We got our interview letter in a week! The interview is 1 month from the biometrics date (This Thursday!)

They always say some way out date so you don't complain. In fact NVC usually recieves these cases about the same time you receive your NOA2 letter and you should receive a KEV number about 10 days after you receive your NOA2 letter. Allow three weeks from NOA2 until it reaches Kiev...usually

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Oh very interesting. NVC told us 60 days, of course that is BS...

We were at the VSC for our biometrics and they had a big poster on the wall saying "You can check your case status here, or on the web at ...." So I thought, "what the heck?" I went up to the bulletproof glass window and asked the woman there for an update. Mind you we are the ONLY people in the place and the plus size woman behind the bulletproof glass is reading a magazine. She says..."you can check that on the web" and points to the sign. !!!!! "Excuse me, that sign says I can check the status here." So she winds up and moves her fat carcass over to another computer, moves the mouse around, points and clicks at something (probably a solitaire game) and says I can expect an interview in 6 months. "Oh, and what is the current processing time for a K-1 visa?" (I asked because a good friend and fellow VJ'er was expecting his NOA2 any day) "About 6 months" was her answer. Hmmmm "and how long between equinoxes?" And "if a woman is 3 months pregnant, when will the baby be born?" Fill in the question and the will be......

I suspect they are paid by the immigration lawyers to say these things so that the immigration lawyers can say "look, I got your case done faster!" Really the info you get from phone calls, questions in person, etc., will be no better than the USCIS website. Better to look at the timelines here, they have been very accurate for me so far, in fact our case has run a little faster than most reported by VJ. We have our AOS interview in two more days and I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to a USCIS free life (at least for two years) I have ALL our papers in order, organized, boxed and ready to put in the back of the closet for two years! I will bring this WHOLE box Thursday and then I will tape it up and put it away! I shouldn't complain, really. Alla agreed to marry me only one year ago TODAY and we are almost finished with the AOS (I hope) but it has been a solid year of study, filling out papers, making copies, more copies and about 365 "passport style" photos (OK maybe I exagerate, it only seems that way).

Your case should go along pretty smooth, but figure 2 months from NOA2 until interview, it is a pretty good estimate if there are no problems. Download packet 3 now and get everything ready, it won't be too long! Good luck.

Gary And Alla

'gary and alla'

thanks for that reply...humor helps, especially in a situation like this, where we are completely helpless in trying to speed up the process. i guess that's why it's so great that we can all meet here and debate about processing times ...etc. good luck with everything!

-sarah (and vova)

Timeline
'gary and alla'

thanks for that reply...humor helps, especially in a situation like this, where we are completely helpless in trying to speed up the process. i guess that's why it's so great that we can all meet here and debate about processing times ...etc. good luck with everything!

-sarah (and vova)

As soon as you get that KEV number, Vova can schedule his medical exam. Unless something has changed, it is easy to get the exam and is "almost" on a walk-in basis in Kiev. I think he can get an appointment with 1-2 days notice, usually, though it may be a bit backlogged after the holidays. He can get his police certificate now...allow three weeks unless you give some pay-ola, you can get it a little sooner. Do not depend on the Ukrainian mail to deliver the packet 3 (we never got ours) but download it. I lived there for two years and haven't complained about the US postal service since! I think you know this also. :)

You can also schedule an interview as soon as Kiev has it in their system, you do not need to send any documents to schedule an appointment, so tell them you have everything and get a date. If you don't have everything now, you WILL by the time you need to give it to them, so don't wait around. :) I am sure you aren't! Besides it helps fill the time until you can go for the interview.

Gary And Alla

Definitely call NVC, and keep calling. I got the KEV number a week before I received three identical notices from NVC. I never did get an email from CRIS, and the status online was still the same a month later.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

sajori!!

I got my approval today, January 15. Thanks to GOD!!

K-1

10/6/2008: I-129F

4/14/2009: Visa in hand

5/17/2009: POE (Yaaaay!!)

AOS

9/8/2009: Sent I-765, I-485

12/7/2009: Interview

2/27/2010: GC in hands!! Thanks to GOD!!

ROC

11/21/2011: Sent I-751

11/23/2011: Package received

11/28/2011: Check cashed

11/23/2011: NOA dated

12/1/2011 : NOA received

1/03/2012 : Called USCIS for bio letter

1/16/2012 : Biometrics Notice Date

1/21/2012 : Biometrics Letter

2/13/2012 : Biometrics Appointment

4/27/2012 : Decision of Date

5/3/2012 : Notice of Approval

6/1/2012 : GC in hand :-D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.