newlyweds07

What is my approval notice?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

I have my immigration medical tomorrow in Toronto and I need to bring my "approval notice." What is this? I have a letter from The US consulate general that says: "This office is pleased to inform you that it can being processing your K-3 visa case...." and it gives me my MTL number (i'm from Canada, going to have my interview in Montreal). No where on the letter though does it say the words "approved" or anything though. Is there another letter I should have received? We are working with a lawyer and only up to this moment did I think we had this letter and my medical is tomorrow at 7am and the lawyers office is closed now.

ANY help please!!

~Abby

2007-09-07 - Married in Canada =)
2007-10-01 - I-130 Sent
2008-01-10 - I-130 Received (took long enough!)
2008-01-14 - I-130 NOA1
2008-01-18 - I-129F Sent
2008-01-31 - I-129F Received
2008-02-24 - I-129F Touched
2008-02-24 - I-130 Touched
2008-07-15 - I-130 RFE/Touch
2008-09-22 - I-129F NOA2
2008-09-22 - I-130 NOA2
2009-12-09 - Recieved package 3?
2009-01-12 - Medical
2009-03-30 - Montreal Interview

Hi there,

I have my immigration medical tomorrow in Toronto and I need to bring my "approval notice." What is this? I have a letter from The US consulate general that says: "This office is pleased to inform you that it can being processing your K-3 visa case...." and it gives me my MTL number (i'm from Canada, going to have my interview in Montreal). No where on the letter though does it say the words "approved" or anything though. Is there another letter I should have received? We are working with a lawyer and only up to this moment did I think we had this letter and my medical is tomorrow at 7am and the lawyers office is closed now.

ANY help please!!

~Abby

Take both your I-797 NO2 approval notice and the letter from the US consulate general!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

ok, i started to get seriously curious since we were just approved and would be in the same boat soon... it appears the "approval notice" is the NOA2!

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.visa.us...l+exam+montreal

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi there,

ANY help please!!

~Abby

Take both your I-797 NO2 approval notice and the letter from the US consulate general!

I dont think I have an I-797 NO2... I just went onto uscis.gov because I signed up there for the online case status and apparently back in October they tried to send me an approval notice and had the wrong address... we've heard from them since then though. I dont know what address they were trying to send to... I really dont think I have this form... is this a major deal... I'm thinking so and yet hoping not.

Thanks again for any help!

2007-09-07 - Married in Canada =)
2007-10-01 - I-130 Sent
2008-01-10 - I-130 Received (took long enough!)
2008-01-14 - I-130 NOA1
2008-01-18 - I-129F Sent
2008-01-31 - I-129F Received
2008-02-24 - I-129F Touched
2008-02-24 - I-130 Touched
2008-07-15 - I-130 RFE/Touch
2008-09-22 - I-129F NOA2
2008-09-22 - I-130 NOA2
2009-12-09 - Recieved package 3?
2009-01-12 - Medical
2009-03-30 - Montreal Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I didn't have the NOA2 when i did my medical. They asked me when my interview was, didn't have one yet, cause i needed the medical before sending in packet 3. Then they asked if i had my case number (that's the MTL0123456789 number) and that was it.. i just brought all my papers with me to be safe really, but the case number seems to have been what they needed.

°»UnstrungLeSin«°

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.