krystiandjon

Back ground check unit....Help?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance contacted her senators about our case, and got back a letter from one enclosing a letter from the USCIS, stating our case is still under review by their back ground check unit. She did talk to her Senator's aid, who said it would take between 2 and 6 months to resolve to review. has anyone experienced such things, and be able to shed light on this? Does it really take this long?

Many thanks.

Jon.

My fiance contacted her senators about our case, and got back a letter from one enclosing a letter from the USCIS, stating our case is still under review by their back ground check unit. She did talk to her Senator's aid, who said it would take between 2 and 6 months to resolve to review. has anyone experienced such things, and be able to shed light on this? Does it really take this long?

Many thanks.

Jon.

Sounds like you're under Adminitrative Review, or Processing. Lots and lots of people here on VJ are going through it, however usually not from the UK. It can take as little as a few months, and as long as a few years. How long have you been waiting right now? You might want to try posting this in the UK regional forum in case there are others going through this process there. Best of luck finding an answer soon!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Many thanks.

Jon.

Sounds like you're under Adminitrative Review, or Processing. Lots and lots of people here on VJ are going through it, however usually not from the UK. It can take as little as a few months, and as long as a few years. How long have you been waiting right now? You might want to try posting this in the UK regional forum in case there are others going through this process there. Best of luck finding an answer soon!

Not sure if that is the same as Administrative review, the said it was being looked at by their background check unit. Anyway it's been over 5 months since our NOA1, which I know isn't as long as some cases(some over a year...Why?that' just rediculous!) I think it has to do with me being refused entry to the US for intent to marry, that happened back in June 2008. We did send in al the info from my session with Immigration at Cleveland. We disclosed everything so that we aren't hiding anything. honesty best policy right! So We knew I was going to pop up in immigration records, cause they have my fingerprints and statement as well as my picture....it was a pretty picture!! I looked really happy! But we didn't think it would make it take potentially this much longer! 6 months? Maybe a few years! That ludicrous! I'm not a bad person. Maybe being a dual national has something to do with it? But all in all it's legal bot here in Britain and my home country of South Africa. So probably not the issue. Good news is my fiance is coming out to visit me in 3 weeks!!! Yippppeee! That does make me feel much better, plus if the USCIS is busy looking at our case, that means they haven't lost it! Good stuff......Lekker een!(Afrikaans for that!)

Any other feedback would be greatly appriciated!

"I'll drink to your health, share your wealth, run your life and steal your wife. I'm uncle Sam that's who I am."

Grateful Dead-US blues

Always loved that song, never realised the irony it would have on my life! Ahh the Dead!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

People get 'stuck' for all sorts of reasons. It could be something as simple as having a name similar to someone on a watch list.

Being denied entry (aka allowed to withdraw your petition to enter the U.S.) should not be a problem... wasn't for us or the many others I know of that have had the same experience. ;)

timeline.jpg

Timeline
People get 'stuck' for all sorts of reasons. It could be something as simple as having a name similar to someone on a watch list.

Being denied entry (aka allowed to withdraw your petition to enter the U.S.) should not be a problem... wasn't for us or the many others I know of that have had the same experience. ;)

Yeah, I remember you posting that on a query I had about this on here a month back. Thanks again! It really did set my mind at ease. It's just frustrating sometimes, the not knowing how long! Can it really take as long as 6 months? God I hope not! It really would suck if this is because of a similar name issue! What's the chances of another Jonathan Mostert....and an evil version too :devil: I got to try humour myself!

Thanks for the support!

Jon

Timeline

We got held up at NVC for three weeks... as many others have... and with no explanation at all. No criminal record for either of us... no common names... nothing in our backgrounds what-so-ever. It just is what it is. :(

You can be held up for any length of time, yes. But, the majority aren't held up as long as that.

yes, humor is probably your best defense. This is the absolute worse of it that you're in now...stay strong!

timeline.jpg

Timeline
We got held up at NVC for three weeks... as many others have... and with no explanation at all. No criminal record for either of us... no common names... nothing in our backgrounds what-so-ever. It just is what it is. :(

You can be held up for any length of time, yes. But, the majority aren't held up as long as that.

yes, humor is probably your best defense. This is the absolute worse of it that you're in now...stay strong!

Thanks again!

Your words help immensely, many on here I'm sure are grateful for couples like yourselves for all their wisdom and reassurance! I know, no criminal records or dodgy backgrounds. We are both rather geeky characters, who enjoy the simple things. Rather boring as the USCIS is going to find out! So looking forward to Krysti coming out in a few weeks!

Take care, and thanks again!

Jon :thumbs:

These emoticons are fun aren't they! although I am sure I could have done with some more expressive ones!! :whistle:

Filed: Other Timeline

Many thanks.

Jon.

Not sure if that is the same as Administrative review, the said it was being looked at by their background check unit. Anyway it's been over 5 months since our NOA1, which I know isn't as long as some cases(some over a year...Why?that' just rediculous!) I think it has to do with me being refused entry to the US for intent to marry, that happened back in June 2008. We did send in al the info from my session with Immigration at Cleveland. We disclosed everything so that we aren't hiding anything. honesty best policy right! So We knew I was going to pop up in immigration records, cause they have my fingerprints and statement as well as my picture....it was a pretty picture!! I looked really happy! But we didn't think it would make it take potentially this much longer! 6 months? Maybe a few years! That ludicrous! I'm not a bad person. Maybe being a dual national has something to do with it? But all in all it's legal bot here in Britain and my home country of South Africa. So probably not the issue. Good news is my fiance is coming out to visit me in 3 weeks!!! Yippppeee! That does make me feel much better, plus if the USCIS is busy looking at our case, that means they haven't lost it! Good stuff......Lekker een!(Afrikaans for that!)

"I'll drink to your health, share your wealth, run your life and steal your wife. I'm uncle Sam that's who I am."

Grateful Dead-US blues

Always loved that song, never realised the irony it would have on my life! Ahh the Dead!

I think you are saying you were denied entry in June, 2008.

What did they stamp in your passport?

Timeline

Many thanks.

Jon.

Grateful Dead-US blues

Nothing was stamped in my passport. Yeah it was June 2008. We filed in late July got NOA1 8th August.

They did write a little coded thing in the front of my passport, which indicted I couldn't enter on the WVP(they told me this & so did a lawyer. Have since got a new passport.not that changes much.). I was taken in for an interview, did a whole Q&A on what we intended to do, fingerprints, mugg shot, some friendly banter(telling me it would be ok...but just remember son, you'll need to get a K1fiance visa or we won't let you in! OK?) and then back on the plane for another 8 hours flight! Really not a fun day at all!

I don't think denied entry affects your K1. However, it might affect you at the embassy stage in Britain later on. I know if cases in Germany where they had to file a waiver because of that. No problems, it only delays thing by around 4-8 weeks! So make sure you stay on top of it.

Timeline

You do not need a waiver (even at interview) for being allowed to withdraw your petition to enter the Country. There just isn't one. All it means is that you are not longer eligible for the VWP. The process is very similar for all...as explained above. The couple mentioned above must have incurred overstay or must have been deported (big difference) not allowed to withdraw.

Many people are turned away at the border for the same reasons we were.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Many thanks.

Jon.

Grateful Dead-US blues

Nothing was stamped in my passport. Yeah it was June 2008. We filed in late July got NOA1 8th August.

They did write a little coded thing in the front of my passport, which indicted I couldn't enter on the WVP(they told me this & so did a lawyer. Have since got a new passport.not that changes much.). I was taken in for an interview, did a whole Q&A on what we intended to do, fingerprints, mugg shot, some friendly banter(telling me it would be ok...but just remember son, you'll need to get a K1fiance visa or we won't let you in! OK?) and then back on the plane for another 8 hours flight! Really not a fun day at all!

Well, I don't know what the 'little coded thing' was, but whatever it was determines your future insofar as immigration. I'm glad your lawyer has seen it and cleared up for you what it meant.

I asked what was written because of your words:

"I think it has to do with me being refused entry to the US for intent to marry, that happened back in June 2008."

Sometimes people don't understand what CBP is saying to them. And sometimes we here (or at least me) need clarification as to what happened. I was hoping your comments didn't mean they had accused you of misrepresenting yourself at the border. Good to read it sounds like that is not what happened.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we are stuck also in the USCIS for 2 months... for more review of our papers...don't lose hope ,it won't take too long for that...be patient and everything will be ok...goodluck

shF5m5.png

29722_112256618812440_1000008430620.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.