rockhouse

The irony...

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i lived in Manila but i know how to swim.i learned it when i was in college,i was taking Bachelor of Science in Education and my major subject then was P.E.you can do a lot of things together and it'll be fun teaching her how to swim and wakeboarding :thumbs:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can swim but I am not really confident swimming in the deep water(10 ft or more).

Swimming class is part of our P.E. subject during college but I was exempted from taking it. Still, I wanted to learn how to swim so I enrolled myself to swimming classes one summer right after college. I am glad I did, I love swimming and love the beach and the water.

Hi, I didn't know how to swim also till I met my husband summertime of 2005. He loves going to a swimming pool place and after going there almost everyday I learned how to do it without him holding me at the water, he just gave me some ideas on how or what to do for me to float in the water. Hope your wife dont get scared in the water so she can easily learn. Goodluck!

I was just curious as to how many of you filipinas can swim? My filipina sweetheart is still in Cebu and she and most of her family/friends cant swim! Living in Texas it is a necessity to know how to swim as it gets so darn hot here! Also, i want to teach her to wakeboard when she gets here....so how many of you pinay's can swim? And to the ones that learned once they got here, was it easy for you to learn? Im just curious...thanx yall! :)

img0725ng.jpg

as1cxMsVM3D0000Mjk2bHN8MDA5Njk4c3xXZVwncmUgbWFycmllZCBmb3Ig.gif

I can swim. I love water sports.

There is a International wake boarding complex in Naga City, Bicol, Philippines. Which I am proud of being a Bicolana. Here's a link. My husband and I went there last Summer.

Camarines Sur Waterworks Complex

There are more chances of learning to swim esp if your wife/fiancee came from a place where there is a nearest body of water. Beach, spring resort, resorts. And if she has indeed passion for water.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess there were lots of Pinays who doesn't know how to swim and that includes ME.. :rofl:

Reasons:

Maybe because some lived on the cities and doesn't have access to pools and beaches.

Parents are more busy on working that they don't even have time to teach the kids. (which is TRUE since my parents are good swimmers..hehe)

These sport isn't offered in some schools including public schools. Maybe they think that there are much more things to learn in the classroom.

Or maybe they are aquaphobics... hehe :lol:

My fiance even had a hard time teaching me since he learned to swim on his own when he was a kid.

So, he thinks its really normal to swim or float and was wondering why I can't even do it... Hehe :P

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, i think that living here in US, with our way of life, it affords us leisure time to pursue things like swimming, wakebaording and such. If we struggled daily just to make sure our family would eat that day, we wouldnt have time for fun stuff.

I know my baby will love it here. There is so much fun stuff i will teach her and show her....i cant wait!!!

Adios!

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

there's a water complex in phil that serves wakeboarding etc and thats in camarines sur. been there 3 times coz my hubby loves the water sports... anyways im a beginner per se. i just learned how to cross toe side in and out of the wake consistently this summer. heel side edge is easier for me to do. maybe wakeboard 10 times total (min of 5-min-10 on the water. really tiring lol)... anyways, i thought a wake jump is really cool even though im not ready yet. but i tried anyways and it was awful. my husband and the rest of our friends in the boat was sacred to death coz i crashed the hardest and weirdest way... i got bruises on my ear, swelling, and an injured rib that even now it still gona hurt if i twist my body in a wrong way lol... thats why wakeskating sometimes is cool coz when you crash, its not as real bad compared to wakeboarding... though both of them are cool... so excited of your girl to try it... tough at first but she'll love it in the end!

LOL, yeah, wait till you try W2W and catch an edge on your landing! Its like being in a car wreck!......but you gotta keep pushing yourself to progress! Never give up!!!

29ngqhd.jpg

Howdy! Been swimming from a young age since my hometown, Bulusan which means flowing water boasts of a lot of bodies of water- river, ocean, lake & mineral springs...you name it. I am claustrophobic & a floater that's why its hard for me to learn how to scuba dive but I love snorkeling. It's better for beginners to learn swimming in a pool. Good luck & enjoy. :thumbs:

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Myla is a good swimmer, she had swimming during her college and she lived just 5 minuted from the beach back in the Philippines. When she arrived her October 2007 the pool was 68 and she jumped in anyway. Now, after getting used to the hot showers , she has not done that, lol. Our pool is 36X18 and she can actually stay underwater one way. My sons are good swimmers too so I am happy that Myla is because they play a lot in the pool during summer.

Okay, Im attaching her picture diving. She is not properly dressed though because she was ill. This was taken day after thanksgiving day. She had cough and fever and we were supposed to just go boating and sightseeing with my 2 daughters and their families who came all the way from NC to join us during thanksgiving. Anyway, the water was 72 so I jumped in and the others followed. Well, she was a sport and jumped in too, lol. We were in Rainbow River, Dunellon, FL.

Now, I believe her diving form here is good :) And no gators waiting at the bottom :)

PostThanksgiving129.jpg

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was just curious as to how many of you filipinas can swim? My filipina sweetheart is still in Cebu and she and most of her family/friends cant swim! Living in Texas it is a necessity to know how to swim as it gets so darn hot here! Also, i want to teach her to wakeboard when she gets here....so how many of you pinay's can swim? And to the ones that learned once they got here, was it easy for you to learn? Im just curious...thanx yall! :)

i can stay alive yeah if that's what you mean.. hehehehhehee but yeah i can swin,, i love it..

😁

Wow, what a great diving form and what a great shot! Did you use high speed camera?

Thank you. I just used a simple Samsung 5.1 pixels. I was lucky to get a shot at the right time :)

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can but not good I think my baby will help me to improve it someday coz I really can say he loves water/swimming pool :star: :star: :star:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

While still in college I had my swimming lessons but beforehand I don't know how.

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

While still in college I had my swimming lessons but beforehand I don't know how.

wow, you guys are lucky.. i just live few minutes away from the beach and just lived in front of the river.. but I still don't know how to swim..hehe.. and i also had it bad in highschool and college..we never had swimming classes.. but we had silly latin dances and ball sports like the usual..uhhhh!!!! ..oh well... teach me baby!!..hehe

aaa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.