Mike and Karol

Chicago, IL- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vjers! Me and my daughter will be leaving for US on February..we are on K1/K2 Visas. I know there's a thread here regarding POE experiences.. I have read it.. And all i see are those who shared their experiences coming from different countries.. I haven't seen one coming from Philippines.. If anyone here who had POE in Chicago, IL- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) please share me your experience.. I just want to know how many minutes will i need to get through all the immigration process at the airport before boarding the next plane to Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'll arrive in ORD 3:55pm and my next departure time going to Grand Rapids is at 5:50pm. Do you think 1 hr and 55 minutes are enough time to finish the immigration process?? How many minutes or hours do i need to check-in on the next flight? I'll be changing plane when i get to ORD to Grand Rapids. Any reply will be highly appreciated. Thank You so much :) -Karol

Edited by Mike and Karol

Hi Vjers! Me and my daughter will be leaving for US on February..we are on K1/K2 Visas. I know there's a thread here regarding POE experiences.. I have read it.. And all i see are those who shared their experiences coming from different countries.. I haven't seen one coming from Philippines.. If anyone here who had POE in Chicago, IL- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) please share me your experience.. I just want to know how many minutes will i need to get through all the immigration process at the airport before boarding the next plane to Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'll arrive in ORD 3:55pm and my next departure time going to Grand Rapids is at 5:50pm. Do you think 1 hr and 55 minutes are enough time to finish the immigration process?? How many minutes or hours do i need to check-in on the next flight? I'll be changing plane when i get to ORD to Grand Rapids. Any reply will be highly appreciated. Thank You so much :) -Karol

Hey, I live in Grand Haven. Are you in Grand Rapids? Congrats on getting your visa - we still have many months of waiting and praying. Just curious - why so long between interview and visa receipt (per your timeline)?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The "immigration process" only takes a few minutes... usually 10 minutes max. You might be waiting behind other new immigrants, however. The best thing to do is to sit as close to the front of the plane as you can so that you might be the first new immigrant off and the first new immigrant in line.

Lots of people are done with the "immigration process" before the baggage handlers can offload all of the luggage on the plane. You could actually finish the "immigration process" and still be waiting on your luggage.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,

my POE was Chicago O'hare and i had a smooth experience. it only took me 10 mins. the officer only asked me these questions:

1. my name

2. petitioner's name

3. address of where i will stay

4. when did we get married

5. how long have we been together

6. were did we met

7. how's our relationship going

have a safe trip! :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

It depends on what time of the day your flight comes in. 2 hours will probably be enough time for you, but make sure you don't waste any time. You will have to take the train over to terminal 1 or 2 for your connecting flight.

When Ruchies flight came in, it was around 2:30 pm and our flight back to KC was scheduled about 5pm. We barely made it to the gate. They were already boarding by the time we got to the gate.

Get yourself through immigration and customs and don't waste any time going to the other terminals for your connecting flight. Good Luck to you! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It depends on what time of the day your flight comes in. 2 hours will probably be enough time for you, but make sure you don't waste any time. You will have to take the train over to terminal 1 or 2 for your connecting flight.

When Ruchies flight came in, it was around 2:30 pm and our flight back to KC was scheduled about 5pm. We barely made it to the gate. They were already boarding by the time we got to the gate.

Get yourself through immigration and customs and don't waste any time going to the other terminals for your connecting flight. Good Luck to you! :thumbs:

So you mean that when we land in O'Hare we go through immigration and customs then we must go take a train to another terminal to catch our connecting flight? Wow. We land at 3:40 pm and we connect at 8:00 pm. I have family in Chicago and I had asked them to come to meet us for awhile. They even asked if we could have dinner at the airport with them. Gee whiz.....

Thanks for the info. You are great help to me. We will be flying in from Morocco via Paris then Chicago then to Austin.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

So you mean that when we land in O'Hare we go through immigration and customs then we must go take a train to another terminal to catch our connecting flight? Wow. We land at 3:40 pm and we connect at 8:00 pm. I have family in Chicago and I had asked them to come to meet us for awhile. They even asked if we could have dinner at the airport with them. Gee whiz.....

Thanks for the info. You are great help to me. We will be flying in from Morocco via Paris then Chicago then to Austin.

The train is the airports own service. ATS (Airport Transit Service). The international Terminal is Terminal 5, so you would have to take the ATS to Terminals 1,2 or 3.... Here is a link to O'hare. http://www.chicago-ord.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.