sardes

When does FBI investigate about my background???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hello,

I am going with K-3 and about to get the interview date.. I am wondering something.. I lived in the state from 2002 to 2005. I went there with tourist visa then changed it to student visa.. I did not over stay there.. I never did anything criminal.. I got back in my country before my student visa expired. I am wondering if that can be a reason to put me in AP to investigate more about my background in the state... When does FBI investigate people who used to live in the state? I was told living there would be an advantage not disadvantage, now i am confused :(

Thank you so much in advance!!!

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello,

I am going with K-3 and about to get the interview date.. I am wondering something.. I lived in the state from 2002 to 2005. I went there with tourist visa then changed it to student visa.. I did not over stay there.. I never did anything criminal.. I got back in my country before my student visa expired. I am wondering if that can be a reason to put me in AP to investigate more about my background in the state... When does FBI investigate people who used to live in the state? I was told living there would be an advantage not disadvantage, now i am confused :(

Thank you so much in advance!!!

just as long as you have not broken any immigration law, overstayed, abused your visa or right to enter the US, etc... then you should be fine. and i think you will be... keep praying.

lots of luck!

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Timeline

Thank you for your good wishes! I just don't want to wait longer after my interview for this investigating.. I just wonder when FBI investigates people who lived in the state before.. Before the interview or after the interview??????

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Timeline
Thank you for your good wishes! I just don't want to wait longer after my interview for this investigating.. I just wonder when FBI investigates people who lived in the state before.. Before the interview or after the interview??????

its their call. they can do that before or after. its up to them.

they just probably want to find out if you have been illegally staying then its all good. but you havent and that same fact will come up in their investigation. so let them investigate if they have to. you have nothing to worry about.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-31-08 - touched

11-05-08 - touched

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

Timeline

Thanks. I am not worried about the investigation.. I am just worried about time. If they do this before the interview and it doesn't delay getting visa that is ok.. We have been waiting for a year.. I hope they don't investigate after the interview and don't make us to wait longer...

Timeline
Thanks. I am not worried about the investigation.. I am just worried about time. If they do this before the interview and it doesn't delay getting visa that is ok.. We have been waiting for a year.. I hope they don't investigate after the interview and don't make us to wait longer...

oh i see. well it will take time. but im pretty sure its worth the wait... smile. and keep the faith.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-31-08 - touched

11-05-08 - touched

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

Timeline

Hi to all.. I would be happy if somebody can give a clear answer to my question..

Does FBI investigate people while the file is at USCIS? or they may tell you when you are at the interview at the embassy and may say "sorry your papers are fine, we beileved you have a bonafide marriage but we need to know if you broke any law when you lived in the state, so we won't give you visa now because we will investigate your backgrounds"... When FBI investigate people before the interview or after the interview? or it depends on something???

Thank you!

Edited by sardes

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That happens after the interview... and the period of time between your interview and having your visa in hand is the time they background-check you... and if you did not break the law why you sound so scared? did the US embassy in Ankara send you packet 3 and 4?

Edited by World Citizen

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : [ Egypt ]

Marriage : 03-08-2003

I-130 Sent : 04-20-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 04-25-2008

Touched : 05-01-2008

TOUCHED: 09-29-2008

TOUCHED: 09-30-2008

APPROVED: 01-07-2009

Interview Date... [?!]

I-129F Sent Finally!: 06-10-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 06-20-2008

I-129F TOUCHED : 07-14-2008

I-129F TOUCHED : 10-28-2008

APPROVED: 01-07-2009

Medical Examination: Done

Still Waiting...: The Truth about Immigration (Funny but true!)

Timeline

I am worried about time. I thought background-check means they put you in AP which means you have to wait a few more months may be one more year after the interview..then they'll give you visa. We got married one year ago..I don't want to wait one more year for the AP or background-check to start my life with my husband.. I hope i could explain my feelings now.. Thanks..

That happens after the interview... and the period of time between your interview and having your visa in hand is the time they background-check you... and if you did not break the law why you sound so scared? did the consulate in Ankara send you packet 3 and 4?

Timeline

I got my package 3.. waiting my husband to send his papers to me.. After sending all the documents to the embassy I'll wait for the interview date...

Edited by sardes

Timeline

I've seen this website on VJ which answers some questions.. if anyone interested in it;

http://triceiver.com/USCIS_Background_Secu...mmigration.aspx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.