16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Two things.

1) If NO Joint sponsor, assets NOT being used due to low income, and sponsoring only ONE immigrant, you can use I-864EZ

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

2) Look at the example I-864 in the example forms. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf

Check first box, and check "Yes"

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Two things.

1) If NO Joint sponsor, assets NOT being used due to low income, and sponsoring only ONE immigrant, you can use I-864EZ

2) Look at the example I-864 in the example forms. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf

ALL right..I already used I-864.I didn't know about the other shorter version,but I checked like in the example for..both boxes(the first one and then "yes")I was confused when I've seen the comment..."applicable only for joint sponsor)and I am still confused..they should check no?

Thank you for all the answers!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Two things.

ALL right..I already used I-864.I didn't know about the other shorter version,but I checked like in the example for..both boxes(the first one and then "yes")I was confused when I've seen the comment..."applicable only for joint sponsor)and I am still confused..they should check no?

The "Yes" "NO" have to do with a joint sponsor, I had to look at the example form and in the case of a solo sponsor neither box is checked, just leave YES and NO un-checked.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Two things.

The "Yes" "NO" have to do with a joint sponsor, I had to look at the example form and in the case of a solo sponsor neither box is checked, just leave YES and NO un-checked.

very wierd...caz the example seems to me made for the same case as mine:just a sponsor..and they checked "yes"

Two things.

very wierd...caz the example seems to me made for the same case as mine:just a sponsor..and they checked "yes"

So anybody has an exact answer for my q or i Better fill out I-864 EZ?..Not sure about this one.When I called USCIS they didn;t mention it.Are u sure is it oke?

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
Two things.

So anybody has an exact answer for my q or i Better fill out I-864 EZ?..Not sure about this one.When I called USCIS they didn;t mention it.Are u sure is it oke?

Thanks

As YuAndDan saids, your husband seems to be qualified to use I-864 EZ if he does not use his assets or joint sponsor or househould member's income to satisfy poverty line (I think he can still use I-864 instead, if he wish; probably it is analogous to tax forms where it is ok to use Form 1040 even if eligible to use Form 1040EZ which is much simpler and easier than Form 1040).

Regarding your question on Part 3 Q8, my guess is "No (applicable only in cases with two joint sponsors)" in Part 3 Q8 will be checked in a situation where USC file I-485 for more than 2 immigrants, i.e., foreign spouse (principal immigrant) and his/her child (family menber of principal immigrant), AND he/she needs two joint sponsors A and B, as neitehr A nor B's income alone exceeds poverty line for 3 household or they just do not want to be responsible for 2 immigrants. So, while first joint sponsor A will sponsor UCS and his/her spouse (thus check "yes" in Part 3 Q8), second joint sponsor B will sponsor family member of principal immigrant only. [such arrangement is allowed according to the instruction for I-864, which says "If the first joint sponsor completes Form I-864 for some rather than all the family members, a second qualifying joint sponsor will be required to sponsor the remaining family members."]

And under such situation, joint sponsor B can check "No" to Part 3 Q8 as well as Q9 and should complete box under Q9.

AOS from H1B

[AOS Timeline of Dec.'08 Filers], [JV Thread for Dec.'08 AOS Filers]

12-17-08: I-130/I-485/I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12-18-08: I-130/I-485/I-765 delivered

12-29-08: Received 3 NOAs (dated 12-24-2008)

12-29-08: Checks cashed

1-5-09: Received Biometric appt. notice (dated 12-30-2008)

1-20-09: Biometric done

2-17-09: Received interview appt. letter (dated 2-12-2009)

3-5-09: Received EAD (dated 2-28-2009)

4-6-09: AOS Intervew @NYC

4-13-09: Received welcome letter (dated 4-8-09)

4-18-09: Received GC (dated 4-13-08)

Two things.

Thanks

As YuAndDan saids, your husband seems to be qualified to use I-864 EZ if he does not use his assets or joint sponsor or househould member's income to satisfy poverty line (I think he can still use I-864 instead, if he wish; probably it is analogous to tax forms where it is ok to use Form 1040 even if eligible to use Form 1040EZ which is much simpler and easier than Form 1040).

Regarding your question on Part 3 Q8, my guess is "No (applicable only in cases with two joint sponsors)" in Part 3 Q8 will be checked in a situation where USC file I-485 for more than 2 immigrants, i.e., foreign spouse (principal immigrant) and his/her child (family menber of principal immigrant), AND he/she needs two joint sponsors A and B, as neitehr A nor B's income alone exceeds poverty line for 3 household or they just do not want to be responsible for 2 immigrants. So, while first joint sponsor A will sponsor UCS and his/her spouse (thus check "yes" in Part 3 Q8), second joint sponsor B will sponsor family member of principal immigrant only. [such arrangement is allowed according to the instruction for I-864, which says "If the first joint sponsor completes Form I-864 for some rather than all the family members, a second qualifying joint sponsor will be required to sponsor the remaining family members."]

And under such situation, joint sponsor B can check "No" to Part 3 Q8 as well as Q9 and should complete box under Q9.

That makes sens.

Anyway I still think that if my husband check"yes"is not a problem,because in my opinion "yes"can be use for both situations:my situation and for sponosr A in your example."No"is ONLY for sponsos B from your example..in other words "No"is aplicable only when a joint sponsor is used.Right?

Please let me know if you think I misunderstood.

Timeline
Two things.

Thanks

That makes sens.

Anyway I still think that if my husband check"yes"is not a problem,because in my opinion "yes"can be use for both situations:my situation and for sponosr A in your example."No"is ONLY for sponsos B from your example..in other words "No"is aplicable only when a joint sponsor is used.Right?

Yes, I think that's correct and your husband can check "yes".

AOS from H1B

Two things.

Thanks

That makes sens.

Yes, I think that's correct and your husband can check "yes".

Oke..thanks a lot!

We just changed our mind and filled out I-864 EZ.It's much easier.I hope we didn't make any mistake in filling it out.We checked everything "yes"at part 1.Then I see they don't ask for my husband phone number..Is there any q that I don't see?

then at part 4 there is 2 by default at 16.a..then I put only 0 at b,c,d,e and "2 "again at "f".

I just wanna be sure..Do I need to fill out both boxes at 16:b,c,d,e,f?I mean to put "0"in both boxes or just the "right one"?

At the individual current income we put the amount from his last paycheck-end of dec.We don't have a w-2 or tax return for 2008,so the most recent forms(W-2,form1099 and tax returns)one will be from 2007.

and that's it...everything seems clear.What do you think?

Thanks again..waitng for a quick answer.I'll mail everything tomorrow.

Timeline

I think you are all set for I-864EZ. Good luck.

Oke..thanks a lot!

We just changed our mind and filled out I-864 EZ.It's much easier.I hope we didn't make any mistake in filling it out.We checked everything "yes"at part 1.Then I see they don't ask for my husband phone number..Is there any q that I don't see? I agree, there is no space for USC spouse's tel number.

then at part 4 there is 2 by default at 16.a..then I put only 0 at b,c,d,e and "2 "again at "f".

I just wanna be sure..Do I need to fill out both boxes at 16:b,c,d,e,f?I mean to put "0"in both boxes or just the "right one"? JV's sample form for I-864 put "0" for similar questions, so I guess you can put "0" for 16:b,c,d and e

At the individual current income we put the amount from his last paycheck-end of dec. I think that's fine unless he get raise in 2009 and can prove in employer's letter, etc. (in that case, he can use the new salary information, otherwise it sounds right to use the same salary level with previous year, i.e., 2008). We don't have a w-2 or tax return for 2008,so the most recent forms(W-2,form1099 and tax returns)one will be from 2007. That should be fine. and that's it...everything seems clear.What do you think?Thanks again..waitng for a quick answer.I'll mail everything tomorrow.

AOS from H1B

I think you are all set for I-864EZ. Good luck.

Oke..thanks a lot!

We just changed our mind and filled out I-864 EZ.It's much easier.I hope we didn't make any mistake in filling it out.We checked everything "yes"at part 1.Then I see they don't ask for my husband phone number..Is there any q that I don't see? I agree, there is no space for USC spouse's tel number.

I just wanna be sure..Do I need to fill out both boxes at 16:b,c,d,e,f?I mean to put "0"in both boxes or just the "right one"? JV's sample form for I-864 put "0" for similar questions, so I guess you can put "0" for 16:b,c,d and e

At the individual current income we put the amount from his last paycheck-end of dec. I think that's fine unless he get raise in 2009 and can prove in employer's letter, etc. (in that case, he can use the new salary information, otherwise it sounds right to use the same salary level with previous year, i.e., 2008). We don't have a w-2 or tax return for 2008,so the most recent forms(W-2,form1099 and tax returns)one will be from 2007. That should be fine. and that's it...everything seems clear.What do you think?Thanks again..waitng for a quick answer.I'll mail everything tomorrow.

Good...then I have one more lil concern...why does it say either in I-864 or in I-864 EZ also the followimg thing:..at the instructions. pages at the subtitle:..."why may use form I-861EZ?"///at 1.it's said "you are the person who filed or is filling the form I-130,for a relative being sponsored?"...we don't submit I-130...so one of the conditions is not applicable in our case??confusing instructions for me...

and if we submit I-864 EZ instead of I-864 should we submit form 1040 EZ instead of 1040?

and then..we have w-2 for the last 3 years,but not 1099 just for 2007..it ot oke?

thanks again and again!

if you have an answer please post it asap...

Timeline
Good...then I have one more lil concern...why does it say either in I-864 or in I-864 EZ also the followimg thing:..at the instructions. pages at the subtitle:..."why may use form I-861EZ?"///at 1.it's said "you are the person who filed or is filling the form I-130,for a relative being sponsored?"...we don't submit I-130...so one of the conditions is not applicable in our case?? Sorry, I do not have answer to this question. I will defer to someone who can answer this. confusing instructions for me...

and if we submit I-864 EZ instead of I-864 should we submit form 1040 EZ instead of 1040? No, form 1040 and 1040EZ is just analogy, sorry for making you confuse. I-864 is the form for everybody (so is form 1040), while I-864EZ can be used only if you satisfy certain conditions (so is form 1040EZ and the conditions for 1040EZ are nothing to do with I-864EZ)

and then..we have w-2 for the last 3 years,but not 1099 just for 2007..it ot oke? If you did not receive form 1099 in 2005 and 2006 that's fine, but if you received form 1099 (thus used information contained in 1099 in the 2005 and 2006 returns) but lost them, copy of your 2005 and 2006 is incomplete, and in that case it might better obtain and submit tax transcript rather than copy of tax return in hand. Alternatively, you can submit only 2007 return (w/ W2 and 1099), as submission of the copy of 2007 is mandetory while 2005 and 2006 are optional.thanks again and again!

AOS from H1B

Good...then I have one more lil concern...why does it say either in I-864 or in I-864 EZ also the followimg thing:..at the instructions. pages at the subtitle:..."why may use form I-861EZ?"///at 1.it's said "you are the person who filed or is filling the form I-130,for a relative being sponsored?"...we don't submit I-130...so one of the conditions is not applicable in our case?? Sorry, I do not have answer to this question. I will defer to someone who can answer this. confusing instructions for me...

and if we submit I-864 EZ instead of I-864 should we submit form 1040 EZ instead of 1040? No, form 1040 and 1040EZ is just analogy, sorry for making you confuse. I-864 is the form for everybody (so is form 1040), while I-864EZ can be used only if you satisfy certain conditions (so is form 1040EZ and the conditions for 1040EZ are nothing to do with I-864EZ)

and then..we have w-2 for the last 3 years,but not 1099 just for 2007..it ot oke? If you did not receive form 1099 in 2005 and 2006 that's fine, but if you received form 1099 (thus used information contained in 1099 in the 2005 and 2006 returns) but lost them, copy of your 2005 and 2006 is incomplete, and in that case it might better obtain and submit tax transcript rather than copy of tax return in hand. Alternatively, you can submit only 2007 return (w/ W2 and 1099), as submission of the copy of 2007 is mandetory while 2005 and 2006 are optional.thanks again and again!

my husband submits the following forms:

2007:w2, 1099(dividends and distributions),and copy of 1040-the income much over poverty limit

2006:two w-2 s(one is from a company where he worked just a month,so very low income,the other one much over the limit)and he also has a 1099 (dividents and distributions),from the company with high inome not the "monthly one"

2005:he had 5 jobs:one starting from 1998 and ending in 2006(he has a w-2 for this one and income over limit) and in the same time a job just in February,2005 at a company and 2 other jobs just In October,2005 -so the "monthly" jobs have very small income...but he has one w-2 from one "monthly job"an two 1099(miscellaneous income) for the other two "monthly"jobs.

so when I said he doesn't have 1099 for 2005 and 2005...he actually never had.For some jobs he had or only 1099,or w2,or both.He said it's not the case of losing them or being incomplete.

what do you think?should we send all these?we mentioned all these jobs in his g-325 A...and at the current company(where he was hired in Jan 2006)he earns more over the poverty limit...and then for 2005 he had that job (that started in 1998)that is a lil over the poverty limit...so i hope they don't care a bout the other jobs that were actally parralle jobs..with very low income..

What do you think?

if you're still online please let me know your opinion...we mail everything tomorrow,caz we are running out of time!

thanks

Timeline
my husband submits the following forms:

2007:w2, 1099(dividends and distributions),and copy of 1040-the income much over poverty limit

2006:two w-2 s(one is from a company where he worked just a month,so very low income,the other one much over the limit)and he also has a 1099 (dividents and distributions),from the company with high inome not the "monthly one"

2005:he had 5 jobs:one starting from 1998 and ending in 2006(he has a w-2 for this one and income over limit) and in the same time a job just in February,2005 at a company and 2 other jobs just In October,2005 -so the "monthly" jobs have very small income...but he has one w-2 from one "monthly job"an two 1099(miscellaneous income) for the other two "monthly"jobs.

so when I said he doesn't have 1099 for 2005 and 2005...he actually never had.For some jobs he had or only 1099,or w2,or both.He said it's not the case of losing them or being incomplete.

what do you think?should we send all these?we mentioned all these jobs in his g-325 A...and at the current company(where he was hired in Jan 2006)he earns more over the poverty limit...and then for 2005 he had that job (that started in 1998)that is a lil over the poverty limit...so i hope they don't care a bout the other jobs that were actally parralle jobs..with very low income..

What do you think?

if you're still online please let me know your opinion...we mail everything tomorrow,caz we are running out of time!

thanks

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, submission of tax returns for 2005 and 2006 is optional (The instruction says "You must provide either an IRS transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year. If you believe additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income, you may submit transcripts or photocopies of your Federal individual income tax returns for the 3 most recent years."

I personally think if his income in 2007 (and probably 2008 as well) exceeds the poverty line and he currently maintans the job, that's what all matters and you might not need to submit copy of tax return for 2005 and 2006. But, I am not a professional for immigration, and it is you and your housband's call whether you think "additional returns may help you to establish your ability to maintain sufficient income."

I read in the Forum that some people received REF because they did not include W2 and/or 1099 in submitting copy of tax return (not tax transcript, as tax transcript does not require W2 and 1099), but if he has never received form 1099 (rather than lost form 1099), maybe he can explain that in a separate paper in advance and attach to the tax return to avoid receiving REF later.

Edited by Mint518

AOS from H1B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.