I have a couple of questions about the IV package to be sent to NVC,

The package consists of the following:

DS-230 (part I and II),

Original/Certified Copy of Beneficiary's birth certificate,

Original/Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate,

Original Police Clearance Certificate (s),

Photocopy of Biographic page of Passport

2 photos

Q1. Do we also have to send a photocopy of all the above documents in the IV package (sending 2 copies)? I am confused by LingChe's guide about the photocopy requirement.

Q2. Do we need to send 2 or 4 photos in the IV package?

Send one set of copies of your original's you metioned. LingChe's mentiones two copies because you keep one set for yourself and other you send it to your spouse.

Also, dont forget to sign DS230 part 1 and put case number on all pages on right hand corner.

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called NVC on 26th since I got my NOA2 in th mail that day and the NOA2 was approved on the 20th. NVC gave me the case number. Called today and it was shipped to the embassy in Manila on the 27h. We cleared NVC in just over a week total. Now onto the embassy and setting up the interview.

Great! Are you planning to go for cr1 or k3?

hey waithatter

pls guide us

i hv got approval notice on23 jan. i m in india and my lawer is in USA ..i m confused who will get approval notice? will they send me on my india's address or my husband's US address... yet the copy is not reached also i m not very much aware of visa process.

one more thing i want to go for passport clearence and PCC but they told me i should hv my approval letter than only they will provide me my clearence? now what should i do ?

also i hv lawyer so do i need to feel DS -3032?

thank u waithatter,

i hv chkd tht NVC shortcut.thx 4 tht. i know i m asking u silly questions but my husband got the CRIS update of approval and tehy hv written "case approved and approval notice sent" .. so do i consider it as approval notice or its different. and can i go on with tht mail to passport clearence?? i hv to go to surat for clearence, from whr u got clearence in india?

Yes, that CRIS e-mail confirm as your case is approved. I am not sure how surat passport office works on obtaining pcc, but you can certainly try it. I am still waiting for my wife to obtain pcc from ahmedabad passport office, but she will get it tomorrow with interview letter.

Wife received Interview letter(packet 4) in mail today. One step closer to completing this long visa journey.

thanks,

sorry for askin but i m not gettin u.. what do u mean by "PCC with interview date"..

i dont know wht the hell is goin on in my case,the lawyer is not ready to inform anything. he says after approval it will take around 4 months.. also when we ask for case no. he says that we'll get case no in post or e-mail... i cant tell u how much i m confused now.. :wacko: he said after i will sign DS part-1 and send him all PCC ,he will proceed further.. :crying: ... its already 11 months of my marriage and 9 months since we've filed.. still 4 months???? :cry:

anyway, i will try in surat with e-mail notification tomorrow..

What I mean by "PCC with interview date" is My wife will try to get PCC from passport office with Interview letter because for some reason ahmedabad passport office asks for interview letter to issue pcc. But I know surat is different so you can try getting pcc with approbal e-mail.

I know NVC process takes longer when lawyer is involved, so if you didnt pay your lawyer any fee I would suggest you remove him from your case and assigend the petitioner as agent to make process faster. You can call NVC to find out how you can remove lawyer from your case and assigned petioner as your agent.

I am sorry to hear about your case and situation but I am in same situtaion. It's been 10 month for marriage and 9 months since we've filed. I know its hard to live without your spouse but Dont loose hope you are almost done, be positive and be strong.

Good luck!

thx,

if it ws in my hand i would never give my case to lawyer.. but my in-laws has assigned ths lawyer so i m helpless.

still my husband has mailed to lawyer to speed up processing n he will call him again on monday. it ws okey with him till now but as he is saying still it will take 4 months, i m really furious upon him.. lets see what he does now...

K.D,

Dont worry, your lawyer said 4 months but it really doesnt take 4 months. Just relaxed and keep on top with your lawyer to make sure he send you the stuff he gets from NVC. You'll be done soon.

thx waithatter

i hv got hard cop of approval letter today and i've downloaded DS-230 part-1 and filled up today.. now i can move forward to get PCC...and my husband has called and mailed to lawyer yesterday.. i think it has shown its impect . :thumbs:

Great!

What happens if I do not got co sponsor and I need one?

"Loving each other has made beautiful flowers bloom in the garden!"-Omar & Caroline

anyway, i will try in surat with e-mail notification tomorrow..

What I mean by "PCC with interview date" is My wife will try to get PCC from passport office with Interview letter because for some reason ahmedabad passport office asks for interview letter to issue pcc. But I know surat is different so you can try getting pcc with approbal e-mail.

I know NVC process takes longer when lawyer is involved, so if you didnt pay your lawyer any fee I would suggest you remove him from your case and assigend the petitioner as agent to make process faster. You can call NVC to find out how you can remove lawyer from your case and assigned petioner as your agent.

I am sorry to hear about your case and situation but I am in same situtaion. It's been 10 month for marriage and 9 months since we've filed. I know its hard to live without your spouse but Dont loose hope you are almost done, be positive and be strong.

Good luck!

thx,

if it ws in my hand i would never give my case to lawyer.. but my in-laws has assigned ths lawyer so i m helpless.

still my husband has mailed to lawyer to speed up processing n he will call him again on monday. it ws okey with him till now but as he is saying still it will take 4 months, i m really furious upon him.. lets see what he does now...

K.D,

Dont worry, your lawyer said 4 months but it really doesnt take 4 months. Just relaxed and keep on top with your lawyer to make sure he send you the stuff he gets from NVC. You'll be done soon.

thx waithatter

i hv got hard cop of approval letter today and i've downloaded DS-230 part-1 and filled up today.. now i can move forward to get PCC...and my husband has called and mailed to lawyer yesterday.. i think it has shown its impect . :thumbs:

Great!

What happens if I do not got co sponsor and I need one?

Most likely your case will be put on hold till you meet the minimum requerements finacially for your spouse. Or you get a sponsor to help you out. Bottom line is that you need to meet the financial requirements set by USCIS and the govt.

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi all. pls help me

hey waithatter any updates in yr case??

i went to surat passport office for clearance... the officer told me i hv to re issue my passport wiht my husband's name... now my passport is with my father's name and surname.... do we need to re issue my passport with my husband's name and surname?? we've written both names in DS -230 then, why they are tellin to re issue passport??? i dont know wht to do.. the officer was too rude to ask further question?

Case complete: 04-20-09

Interview date: 06-08-09

I just called NVC and operator told me that I should wait 2 to 4 weeks before I get my case number. I have seen from others post that the people are getting there NVC case number after 2 to 3 days...

Is it true or I should call them every 2 hours until I got the case number....?

Any advise?

I just called NVC and operator told me that I should wait 2 to 4 weeks before I get my case number. I have seen from others post that the people are getting there NVC case number after 2 to 3 days...

Is it true or I should call them every 2 hours until I got the case number....?

Any advise?

TO PANDIT...

Wait at least 2 days after you get your NOA2 hardcopy.... then call them. I got mine to AVR... Automated Voice Record. If not , call them when its not so busy... like early morning or in the evening. You got to realize there is only one NVC for the rest of us and I am pretty sure that sometimes they are getting tired of asking the same question eventhough its their job. Be patience... REMEMBER the USCIS...can be worst! GOODLUCK!

Edited by Carlos and Jocel

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
hi all. pls help me

i went to surat passport office for clearance... the officer told me i hv to re issue my passport wiht my husband's name... now my passport is with my father's name and surname.... do we need to re issue my passport with my husband's name and surname?? we've written both names in DS -230 then, why they are tellin to re issue passport??? i dont know wht to do.. the officer was too rude to ask further question?

As far as I know I dont think you have to new passport with your husband name, but you might want to contact local agent there in surat and ask them. I am sure they might be able to explain to you more in detail. All passport office and local police station people are rude no matter what. Those a$$ hole knows we need pcc to get out case completed so they take advantage of it. My wife will get the pcc from passport office by thursday of this week and I should have it by next tuesday. Then hopefully I will have case complete by end of next week.

U.S. Passport

Timeline
For those of you who are approved in January, lets help each other out so we can fly through NVC process quicker. :dance:

Keep all approvals updated with your progress at NVC. I am planning to call NVC tomorrow to see if they received my files from VSC. :)

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!

Hi All,

My wife's k3 visa interview is fixed for Mar 18. Her paperwork for IR3 is still pending at NVC now and she has submitted the DS 230 and I 864

already to NVC and waiting on a decision. Will the consulate change her k3 interview to IR1 interview, if her paperwork for IR1 reaches

consulate before that ? Should she tell the consulate that her paperwork for IR1 is with the consulate (once it reaches the consulate) when she goes for her k3 interview ?

What will the consulate guys do when she goes to her interview on Mar 18 and they find that her CR1 papers are with them ? Will they go ahead and conduct

her k3 interview as expected or will they flip over to IR1 interview on the same day ? Also, on the back of the 2 photos sent to NVC along with DS 230, the name and case number was written in ball point very lightly. Will she get an RFE on this ? It did not mention any were that we need to send photos along with DS 230. Is it necessary to send the photos along with DS 230 ? Please enlighten me on this matter.

Thanks.

Timeline
For those of you who are approved in January, lets help each other out so we can fly through NVC process quicker. :dance:

Keep all approvals updated with your progress at NVC. I am planning to call NVC tomorrow to see if they received my files from VSC. :)

Hi All,

My wife's k3 visa interview is fixed for Mar 18. Her paperwork for IR3 is still pending at NVC now and she has submitted the DS 230 and I 864

already to NVC and waiting on a decision. Will the consulate change her k3 interview to IR1 interview, if her paperwork for IR1 reaches

consulate before that ? Should she tell the consulate that her paperwork for IR1 is with the consulate (once it reaches the consulate) when she goes for her k3 interview ?

What will the consulate guys do when she goes to her interview on Mar 18 and they find that her CR1 papers are with them ? Will they go ahead and conduct

her k3 interview as expected or will they flip over to IR1 interview on the same day ? Also, on the back of the 2 photos sent to NVC along with DS 230, the name and case number was written in ball point very lightly. Will she get an RFE on this ? It did not mention any were that we need to send photos along with DS 230. Is it necessary to send the photos along with DS 230 ? Please enlighten me on this matter.

Thanks.

Jai,

it all depends on consulate to convert her k3 into cr1, but most probably they will if her cr1 file reaches consulate even day before her k3 interview. I suggest if you want to and ONLY if you want to you can contact the consulate and consult the situation. Yes, you do have to send 2 2x2 passport size photo along with ds230 and writing case number using ball pen on back of photos is just fine. You wont get RFE dont worry.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks.

Jai,

it all depends on consulate to convert her k3 into cr1, but most probably they will if her cr1 file reaches consulate even day before her k3 interview. I suggest if you want to and ONLY if you want to you can contact the consulate and consult the situation. Yes, you do have to send 2 2x2 passport size photo along with ds230 and writing case number using ball pen on back of photos is just fine. You wont get RFE dont worry.

Good luck!

thanks waithatter

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello! My case was approved on January 23rd so I am joining this thread. ;)

We decided to follow both paths, k-3 and cr1, as most people here. We're hoping to have our CR-1 case sent to the consulate by the time of the K-3 interview.

Well, my husband called NVC last week but they didn't have our case number yet. He is going to call again today so I asked him to insist, try a couple times... We have all the papers ready to go, except for the DS 3032 because I'm planning to e-mail it. However, I realized I should also send it through snail mail, just in case. Do you guys think I should send it directly from Brazil or I should send it to my husband and have him mail it to NVC? (If that makes any difference...)

My second question is about the K-3 path. When I find out NVC has sent the papers to the consulate, should I wait until I receive the package from the consulate or should I call them anyway and see if I can already schedule my interview? I can't wait to have my intereview date!!! We've waited almost a year!!!! :wacko:

Our Immigration Timeline:

Form I-130 sent to Chicago - 03/18/08 (Case in VSC)

NOA 1 - 03/26/08

Updates - 04/01/08; 06/16/08; 06/17/08

NOA 2 - 01/23/09

NVC received papers - 01/30/09

NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill - 02/02/09

DS 3032 sent by e-mail and snail mail - 02/02/09

NVC replied my e-mail confirming my choice of agent - 02/06/09

AOS bill received - 02/07/09

AOS bill and IV bill paid online - 02/07/09

AOS and IV display the PAID message - 02/11/09

AOS and DS-230 packages sent - 02/11/09

NVC received packages - 02/13/09

NVC sent RFE (mistake on DS-230) - 02/20/09

Form DS-230 re-sent (as requested) - 02/26/09

CASE COMPLETE - 03/05/09

Interview date assigned - 03/10/09

Case forwarded to the embassy - 03/11/09

Medical Examination - 04/08/09

CR1 interview - 04/09/09 - VISA APPROVED!

Visa in hand - 04/??/09

POE - 04/??/09

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Update: we just got our case number and NVC generated our Ds3032 and AOS bill today. My husband couldn't get the invoice ID number though. I told him to call again because if we wait until we get it by snail mail, we'll be wasting a whole week.

We decided to follow both paths, k-3 and cr1, as most people here. We're hoping to have our CR-1 case sent to the consulate by the time of the K-3 interview.

Well, my husband called NVC last week but they didn't have our case number yet. He is going to call again today so I asked him to insist, try a couple times... We have all the papers ready to go, except for the DS 3032 because I'm planning to e-mail it. However, I realized I should also send it through snail mail, just in case. Do you guys think I should send it directly from Brazil or I should send it to my husband and have him mail it to NVC? (If that makes any difference...)

My second question is about the K-3 path. When I find out NVC has sent the papers to the consulate, should I wait until I receive the package from the consulate or should I call them anyway and see if I can already schedule my interview? I can't wait to have my intereview date!!! We've waited almost a year!!!! :wacko:

Our Immigration Timeline:

Form I-130 sent to Chicago - 03/18/08 (Case in VSC)

NOA 1 - 03/26/08

Updates - 04/01/08; 06/16/08; 06/17/08

NOA 2 - 01/23/09

NVC received papers - 01/30/09

NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill - 02/02/09

DS 3032 sent by e-mail and snail mail - 02/02/09

NVC replied my e-mail confirming my choice of agent - 02/06/09

AOS bill received - 02/07/09

AOS bill and IV bill paid online - 02/07/09

AOS and IV display the PAID message - 02/11/09

AOS and DS-230 packages sent - 02/11/09

NVC received packages - 02/13/09

NVC sent RFE (mistake on DS-230) - 02/20/09

Form DS-230 re-sent (as requested) - 02/26/09

CASE COMPLETE - 03/05/09

Interview date assigned - 03/10/09

Case forwarded to the embassy - 03/11/09

Medical Examination - 04/08/09

CR1 interview - 04/09/09 - VISA APPROVED!

Visa in hand - 04/??/09

POE - 04/??/09

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Timeline
Update: we just got our case number and NVC generated our Ds3032 and AOS bill today. My husband couldn't get the invoice ID number though. I told him to call again because if we wait until we get it by snail mail, we'll be wasting a whole week.

Great! It really doesnt matter where you send your DS3032 from as long as NVC gets it. So, whichever is faster for you go ahead and do it. As soon you know k3 was sent to consulate and consulate received it go ahead call consulate and ask them for packet 3 or if consulate has packet 3 on there website downloaded it and send it instead of wasting time waiting for packet 3. Consulate will not schedule interview date until they recieve packet 3 back from you. IIN is impossible to get, so tell your husband not to waste time trying to get one because none of NVC operater will him IIN over the phone. Your husband should get the AOS bill by end of this week since it was generated today.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

UPDATE:

The US consulate has scheduled our K3 interview on 18th March 2009.

But we are most likely reschedule it to mid-april 2009. Our CR1 is not complete yet and we are not sure whether it will be completed before 2nd week of Feb. 2009. So we will be part of March 2009 and likely get CR1 interview date in April 2009.

Has any one rescheduled K3 interview?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,

RJG2008

Timeline
hi all. pls help me

As far as I know I dont think you have to new passport with your husband name, but you might want to contact local agent there in surat and ask them. I am sure they might be able to explain to you more in detail. All passport office and local police station people are rude no matter what. Those a$$ hole knows we need pcc to get out case completed so they take advantage of it. My wife will get the pcc from passport office by thursday of this week and I should have it by next tuesday. Then hopefully I will have case complete by end of next week.

thx again waithatter,

i met two visa agents now. they told me it is not important to to re issue with husband's name. also they told in this months only they've finished several cases for k-3 visa and none had to face such problem.. i dont know y that officer had talked with me like tht, :ranting::protest: anyway i will go tomoro to office again and will demand for clearance at my risk.. i know they know its our painful nerve n thts why they hit on it. will try again tomoro. :bonk: in fact this time police officer ws very much polite to my surprise. he said no problem n guided properly :wub::yes:

Case complete: 04-20-09

Interview date: 06-08-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.