BePatience

JANUARY APPROVAL, Let's do NVC together

534 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Ok so question ..Is it Possible for us to push this I130 before I129f thru NVC to Embassy ..

Cuz i really dont want to pay for AOS or pay Ticket fair to india after two months she is here ..

but looks like i dont have a choice .. now i am confused if i should ask her to wait till she get I130 Interview .. but she already waited 1.5 yrs cant ask her to wait 2 or 3 months ..

so i think i should just go with AOS ..

what is you guys think ??? what would u do ??

Rahul,

Let me ask you this, Is your I-129f alread at respected embassy or consulate? How far are you into your I-130 process at NVC? Did they generate your DS3032 and AOS fee? what I did is my I-129f is already at mumbai consulate and they already received our packet 3, now we are waiting for interview date for I-129f while I am almost done with I-130 process here at NVC. Bottom line is if you have all docs ready for NVC process then you can easily get done with your I-130 process before I-129f interview date. So, its totally upto you how fast you do your paper work at NVC to complete CR1 process.

Good luck!

This is my status .. I got a letter from NVC saying that they are forwading the case to Chennai Counslate ..that is where i am Now...

Now i dont know if i should respond to I130 from NVC or Change of Status ..

Thanxs waithatter..

I-130 Journey

04-21-08 - I-130 sent

05-01-08 - I-130 NOA1

01-04-09 - I-130 NOA2(approved)

01-08-09 - I-130 Received approval hardcopy in mail

I-129F Journey

05-05-08 - I-129F sent

05-14-08 - I-129F NOA1

01-04-09 - I-129F NOA2(Approved)

01-12-09 - I-129F Case number assigned @ NVC

01-14-09 - I-129F NVC forward case to Chennai

01-XX-09 - I-129F Receieved by consulate/Packet 3 sent

xx-xx-09 - I-129F Interview date

Rahul,

If I were you I would pursue both path to see which one gets me better interview. My question to you is do you really want to play the waiting with USCIS for adjust stauts? And if you respond your I-130 paper work as soon as they generate you might be able to finish your NVC process very quick.

So waithatter,

What i was thinking is even if i pursue the I130 they will only give her Green Card valid for 2 yrs since we are not married for more than 2 yrs. So i still have to go thru USCIS with I751 to remove the condition on Green card and i still have to pay $545 & all the delays. so was thinking why? ... let her come here early with K3 Valid for 2yrs & will deal with Adjustment of Status. Correct me if i am wrong .. i am like stuck here .. I just got the Affadavit of Support bill from NVC .. do i have to pay this if i am doing K3 & Adjustment of Status ? Let me know what you think? ..Thanks for you help..

Rahul

Rahul,

K3 visa is not work permit visa and if she doesnt want to work then go ahead, but I would still go for I-130 regardless since its just matter of 1 months thats just my personal opinion. Trust me dude you will be done with your I-130 process in less then 20 days if all your paper work is ready, but if you want to you can pursue k3.

I've gotten 4 letters from NVC, all with different dates ranging from 1/9-1/15 stating that our k3 will be forwarded to the consulate "within a week" :blink:

anyone else get multiple letters like this? just curious

Lisa,

I only got one letter.

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Ok so question ..Is it Possible for us to push this I130 before I129f thru NVC to Embassy ..

Cuz i really dont want to pay for AOS or pay Ticket fair to india after two months she is here ..

but looks like i dont have a choice .. now i am confused if i should ask her to wait till she get I130 Interview .. but she already waited 1.5 yrs cant ask her to wait 2 or 3 months ..

Rahul,

Let me ask you this, Is your I-129f alread at respected embassy or consulate? How far are you into your I-130 process at NVC? Did they generate your DS3032 and AOS fee? what I did is my I-129f is already at mumbai consulate and they already received our packet 3, now we are waiting for interview date for I-129f while I am almost done with I-130 process here at NVC. Bottom line is if you have all docs ready for NVC process then you can easily get done with your I-130 process before I-129f interview date. So, its totally upto you how fast you do your paper work at NVC to complete CR1 process.

Good luck!

This is my status .. I got a letter from NVC saying that they are forwading the case to Chennai Counslate ..that is where i am Now...

Thanxs waithatter..

I-130 Journey

04-21-08 - I-130 sent

05-01-08 - I-130 NOA1

I-129F Journey

05-05-08 - I-129F sent

05-14-08 - I-129F NOA1

Rahul,

If I were you I would pursue both path to see which one gets me better interview. My question to you is do you really want to play the waiting with USCIS for adjust stauts? And if you respond your I-130 paper work as soon as they generate you might be able to finish your NVC process very quick.

So waithatter,

What i was thinking is even if i pursue the I130 they will only give her Green Card valid for 2 yrs since we are not married for more than 2 yrs. So i still have to go thru USCIS with I751 to remove the condition on Green card and i still have to pay $545 & all the delays. so was thinking why? ... let her come here early with K3 Valid for 2yrs & will deal with Adjustment of Status. Correct me if i am wrong .. i am like stuck here .. I just got the Affadavit of Support bill from NVC .. do i have to pay this if i am doing K3 & Adjustment of Status ? Let me know what you think? ..Thanks for you help..

Rahul

Rahul,

K3 visa is not work permit visa and if she doesnt want to work then go ahead, but I would still go for I-130 regardless since its just matter of 1 months thats just my personal opinion. Trust me dude you will be done with your I-130 process in less then 20 days if all your paper work is ready, but if you want to you can pursue k3.

I've gotten 4 letters from NVC, all with different dates ranging from 1/9-1/15 stating that our k3 will be forwarded to the consulate "within a week" :blink:

Lisa,

I only got one letter.

waithatter,

Its true, so what all paper work should be ready? i mean i am getting confused with what i have to have ready & what she have to have ready in terms of papers.. should i already send her my Bank letter & Employment letter & Affidavit of Support with Tax return Notarised to her ..Now ?

Rahul

Filed: Timeline

Yes, I did received 3 letters from NVC dated Jan. 12 (the date when my case was forward to the consulate) till Jan 14. Please refer to the posts within this thread.

Got my hard copies finally. :dance:

Count me in guys i am also january approval got my approva letter on jan 6th .But my question is soon we should all b getting our spouses interview dates like in few months inshallah will u guys b travelling so u can b with ur spouses date of there interview is it good idea or waite and c ? Since i know for sure all males go through AP which is couple of months or even year being in security check n im sponcering my hubby so i wana b with him till he gets here or should i wait?? so confuse need all of ur replies what will u all b doing traveling or waiting ? Plz reply ladies who r sponcering there hubbys or fiance since for ladies being sponceerd is easy interview n thats it they get there visa within week but guys go through AP :((( so im waiting anxiulsy for my hubbys arrival .So guys please let me know since v all have same time line soon v will here bout interview dates too im planing ahead since cant take any chances been waiting for past 4 yrs now :(

Count me in guys i am also january approval got my approva letter on jan 6th .But my question is soon we should all b getting our spouses interview dates like in few months inshallah will u guys b travelling so u can b with ur spouses date of there interview is it good idea or waite and c ? Since i know for sure all males go through AP which is couple of months or even year being in security check n im sponcering my hubby so i wana b with him till he gets here or should i wait?? so confuse need all of ur replies what will u all b doing traveling or waiting ? Plz reply ladies who r sponcering there hubbys or fiance since for ladies being sponceerd is easy interview n thats it they get there visa within week but guys go through AP :((( so im waiting anxiulsy for my hubbys arrival .So guys please let me know since v all have same time line soon v will here bout interview dates too im planing ahead since cant take any chances been waiting for past 4 yrs now :(

Congrats on the approval! (:

looks like our hubbies will be going through the same embassy (: and i plan on attending his interview with him just because i want to be there for support. in the mean while, i'm staying in the states to get all the paperwork together so everything will be ready when his interview is near. i hope this helped!

take care and good luck with everything!

I-130 Journey:

Wedding: July 4, 2008

I-130 Filed: August 25, 2008

NOA1: September 8, 2008

Approved: January 9, 2009 [yay!]

Approved in 123 days (:

NVC Journey:

NVC Received/Case number assigned: 1.13.09

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated: 1.20.09

NVC mailed out DS-3032 and Bill 1.20.09

Mail/E-mail DS3032: Emailed DS-3032 1.20.09

Mailed DS-3032: 1.22.09

DS3032 Accepted: 1.23.09 [NVC operator confirmed]

AOS bill received in mail: 1.23.09

Paid AOS Bill: 1.23.09

AOS Bill Showed as Paid: 1.28.09

Mailed I-864 Package: 1.30.09

NVC Received I-864 Package: 2.2.09

IV Bill Generated: 1.26.09 AVR confirmed

Pay IV Bill: 1.27.09

IV Bill Showed as PAID: 1.28.09

Mailed IV Package: 2.3.09

NVC Received IV Package: 2.4.09 AVR confirmed

-NVC operator says I need a correction on I-864-2.10.09

-I-864 Corrections sent: 2.19.09 [received at NVC 2.23.09]

Case Completed at NVC: 4.16.09

Interview: 6.9.09

Reunited: 9.12.09 (:

looks like our hubbies will be going through the same embassy (: and i plan on attending his interview with him just because i want to be there for support. in the mean while, i'm staying in the states to get all the paperwork together so everything will be ready when his interview is near. i hope this helped!

take care and good luck with everything![/font]

Thx for replying sis .wow so ur hubby will also go through Islamabad embassy nice mayb our hubbys might get same date n we'll b bale t c each other there ,lol would b nice .So yeah i think i should also b with my hubby but just confused how they start asking for more stuff i will provide all paper work u know how the embassy ppl r just wana create mess by asking for tons more paper work .But hope evrything goes okaay .Thank u .Best wishes

Thx for replying sis .wow so ur hubby will also go through Islamabad embassy nice mayb our hubbys might get same date n we'll b bale t c each other there ,lol would b nice .So yeah i think i should also b with my hubby but just confused how they start asking for more stuff i will provide all paper work u know how the embassy ppl r just wana create mess by asking for tons more paper work .But hope evrything goes okaay .Thank u .Best wishes

anytime sis! (:

yeah it will definitely be easier if the petitioner is there with the beneficiary. so let's hope we get through this process fast and get to see our husbands! take care and be patient!

good luck!

I-130 Journey:

Wedding: July 4, 2008

I-130 Filed: August 25, 2008

NOA1: September 8, 2008

Approved: January 9, 2009 [yay!]

Approved in 123 days (:

NVC Journey:

NVC Received/Case number assigned: 1.13.09

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated: 1.20.09

NVC mailed out DS-3032 and Bill 1.20.09

Mail/E-mail DS3032: Emailed DS-3032 1.20.09

Mailed DS-3032: 1.22.09

DS3032 Accepted: 1.23.09 [NVC operator confirmed]

AOS bill received in mail: 1.23.09

Paid AOS Bill: 1.23.09

AOS Bill Showed as Paid: 1.28.09

Mailed I-864 Package: 1.30.09

NVC Received I-864 Package: 2.2.09

IV Bill Generated: 1.26.09 AVR confirmed

Pay IV Bill: 1.27.09

IV Bill Showed as PAID: 1.28.09

Mailed IV Package: 2.3.09

NVC Received IV Package: 2.4.09 AVR confirmed

-NVC operator says I need a correction on I-864-2.10.09

-I-864 Corrections sent: 2.19.09 [received at NVC 2.23.09]

Case Completed at NVC: 4.16.09

Interview: 6.9.09

Reunited: 9.12.09 (:

Hey! I am also at the Islamabad embassy girls don't forget me! I'm waiting for the interview and going too! So, what can we do to try to get a shorter AP time? Is having the papers in check a way to prevent it or is that just going to happen no matter what we do?

Mahitab

anytime sis! (:

yeah it will definitely be easier if the petitioner is there with the beneficiary. so let's hope we get through this process fast and get to see our husbands! take care and be patient!

good luck!

Edited by ~Dream~Love~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We were approved on January 6th.. we recieved our NOA2 hard copy and two letters from the NVC, a few days apart from eachother. (??) I'm going to call them on Tuesday to ask if our case has been forwarded to London yet.. unless they're open tomorrow? (Don't think they are, but figured I would ask)

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
We were approved on January 6th.. we recieved our NOA2 hard copy and two letters from the NVC, a few days apart from eachother. (??) I'm going to call them on Tuesday to ask if our case has been forwarded to London yet.. unless they're open tomorrow? (Don't think they are, but figured I would ask)

NVC office will be closed tomorrow. If you have the case # for I129F, then you can call 202-663-1225.

Option 1

Option 0

They would be able to tell you whether the petition / case has been received by the consulate in London. If "yes" then has the consulate generated packet 3 and has it been sent to the beneficiary.

Good luck

Timeline

Rahul,

Good luck!

Thanxs waithatter..

I-130 Journey

04-21-08 - I-130 sent

05-01-08 - I-130 NOA1

I-129F Journey

05-05-08 - I-129F sent

05-14-08 - I-129F NOA1

Rahul,

So waithatter,

Rahul

Rahul,

Lisa,

I only got one letter.

waithatter,

Its true, so what all paper work should be ready? i mean i am getting confused with what i have to have ready & what she have to have ready in terms of papers.. should i already send her my Bank letter & Employment letter & Affidavit of Support with Tax return Notarised to her ..Now ?

Rahul

Rahul,

Please Read Lingche's shortcut http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut thats should tell you what all documents you will need for nvc process, and etc.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes, I did received 3 letters from NVC dated Jan. 12 (the date when my case was forward to the consulate) till Jan 14. Please refer to the posts within this thread.

well, appartently you cant go by the first dated letter, or the second, maybe not even the third :hehe: ...consulate still has not received our 129f as of today.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

well, appartently you cant go by the first dated letter, or the second, maybe not even the third :hehe: ...consulate still has not received our 129f as of today.

Lisa,

When did NVC say they forwarded your I-129f consulate? It usually takes 3 days from the time NVC shipped your case through DHL. I track mine and as soon as I saw my case reached consulate my wife sent packet 3 the next day.

U.S. Passport

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Lisa,

When did NVC say they forwarded your I-129f consulate? It usually takes 3 days from the time NVC shipped your case through DHL. I track mine and as soon as I saw my case reached consulate my wife sent packet 3 the next day.

Well, they havent...I received the four letters, the earliest dated 1/9/8, They all said the 129f would be sent to the consulate "within the week". ???

Consulate asked me to check back next week. See, I keep contacting them because I needed to change husbands address. So, I'll bug them again next Monday.

Your wife sent the packet 3 to them without waiting for them to mail it to her? I wonder if Amman would accept that.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Lisa,

Well, they havent...I received the four letters, the earliest dated 1/9/8, They all said the 129f would be sent to the consulate "within the week". ???

Consulate asked me to check back next week. See, I keep contacting them because I needed to change husbands address. So, I'll bug them again next Monday.

Your wife sent the packet 3 to them without waiting for them to mail it to her? I wonder if Amman would accept that.

As long as consulate have packet 3 on there website, I am sure you can send it in. As of right now my wife have not receive packet 3 from consulate and consulate said they sent it on Jan 12th so, instead of waiting for packet 3 it is wise to send it in.

U.S. Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.