beatles

Affidavit of Support-Proofs to Include

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance and I are preparing the documents for the Affidavit of Support and I have a few questions. Appreciate any help anyone can give me.

1. For the payslips or paystubs, do we need to show original documents or would copies be fine?

2. For personal properties, insurance and bonds declared, what proofs do we need to attach?

3. For bank statements, how many months do we need to present?

Thank you so much for your help.

:)

beatles

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

My fiance and I are preparing the documents for the Affidavit of Support and I have a few questions. Appreciate any help anyone can give me.

1. For the payslips or paystubs, do we need to show original documents or would copies be fine?

2. For personal properties, insurance and bonds declared, what proofs do we need to attach?

beatles

Copies will be fine. If income alone is sufficient, you may simply leave blank all references to assets. If you need to use assets to cover a shortfall in income, show whatever official documents you have available to document them. Bank statements are not what is asked for when a bank letter is mentioned. Follow the instructions exactly if the bank will do it. Again, no asset documentation is needed if you have enough income.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi,

beatles

Copies will be fine. If income alone is sufficient, you may simply leave blank all references to assets. If you need to use assets to cover a shortfall in income, show whatever official documents you have available to document them. Bank statements are not what is asked for when a bank letter is mentioned. Follow the instructions exactly if the bank will do it. Again, no asset documentation is needed if you have enough income.

Thank you for your reply. In that case would 55000 annual income and 10000 bank savings be sufficient?

I thought the requirement meant bank statements as stated in Packet 3. We'll just check the bank for the bank letter then.

Notarized Affidavit of Support (Form I-134 fiance(e) visa applicants) from the petitioner or other qualified sponsor along with supporting evidence:

One (1) year of US income tax returns 1040 & W-2 (copies or faxes are acceptable)

Bank statements and proof of assets

Letter of employment or job offer

Thanks again pushbrk!

Timeline
Hi,

beatles

Thank you for your reply. In that case would 55000 annual income and 10000 bank savings be sufficient?

I thought the requirement meant bank statements as stated in Packet 3. We'll just check the bank for the bank letter then.

Notarized Affidavit of Support (Form I-134 fiance(e) visa applicants) from the petitioner or other qualified sponsor along with supporting evidence:

One (1) year of US income tax returns 1040 & W-2 (copies or faxes are acceptable)

Thanks again pushbrk!

What are you quoting? Again, you don't need to show assets or a bank letter with $55k income unless you have a household of about 30 people.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi,

beatles

Thanks again pushbrk!

What are you quoting? Again, you don't need to show assets or a bank letter with $55k income unless you have a household of about 30 people.

Great! Thanks so much. I quoted the requirements from Packet 3 that the embassy sent us :)

Timeline
Hi,

beatles

Thanks again pushbrk!

Great! Thanks so much. I quoted the requirements from Packet 3 that the embassy sent us :)

I guess they've figured out banks don't like writing those letters and have decided statements are ok. Either way, you need neither.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.