h1ghl4nd3r

Visa Packet wasnt opened

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi again, I finally got my wife and kids up here in Alaska :) Had a wonderful Christmas and now it's time to file for the kids' I-485, but we have a problem. The Immigration officer at the airport did not open my kids' visa packet. we were going to get their SS stuff done today but we need their Birth Certificates which are still in the visa packet. I didn't want to open them and I don't really know what to do at this point, im going to the local USCIS office tomorrow morning to find out... but I was wondering if anyone here had gone through this circumstance. Anyway all your help and thoughts are appreciated. Thank you guys so much for helping me, I hope that all of you had a great holiday season

Hi again, I finally got my wife and kids up here in Alaska :) Had a wonderful Christmas and now it's time to file for the kids' I-485, but we have a problem. The Immigration officer at the airport did not open my kids' visa packet. we were going to get their SS stuff done today but we need their Birth Certificates which are still in the visa packet. I didn't want to open them and I don't really know what to do at this point, im going to the local USCIS office tomorrow morning to find out... but I was wondering if anyone here had gone through this circumstance. Anyway all your help and thoughts are appreciated. Thank you guys so much for helping me, I hope that all of you had a great holiday season

Don't open the packet..I was just wondering why you still have their packet in hand ???I thought the immigration officer at their POE will get the visa packet for record purposes ???I hope our fellow vjer's can help you regarding this.

Filed: Timeline

Don't open the packet..I was just wondering why you still have their packet in hand ???I thought the immigration officer at their POE will get the visa packet for record purposes ???I hope our fellow vjer's can help you regarding this.

The visa packet should have been handed to the CBP officer at the POE. Did they open and keep your wife packet? you need to either contact CBP at their POE and ask what they want you to do since they have made a mistake or you can talk to USCIS and see if they can take the packets.

You can not get the birth certificates out of the packet they will become part of the childrens immigration file. You will need to get more birth certificates for your children so they can file for AOS.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The visa packet should have been handed to the CBP officer at the POE. Did they open and keep your wife packet? you need to either contact CBP at their POE and ask what they want you to do since they have made a mistake or you can talk to USCIS and see if they can take the packets.

You can not get the birth certificates out of the packet they will become part of the childrens immigration file. You will need to get more birth certificates for your children so they can file for AOS.

My wife's packet was not retained either. I didn't realize it until we were more than a thousand miles from the POE, so made arrangements to mail it to the nearest CBP office and directly to the officer in charge. If you have one locally, I'd take it to them unopened. If you don't have any other copies of birth certificates, he might accomodate you by letting you make copies. It's worth a try. Never expect anything back from USCIS.

This is the official case file USCIS will retain forever. You'll see it at any AOS interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks a lot guys, yeah I was supposed to go today but I wasn't able to, but I'll be going tomorrow morning for sure.

Pushbrk: Hahaha yeah... I've learned about that from experience. Thanks for the warning though :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

contact uscis and inform them about the packet.

request another copy of BC not just one... u may need d other copy n d future.

this s d website and u can order BC online: https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

don't worry it is reliable web. i ordered mine here..

goodluck!

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.