Noi3125

Police Clearance Certificate - Israel

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just called the Israeli Consulate here in the U.S. to see how my husband can get his police certificate since every time we have been to the Embassy in Bangkok they have been closed. We feared it might take some time and according to the person I spoke to we just fill out a form send it back to the Israeli consulate here and processing can take up to 4 months... what 4 months (this is what we feared and therefore why we went to Bangkok specifically two months ago). Does that sound right to fill out a form for confirmation of non-criminal records and mail it to the consulate with $16? Anyway, she said that it would have to be sent directly to the US Embassy in Bangkok. Does this sound right? If this is the case, how do we know when it arrives? Can we send packet three without it? I assume we are back to waiting and praying without knowing any progress.

It is just frustrating because we feared this would be the case and went to the embassy to preemptively ask for the certificate but on two occasions (Bangkok is an 8 hour bus) they were unexpectedly closed for security reasons and never answer the phones.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice you have.

Joe and Noi

I-130
22-08-2008 Mailed I-130 from Thailand
17-04-2009 K-3 Interview - Approved: Was Issued CR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-175
02-03-2011 Mailed I-751 from Michigan

3/21/2011- NOA1

4/18/2011-Biometrics

N-400
GC-Date: 5/1/09
Sent: 3/22/16
Cashd: 3/25/16
NOA: 3/25/16
Fprints: 4/22/16
In Line: 4/28/16
Int Ltr: 6/28/16
Interview:
Oath:
Field Office: Detroit

Divorced 11/19/2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Police Records

Israel:

Generally available.

Israeli police certificates are available for citizens and residents of Israel as well as nonresidents. Police certificates may be requested at any Israeli police station. They are sent directly to the U.S. Embassy. Former residents residing outside of Israel should apply in person at an Israeli consular or diplomatic mission.

Israeli police records are centralized and automated. Cases are indexed according to a unique identification number (Israeli National Identity Number) for Israeli citizens. Non-Israeli citizens are also assigned an I.D. number that identifies them.

Criminal records are purged from the official police record seven years after the conviction, except for aggravated felonies or if the applicant had additional convictions during the seven years. In extraordinary circumstances, individuals can obtain a full print-out of their record including expunged convictions. The police will not provide this to the Embassy, since these print-outs have no legal effect in Israel.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3588.html

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.