Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Police Clearance Certificate - Israel

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Other Country: Thailand

I just called the Israeli Consulate here in the U.S. to see how my husband can get his police certificate since every time we have been to the Embassy in Bangkok they have been closed. We feared it might take some time and according to the person I spoke to we just fill out a form send it back to the Israeli consulate here and processing can take up to 4 months... what 4 months (this is what we feared and therefore why we went to Bangkok specifically two months ago). Does that sound right to fill out a form for confirmation of non-criminal records and mail it to the consulate with $16? Anyway, she said that it would have to be sent directly to the US Embassy in Bangkok. Does this sound right? If this is the case, how do we know when it arrives? Can we send packet three without it? I assume we are back to waiting and praying without knowing any progress.

It is just frustrating because we feared this would be the case and went to the embassy to preemptively ask for the certificate but on two occasions (Bangkok is an 8 hour bus) they were unexpectedly closed for security reasons and never answer the phones.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice you have.

Joe and Noi

22-08-2008 Mailed I-130 from Thailand
17-04-2009 K-3 Interview - Approved: Was Issued CR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-03-2011 Mailed I-751 from Michigan

3/21/2011- NOA1


GC-Date: 5/1/09
Sent: 3/22/16
Cashd: 3/25/16
NOA: 3/25/16
Fprints: 4/22/16
In Line: 4/28/16
Int Ltr: 6/28/16
Field Office: Detroit
Divorced 11/19/2020

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines

Police Records


Generally available.

Israeli police certificates are available for citizens and residents of Israel as well as nonresidents. Police certificates may be requested at any Israeli police station. They are sent directly to the U.S. Embassy. Former residents residing outside of Israel should apply in person at an Israeli consular or diplomatic mission.

Israeli police records are centralized and automated. Cases are indexed according to a unique identification number (Israeli National Identity Number) for Israeli citizens. Non-Israeli citizens are also assigned an I.D. number that identifies them.

Criminal records are purged from the official police record seven years after the conviction, except for aggravated felonies or if the applicant had additional convictions during the seven years. In extraordinary circumstances, individuals can obtain a full print-out of their record including expunged convictions. The police will not provide this to the Embassy, since these print-outs have no legal effect in Israel.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...