Tree

My paper never said (221g)?

7 posts in this topic

It's just a standard letter. . .it can take any amount of time, and Pakistan lies . . .

Do you know what the AP is for? Have you done any inquiries?

we don't know what the AP is for, the interviewing officer all our documents are lined up and nothing was missing. I am still waiting from the response from the Islamabad Embassy, but no response.

nessei

AP is a normal procedure in pakistan, it is just a background,fingerprint, and name check thats all...and 4-6 weeks is just not true. usually it takes 4-10 months in pakistan, i had my interview on 5th of august in islamabad US embassy and december 28 i received the call from embassy to submitt my passport.. it took me 5 months to get out of AP....its been one week i sent my passport hope inshalla i get my visa next week

Edited by Alijan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Nessie

So basically you are asking what is Administrative Processing? Administrative Processing could be security checks, or it could be whatever they chose it to be. The embassy will never give you a definative answer. We received the same six week letter after our interview in Islamabad. The embassy usually responds to emails on Wednesday, at least that is my experience. And then sometimes, they will never answer you. When I first started writing to the Embassy they would respond with ... write us again in two weeks but now we just get the standard, cut and paste, AP response. They say Your case is currently in AP and there is no time frame for AP. They rarely give any honest or meaningful responses to your inquiries.

The 4 to 6 week letter is the standard letter they give eveyone that is placed on AP. It means absolutely nothing.

The best you can do in this situation is sit back and relax or you will drive yourself crazy trying to bring some reason to the unreasonable. Write the embassy every two weeks and inquire about your case. Call DOS every Thursday to try and gain some insight as to what is happening with your case. Try not to get discourgaged and keep a positive attitude.

I hope and pray your AP is over quickly. :thumbs:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When our case was in Pakistan it took six months, but was for document verification. We did a Senate liaison inquiry every 4-6 weeks and I kept tabs on the process through the Dept of State information line. Basically they will take "as long as it takes" as someone else said 4-8 months is an estimate, but it can take longer. You cannot really speed them up, but it comforted me through my inquiries that there was no way they were going to forget my case.

Patience is going to be important.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Nessie,

I am sorry that you got blindsided with the AP. As everyone else stated it is normal for the men to get as little as 5-6 months of AP and in some cases longer. When we went through Islamabad we were told our case was fine and that they needed 45 days. My husband did get two pieces of paper one is a form letter stating give it 45 days and the other was a 221(g). Each CO operates differently and some persons get nothing, others get several pieces of paper.

Pray for patience during this time and I will remember you in my prayers.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.