Seperated_Lovers

Elections approaching!!!!!!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all;

So both major parties are preparing for general elections to be held in November. We should all come together some how and write a letter to congress to do something about us. We should let ourselves be heard, and let the lawmakers know how the current law is keeping American citizens and their spouses away. Its like living without an essential part of ourselves :crying: . I wish they move forward to make some law that would allow an American to marry somene in a foriegn country then just go to embassy and after embassy makes sure they are married, and meet other requirements, it issues the alien spouse a non-immigrant visa. So we dont have to live without our loved one.

Hows my suggestion? How do we come together? How do we do it?

totally agree with you....by the way congradulations to you for the baby....as for me, i have pretty much the same situation as you.....we are expecting our baby in december, I hope my wife gets here before that, we are praying everyday, every night, every minute every second....all the time

Filed: Timeline
Hi all;

So both major parties are preparing for general elections to be held in November. We should all come together some how and write a letter to congress to do something about us. We should let ourselves be heard, and let the lawmakers know how the current law is keeping American citizens and their spouses away. Its like living without an essential part of ourselves :crying: . I wish they move forward to make some law that would allow an American to marry somene in a foriegn country then just go to embassy and after embassy makes sure they are married, and meet other requirements, it issues the alien spouse a non-immigrant visa. So we dont have to live without our loved one.

Hows my suggestion? How do we come together? How do we do it?

I agree. There needs to be a better way rather than going through 129F route. People that come here on non-immmigrant visas such H1, F1, J1, L1 etc can bring their spouse with dependent visa and they can get it by just visiting US consulate abroad. But citizens have to wait for 6 months to 1 year!!

At the very least, we should draft a letter and everyone should fax it to their congressmen/senator's office.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

There's nothing wrong with the current laws, just the slow moving bureaucracy. If you want new laws, they need to be drafted in context of what's best for all Americans and not just the small group with foreign spouses. Think big picture. Or else we become special-interest-group whiners.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

If Visa/Mastercard/AmericanExpress can identify me at any time I visit a gas station or resturaunt, at any location in the entire world....

Then I think the United States government should:

1. Buy or Use that SAME EXACT TECHNOLOGY in their immigration processes.

2. Lease out that technology to ALL paritcipating foreign embassies abroad.

...Or

3. Outsource the data/information processing of Visa Applications to Visa/MasterCard/AmericanExpress.

Technology is the answer in IMO. I have no problem with existing laws or the requirements/processes that applicants must go through from start to finish. BUT when WE ALREADY KNOW how fast and efficient we CAN make things work, well, it's kind of disheartening to know that the same technology that is used to monitor/track MILLIONS OF CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS EACH DAY/HOUR is not being implemented in a process where families are seperated.

The whole idea behind the LIFE ACT (using the I-129F/K3/Non-immigrant visa for a spouse) was to REDUCE the time required for entry.

The bottom line: If VISA knows me in GREAT DETAIL, my buying habits, can track exactly where I have been, which locations I often frequent, and a host of related information --- well, then so can the USCIS.

j

6/14/2011 AOS Filed Chicago

6/16/2011 AOS Packet Delivered

7/16/2011 NOA1's Recieved

7/25/2011 ASC Appt Notice recieved

8/18/2011 Biometrics scheduled (Ft. Myers)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

jamesfreddyc, it's amazing the personal information we allow credit cards or job recruiters to collect, but when the government tries this, people scream invasion of privacy. I agree, technology could have helped all this, provided the foreign partner's country had the same capabilities.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While her specific concern might fall in the realm of "special interest", i think the bigger issue is definitely a "greater good" issue: underfunded or outdated USCIS and ICE units. 12 million illegal aliens is definitely a problem for the population at large for a number of reasons.

For example, while we're constantly beaten over the head with the "border security" thing, think about it in terms of elementary mathematics: these 12 million criminals came here in 20 years. That's 600,000 per year. If one terrorist (knowing this border is incredibly weak) came across the same border the same way each day of the year, that's "only" 400 terrorists, which is 0.06666% of the annual criminal border crossings. Does this sound like what a government would consider an "acceptable risk"? Unfortunately, yes. Which means we could easily have 8,000 terrorists here right now. That's quite a fair number of cities. Even if they don't do massive 9/11-style attacks, 8,000 suicide bombers would definitely shake up a nation and plunge it into chaos - even the US. I'd consider preventing that to be "best for all Americans" :)

One of the news outlets (AP? Reuters? lost the link :( ) also recently reported that despite misinformation otherwise, illegal immigrants *do* in fact take jobs from citizens. The article cited illegal hispanics often taking residence in areas that are primarily lower-class urban, causing a struggle in the unskilled labor market. The criminals aren't just doing the jobs that nobody wants. In the article, they were consuming unskilled construction jobs that people interviewed would happily take if they could. There were armchair economists saying that it's not the case, but I'll believe the guy that said that his sons can't get work with his employer (or elsewhere) instead and have to collect unemployment before I believe the economist's "theory".

Oops... got to speechifying again, huh? better stop now. :P There are plenty of issues, they just need to be framed properly ;) ttyl,

mich

There's nothing wrong with the current laws, just the slow moving bureaucracy. If you want new laws, they need to be drafted in context of what's best for all Americans and not just the small group with foreign spouses. Think big picture. Or else we become special-interest-group whiners.

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Filed: Timeline

It's like "justice delayed is justice denied". What is the point in having a law that does not serve its purpose -- be it because of its intent or because of its implementation. K3 was introduced to overcome the delays due to I-130 and now K3 is not good enough.

Any one that knows about dependent visa's for H,L,J etc. would understand what I am talking about. When they can get a spouse non-immigrant visa over the counter, why not spouses of USCs. I am not asking for an immigrant visa, why can't they just issue a non-immigrant visa and if they found any problems with the marriage, they can always deny GC and cancel the non-immigrant visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.