#@!!*

Getting paperwork ready for filing

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello

I am getting the paperwork together to file for our lifting of conditions and had a couple of questions. One is that as I am going to submit a copy of our 2007 Federal Income Taxes, is it okay to black out the information such as the monies earned and taxes paid so long as the names, social security numbers, address, etc are there. The other is if I submit the things such as bank statements (can I black out the account no?) and phone bills, is submitting just the first page with our names and address good enough? I would rather not copy all the pages of the phone bills and bank statements if it is not necessary as it would seem to be a waste of paper and resources.

Thank you,

Squidge

Judge Judy rules!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am wondering the same thing! Great question!

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hmmmm - don't know all the answers to this but it seems to me, you must prove ability to support - so blacking out the income on your tax return would not accomplish this. :unsure:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Remember that they are the government! they can check everything in you file (SSN for example is in the forms that you need to send! so why black out that?) The bank accounts are in the checks that everyday you use to pay for anything... So why black out that to the officer that will check your package?

I'm pretty sure that will be much better if you leave everything clear but is just my opinion.

Good luck.

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would suggest you leave in its original state. They have access to all these forms any way what is there to hide. I left everything in its original state.

N 400 Journey

Sent Package-12/13/2008 VSC

Biometrics - 01/07/09

Original Interview Date - 04/07/09 (File has not arrived)

Interview Date - 05/13/09

Oath Letter Received - 06/11/09

USC - 07/02/09

Passport/PC (Expedited) -07/02/09

Passport/PC Received - 07/11/09

Filed: Timeline
I would suggest you leave in its original state. They have access to all these forms any way what is there to hide. I left everything in its original state.

Exactly - they will know your bank account information -assuming you are including bank statements as evidence- so there is little point in doing this.

For whomever said you have to prove ability to support the alien; this does NOT apply for removal of conditions.

Filed: Timeline

It's not advisable to black out any information on the bills. They can get it anyhow.

Also, we sent only the first page of bills and statements, where the essential info of our names and common address shows. there's no need to copy every page.

We sent about 4-5 statements/bills at random per year we've been married covering almost 3 yrs of marriage.

you must send new, old and in-between statements. Some people got RFEs for having sent only statements from the last 3 mo. They want old ones, too.

A must: D/L sharing common address and last 2 or 3 yrs tax returns and lease/mortgage deeds showing you're living together. You might get RFEs or interview call if one of these is missing.

Edited by ianletz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.