Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Received travel papers but have a question

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine

We received our Advanced Parole and it is actually 2 copies of the same document as far as we can tell. Is my wife supposed to travel with both copies, or is one supposed to be a backup copy to be kept safe? Does she have to show it to anyone before leaving the US? Or is it only shown upon her return? We want to make sure we do this correctly so there is no issue with her returning to the US.

Also is there a limitation on how long she can stay abroad before returning (of course keeping in mind the expiration date of her AP)?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

Yes, you do get two copies of the AP. What you do is take both copies with you when you leave. You don't show them when you leave the country but when you return to the US. Present both copies and they will stamp both copies upon paroling you back into the US. They will give one of the copies back to you and keep one copy for their files. You will then present the stamped AP each time you return to the US while the AP is valid and they will give it back to you.

The AP is valid for multi-re-entries for one year, but that doesn't mean that you are allowed to be outside of the US for the year. Keep any visits outside of the US to 6 months or less and make sure you return while the AP is still valid.

Hope that helps.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...