luck-e and Kookie

recently got divorced and filed K1 visa ryt away

46 posts in this topic

my first wife has forgiven me after everythin that happend and things are going well among the 3 of us. :blush:

I think this statement and the timing of your actions is going to place you in the position of having to prove you did not commit visa fraud with respect to your first wifes IR-1 and that by filing for the K-1 for your gf you are not attempting to do it again....

thanks thats a nice one! im fixing my life now and hope this will be my forever. been there done that, it was a nightmare but im hoping this would be my fairytale. thanks geezer!

Not trying to rain on your parade. But alerting you to what you will be facing.

More bad news... since there is no divorce in the Philippines you and your wife agreeing to file in guam could be also considered fraud to get around the fact that she cant initiate a divorce, so its possible you divorce mmay not be recognized in the phils and it may be that you are not free to marry which is a condition for filing the K-1.

i am a US citizen before i married my ex wife. so as an american, and since i was the one who filed for the divorce, it should be honored here in the philippines. I just have to go to the US embassy and bring them the copy of my court orders and send it to the NSO office here.

Yes, you can file for divorce and the Philippine govt. will honor it.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
hello everyone,

just need advice on this. i recently filed for a k1 petition for my new girl in the philippines and got the NOA1 last oct 29, 2008. there are some questions i want to know if there would be some problems when it comes to my fiance's approval to get the k1 visa. I am a US citizen and was married to a filipina last 2000.i filed for her IR1 visa on 2004 and she got her visa and left for the US last april 2008. i met another filipina last 2005 and got a baby with her (who is now a US citizen btw). it was all because i fell in love with the new filipina but still continued for my first wive's IR1 petition. my first wife has forgiven me after everythin that happend and things are going well among the 3 of us. we hav agreed to get divorced the moment she gets her SSN. now that she has her SSN and now working, i went to guam last may 2008 and filed for a divorce after a month of staying in guam. i got the court order that we are finally divorced last august 2008 and immediately filed for the k1 visa for my new girl. we got the NOA1 last oct 29,2008 and went back to the philippines to stay with her for a while again. got in the philippines last nov 4, 2008 up to the present. my question is, would there be some complications as far as being with my new girl in the middle of my first wive's petition? i got divorced before filing the K1 visa petition but our relationship is active since 2005 before my first wife got her IR1 visa.

My second question is, about her point of entry. i filed in the guam sent it to CSC but i was wondering if can her point of entry be in new york or in hawaii, not guam?

I hope i can get answers from you guys. i know our relationship is really interesting and kinda messed up but were going thru it.

thank you guys!

:blush:

By sponsoring your new gf for the K1 you could lose both of them. The first one because it is a visa-fraud and the new one cuz' you will be denied cuz' of the visa fraud with the first one. If you explain like you said, the case to the immigration, it will be another proof of visa fraud, bc it is exactly what you did

My head is spinning but it sure sounds like visa fraud. I wonder if applying for the K1 will cause your ex-wife to be deported...

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

hello everyone,

just need advice on this. i recently filed for a k1 petition for my new girl in the philippines and got the NOA1 last oct 29, 2008. there are some questions i want to know if there would be some problems when it comes to my fiance's approval to get the k1 visa. I am a US citizen and was married to a filipina last 2000.i filed for her IR1 visa on 2004 and she got her visa and left for the US last april 2008. i met another filipina last 2005 and got a baby with her (who is now a US citizen btw). it was all because i fell in love with the new filipina but still continued for my first wive's IR1 petition. my first wife has forgiven me after everythin that happend and things are going well among the 3 of us. we hav agreed to get divorced the moment she gets her SSN. now that she has her SSN and now working, i went to guam last may 2008 and filed for a divorce after a month of staying in guam. i got the court order that we are finally divorced last august 2008 and immediately filed for the k1 visa for my new girl. we got the NOA1 last oct 29,2008 and went back to the philippines to stay with her for a while again. got in the philippines last nov 4, 2008 up to the present. my question is, would there be some complications as far as being with my new girl in the middle of my first wive's petition? i got divorced before filing the K1 visa petition but our relationship is active since 2005 before my first wife got her IR1 visa.

My second question is, about her point of entry. i filed in the guam sent it to CSC but i was wondering if can her point of entry be in new york or in hawaii, not guam?

I hope i can get answers from you guys. i know our relationship is really interesting and kinda messed up but were going thru it.

thank you guys!

By sponsoring your new gf for the K1 you could lose both of them. The first one because it is a visa-fraud and the new one cuz' you will be denied cuz' of the visa fraud with the first one. If you explain like you said, the case to the immigration, it will be another proof of visa fraud, bc it is exactly what you did

look, i honestly mean that this is real. i didnt commit any visa fraud. bec everythin was all for real! i didnt planned to do this to my first wife. in fact i filed her IR1 visa even before 2004. I filed it 2002 and I have to reactivate and write a letter why was i wasnt doing anything with all the notices that they have sent. i always go to the philippines and i didnt realy know how my petition would go. it was again active on 2004. so this means i cant be with my girl forever?even if everythin is set for reals? i know it is hard but i need advice as far as making it it easier for us like would it be advicable to be on the day of the interview? things like that. i really feel bad because im trying to fix my life now since it was really a mess to start with. now that everythin is running smoothly, i feel that i dont have any other choice but just to suffer not bringing my 'love of my life' in the US. :(:(

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

What is your age?

26. and my new girl is also 26. and my ex wife is 27.

AOS Timeline[

LIFTING CONDITIONS:

NATURALIZATION:

IR5 (MOM)

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
my first wife has forgiven me after everythin that happend and things are going well among the 3 of us. :blush:

I think this statement and the timing of your actions is going to place you in the position of having to prove you did not commit visa fraud with respect to your first wifes IR-1 and that by filing for the K-1 for your gf you are not attempting to do it again....

thanks thats a nice one! im fixing my life now and hope this will be my forever. been there done that, it was a nightmare but im hoping this would be my fairytale. thanks geezer!

More bad news... since there is no divorce in the Philippines you and your wife agreeing to file in guam could be also considered fraud to get around the fact that she cant initiate a divorce, so its possible you divorce mmay not be recognized in the phils and it may be that you are not free to marry which is a condition for filing the K-1.

i am a US citizen before i married my ex wife. so as an american, and since i was the one who filed for the divorce, it should be honored here in the philippines. I just have to go to the US embassy and bring them the copy of my court orders and send it to the NSO office here.

You should check with your home state regarding your divorce in Guam, as it is probably voidable, as it was done to circumvent the laws where you are a resident. If it is voidable, then the USCIS may not recognize it. In California, it is family law 101 that any foreign divorce is worthless if you never intended to leave California.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

You should check with your home state regarding your divorce in Guam, as it is probably voidable, as it was done to circumvent the laws where you are a resident. If it is voidable, then the USCIS may not recognize it. In California, it is family law 101 that any foreign divorce is worthless if you never intended to leave California.

thank you. im a guam resident. my business is situated in guam as well. and i work in guam too.

AOS Timeline[

LIFTING CONDITIONS:

NATURALIZATION:

IR5 (MOM)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

I would suggest that you have your Guam divorce decree confirmed in the Philippines so that it will be validated there. That is the recent rule now when one of the parties to the divorce is a Filipino citizen. Unless you do that, your ex-wife will remain married to you and if the USEM would conduct its own verification, such fact would appear.

hello everyone,

thank you guys!

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Filed: Timeline

It could be true love for you this time but you still have to prove it to the USCIS. You do have a uphill battle, if you have any, with your situation. USCIS will not just go by 'but its for real this time', they will check your past and your petition history and a lot will depend on that to say the least.

You might want to research a lot more, take legal advice and check for eligibility etc and not just look for 'you'll be alright' here on VJ coz frankly its a very messed up situation.

It could be true love for you this time but you still have to prove it to the USCIS. You do have a uphill battle, if you have any, with your situation. USCIS will not just go by 'but its for real this time', they will check your past and your petition history and a lot will depend on that to say the least.

You might want to research a lot more, take legal advice and check for eligibility etc and not just look for 'you'll be alright' here on VJ coz frankly its a very messed up situation.

thank you for the advice. yup that's what i will do. thank you so much again.

AOS Timeline[

LIFTING CONDITIONS:

NATURALIZATION:

IR5 (MOM)

im thinking of doin that on tuesday here in manila. where do i do that? in US embassy manila?

Edited by kookiefabros

AOS Timeline[

LIFTING CONDITIONS:

NATURALIZATION:

IR5 (MOM)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.