filipina2b

Another co-sponsorhip question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi again everyone!!

I first want to thank everyone who has offered their help to me today, I appreciate it greatly!

I am now considering asking my sister to be a co-sponsor, but I wonder how it works considering it is not her money, it is her husbands. So they are married, and he makes plenty of money, and the money is considered hers as they file jointly, but she is a stay at home mom.

So, would I have her file for the co-sponsor, and how would it work really--when they ask on the i-134 for employer info, what exactly is her job--she is not paid .. ? For the i-864, if my sister were filling it out, would she say her income is the amount which her husband makes, and then when it asks what the spouse makes, what would she say?

Or should I just have her husband fill out the form, but then he is more distantly related than my sister...

Does anyone have any experience in asking the spouse who does not make money in a one income family to be the co-sponsor?

Thank you so much!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi again everyone!!

I first want to thank everyone who has offered their help to me today, I appreciate it greatly!

I am now considering asking my sister to be a co-sponsor, but I wonder how it works considering it is not her money, it is her husbands. So they are married, and he makes plenty of money, and the money is considered hers as they file jointly, but she is a stay at home mom.

So, would I have her file for the co-sponsor, and how would it work really--when they ask on the i-134 for employer info, what exactly is her job--she is not paid .. ? For the i-864, if my sister were filling it out, would she say her income is the amount which her husband makes, and then when it asks what the spouse makes, what would she say?

Or should I just have her husband fill out the form, but then he is more distantly related than my sister...

Does anyone have any experience in asking the spouse who does not make money in a one income family to be the co-sponsor?

Thank you so much!!

Since she has no income, she doesn't qualify to sponsor. Why is it you need a co-sponsor, or more to the point, why do you not qualify to sponsor? The whole idea of using a co-sponsor in Manila is a crapshoot at best.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

See duplicate post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169723

Note I-134 is not needed at time of K-1 petition filing, it is used at the consulate.

Moving to consulate embassy forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Hi again everyone!!

Thank you so much!!

Since she has no income, she doesn't qualify to sponsor. Why is it you need a co-sponsor, or more to the point, why do you not qualify to sponsor? The whole idea of using a co-sponsor in Manila is a crapshoot at best.

I do not qualify as a sponsor because I have been a full time student for the last 5 years and have never maintained full time employment in that time--I basically have made between 1,000 and 3,000 US dollars for the last 3 years. What do you suggest I do if co-sponsorship is a ####### shoot--are you saying there is a 99% chance they will deny me because I cannot provide sufficient income myself?

Timeline
Hi again everyone!!

Thank you so much!!

I do not qualify as a sponsor because I have been a full time student for the last 5 years and have never maintained full time employment in that time--I basically have made between 1,000 and 3,000 US dollars for the last 3 years. What do you suggest I do if co-sponsorship is a ####### shoot--are you saying there is a 99% chance they will deny me because I cannot provide sufficient income myself?

No, I'm not saying that. Now that you've elaborated, things look a little better. Let's examine options that will allow you to qualify on your own. You say you've been in college five years. Since it will be several months until financials are required, what's the chance you can be employed by then, even if it requires a change in your life plan?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi again everyone!!

Thank you so much!!

No, I'm not saying that. Now that you've elaborated, things look a little better. Let's examine options that will allow you to qualify on your own. You say you've been in college five years. Since it will be several months until financials are required, what's the chance you can be employed by then, even if it requires a change in your life plan?

Here are some more details: I am applying for graduate school, won't know until Feb. if I'm accepted, but pretty sure I will be, so I only have between now and June, when the program starts to be employed. But, do I need to offer the information that I am in school at that point? My idea is that I will begin babysitting full time for my sister this month, and continue babysitting for her while I am in school. Either way, there is no way I can make over 17,000$'s between now and 6-8 months from now. Would it be possible that just the prospect of me making 17,000+ this year, eventually, would suffice somehow?

Thank you again, I really appreciate it!

Timeline
Hi again everyone!!

Thank you so much!!

Here are some more details: I am applying for graduate school, won't know until Feb. if I'm accepted, but pretty sure I will be, so I only have between now and June, when the program starts to be employed. But, do I need to offer the information that I am in school at that point? My idea is that I will begin babysitting full time for my sister this month, and continue babysitting for her while I am in school. Either way, there is no way I can make over 17,000$'s between now and 6-8 months from now. Would it be possible that just the prospect of me making 17,000+ this year, eventually, would suffice somehow?

It sounds like a change in life plan is in order. You'd best get an actual job with an employer and pay stubs. Then you can state your income as an annualization of your pay, execute the I-134 and send it to your fiance. If you later start graduate school, the data was correct at the time the affidavit was signed.

I'd say using your brother in-law as a sponsor is 50/50 but a job at $10 an hour will do the trick.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
Hi again everyone!!

Thank you so much!!

It sounds like a change in life plan is in order. You'd best get an actual job with an employer and pay stubs. Then you can state your income as an annualization of your pay, execute the I-134 and send it to your fiance. If you later start graduate school, the data was correct at the time the affidavit was signed.

I'd say using your brother in-law as a sponsor is 50/50 but a job at $10 an hour will do the trick.

Sounds good, I'll see what I can do!

Thanks so much for the help!

Timeline
Hi again everyone!!

Thank you so much!!

Sounds good, I'll see what I can do!

Thanks so much for the help!

I hope it works out. At the interview it will be important for your husband to understand your plan. He needs to explain that you've put of graduate school because of the sponsorship needs and be prepared to explain the family's plan to be financially self sufficient going forward.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.