dongaa

i called uscis

6 posts in this topic

hello happy new year to everybody

to day i called uscis to check on my statue to know what is going on for (i-751),one of the Customer Service answer and he asked for all my information(my recipe number+my email+addres+phone number+ect..), after all that he give me some long number include some letter total 16 Character , and he said keep it your loccal office the will contacte you soon,

did any body have any idea what this is means , i have never heard about getting some numbers like that from uscis.

pls any answer will be helpful. thanks

happy new year 2009

03-23-08 Sent I-751 to California Service Center

03-25-08 I-751 Confirmed Delivered

04-22-08 Biometrics

11-24-08 interview local office

to day still waiting +i called uscis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hello, my wife got the same thing 3 weeks ago, its a request to see what is going on with the case, they also said it can take 45 days for a responds, my wife got her noa on oct 7, for her aos, but has heard nothing from them, and nothing about her fingerprints. its like they lost the case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did the 16 character number she give you match the number on your Biometrics letter - 3 letters followed by 13 numbers?

You normally have 2 numbers on your file - the first is the receipt number on the NOA and the second is a case number on the Biometrics number. You can go to the http://www.uscis.gov website and check your case status on line by typing in the Biometrics number where it says 'Check Case Status". The Customer Service person may have given you that number so you could check on line for yourself. I didn't get a receipt number and when I phoned the Customer Service person gave me the Biometrics number even before I received the Biometrics appointment. That is the only thing I can think it might be.

Good luck, I hope you hear good news very soon.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

hello, my wife got the same thing 3 weeks ago, its a request to see what is going on with the case, they also said it can take 45 days for a responds, my wife got her noa on oct 7, for her aos, but has heard nothing from them, and nothing about her fingerprints. its like they lost the case.

thanks for respond , hier what he gives me they dont match the number at all

YXYXXXXXXXXXXYYY

y:LETTERS

X:NUMBERS

thanks for respond , hier what he gives me they dont match the number at all

YXYXXXXXXXXXXYYY

y:LETTERS

X:NUMBERS

I think it is the service request number for your enquiry. I called USCIS a few days ago and they put in a service request and I was given a number like that which she said was the reference number for the service request.

Good luck.

Linda & Dave's Timeline

*** Early dates removed due to size of sig ***

May 05 2005 - Visa interview scheduled in London [APPROVED!!!!]

Jun 08 2005 - Flew into JFK

Jun 28 2005 - Married!!!

Aug 04 2005 - Sent off AOS

Aug 09 2005 - NOAs for AOD

Dec 01 2005 - Infopass app in Philly: approved and issued and EAD. Biometrics done!!

Dec 16 2005 - case transferred to CSC

Dec 27 2005 - pass my driving test and get LICENSED!!!!

Feb 2006 - Conditional Green Card received

Mar 21 2006 - start first job, IT contractor

Jul 31 2006 - Job becomes permanent

Jan 02 2008 - Submitted I-751

Jan 28 2008 - I-751 NOA received

Feb 29 2008 - Biometrics

Jan 05 2009 - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah, that makes sense.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.