Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Children coming to visit

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada

Ok, I dont know where to put this, so feel free to move it, lol.

Anyhow... my children wont be joining me until at least a year after I AOS in the states, which is when we will be on our feet, having a house of our own to buy, etc.. I dont want to have the kids come, and live at my future father in laws house, just to move again to yet another school when we buy a house. So, I want to keep things consistant as much as I can for them.

Anyhow, my exhusband is in the Canadian Military and can deploy with a couple of weeks notice. He will have my kids during that time. Since we wont have any process's started for my kids yet (or even when we do), is it possible for me to have my kids sent to me in the states, visiting and going to school for those 3-9 months??


First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010


I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx


xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines

other than coming simply as a visitor, there is no family based visa that can be aquired in that short amount of time (outside of a remote chance on the K-2, but you indicate it could be beyond the one year follow-to-join limit).

As for attending school, it will depend on your locale.... My son arrived on a K-2, but we were never asked to prove immigration status at any time... just vaccination history...

Edited by payxibka


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...